Handed a CASE letter to VW today! Blog updates.

Keithchue

this sound like a very unhealthy local culture. just curious, do you work in a local company? or company with mostly singaporeans? i'm asking because i work in an american company that has a mix of local and foreigners. it is very common to see subordinates driving expensive cars and their directors with half a million annual salary taking taxis or public transport without any unhealthy tension at all.

i think westerners have a very different value system to cars as compared to locals. and being red-eye about others driving a more expensive car just shows how small-minded these people are. i feel that not being able to celebrate and appreciate other's success will also limit one's own heart and success in some ways.

You said it urself in ur statement, u r comparing local culture, specifically pointing and singling out Singaporeans so does that not make for local bashing?

You can love your westerns all u want but I guess I have a right to refute ur statement that westerns are better than locals.

↡ Advertisement

You said it urself in ur statement, u r comparing local culture, specifically pointing and singling out Singaporeans so does that not make for local bashing?

You can love your westerns all u want but I guess I have a right to refute ur statement that westerns are better than locals.

good for you. since you have decided that you want to feel bashed, so be it. have a good life.

Edited by Jellandross

week 2,

went Vw on Friday to retrieve all my stuff including boot stuff from my car, met up with my service advisor as I don't know where they parked my car at. was being told that they have received the CASE letter. and they will come back to me by this week. I'm heading to the states on Thursday, hope they will come back in time to decide what to do.

as per case, in this order, Repair, Replace, Refund.

since my Repair is done 5 times and no succession, I can ask for Replace subject to parties involved approval.

looks like I will ask for VW golf GTI, since it is running on the 6 speeder wet.. might as well avoid any future problems with the GB.

stay tuned

week 2,

went Vw on Friday to retrieve all my stuff including boot stuff from my car, met up with my service advisor as I don't know where they parked my car at. was being told that they have received the CASE letter. and they will come back to me by this week. I'm heading to the states on Thursday, hope they will come back in time to decide what to do.

since my Repair is done 5 times and no succession, I can ask for Replace subject to parties involved approval.

looks like I will ask for VW golf GTI, since it is running on the 6 speeder wet.. might as well avoid any future problems with the GB.

stay tuned

Wow you are hopeful for a replacement to Golf GTI. Never heard of that before. Will VCS want to do it?

Anyway since you are driving Jetta now, why don't u consider the CC, since it's also 6spd DSG.

week 2,

stay tuned

realistically they shall repair all the way and your hope of changing a car is not going to happen, given the fact that coe adds to the complication.

Do keep us updated...cheers

Wow you are hopeful for a replacement to Golf GTI. Never heard of that before. Will VCS want to do it?

Anyway since you are driving Jetta now, why don't u consider the CC, since it's also 6spd DSG.

too big a car to handle...

anyway it is just a thinking of my part...yet to confirm....

thank for the advice..

realistically they shall repair all the way and your hope of changing a car is not going to happen, given the fact that coe adds to the complication.

Do keep us updated...cheers

yes, I can also ask for replacement since repair is demonstrated to be ineffective as per lemon law...

COE will be a difficult part to handle though. I think might be easier to refund than to replace

Do let us know how is going to end.

I stay near a VW showroom and I often have this evil thought,

parked my old car at the showroom and label it with, "a 230,000km car is more reliable than a VW" :D[:p]

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

Do let us know how is going to end.

I stay near a VW showroom and I often have this evil thought,

parked my old car at the showroom and label it with, "a 230,000km car is more reliable than a VW" :D[:p]

that is a good idea. get some reporters on the site.

week 2,

stay tuned

i hope you'll get a positive outcome. may the force of CASE be with you.

i hope you'll get a positive outcome. may the force of CASE be with you.

haha...

thanks...if that does not work..

will be ganging up with my friend to engage a lawyer.

sharing the cost to send a lawyer letter to them

• Praise 1

haha...

errrmm.....u seriously reckon one or two individuals sharing a lawyer can outgun an giant german automotive company wif billions of dollars in the piggy bank?

if it all fails and toothless tiger remain toothless, juz call the media to report ur story. tink they would prefer to siam media than a lawyer letter.

• Praise 1

haha...

No offence to anyone.

Many people have experience with dealers whereby their car's problem is not solved. Its understandable to be very frustrated. But the chances VW will replace it with a new car are slim. The best outcome VW will provide is that they will take in your car and keep repairing it and provide a replacement car to minimize your inconvenience during the repair period.

After you send in your car to VW multiple times for the same problem and that VW cant solve your car's problems. As long as VW keep taking in your car for repairs at no cost within the warranty period. There is nothing much you can fault them.

No offence to anyone.

Many people have experience with dealers whereby their car's problem is not solved. Its understandable to be very frustrated. But the chances VW will replace it with a new car are slim. The best outcome VW will provide is that they will take in your car and keep repairing it and provide a replacement car to minimize your inconvenience during the repair period.

After you send in your car to VW multiple times for the same problem and that VW cant solve your car's problems. As long as VW keep taking in your car for repairs at no cost within the warranty period. There is nothing much you can fault them.

i recall some time ago a bmw 7 series owner sued performance motor and won.. go to the press and share your stories.

also, there is lemon law in-place now..

there are always options available..

• Praise 1

What's the point of having your a VW in and out of the workshop and cannot utilize it for 20-30% of the time, due to its inherent unreliability?

What quality of life?

Just get another Jap car, or a Merc if you need/want conti, to get back reliability and a semblance of reality in your life!

No offence to anyone.

I pay reliable ws to diagnose and know the problem. After that, go back to VW SG & bang table. Tell them to fix that problem.

another way is to search VW forums around the world for similar reported problem. like the DSG GB issue, if there is enough noise, the manufacturer cannot siam anymore and will be forced to admit and provide a reasonable solution to all buyers.

↡ Advertisement