Angry teacher punches four students

LiuDeHua

BgvAw7gCUAAcGfA.jpg

IPOH: Two boys and two girls in Form One have claimed that they were assaulted by a teacher at their school in

Sitiawan after he became angry over an incident involving a playful act by a group of students.
In the incident, which occurred at 5.20pm at SMJK Nan Hwa on Wednesday, the teacher, who is in his 30s, was
said to have become irritable at a group of students who were playing with water outside a classroom.
When one of the girls accidentally poured water on the teacher’s clothes, he punched her in the face, causing bruises.
The teacher then entered his classroom to start his class.
But, when he learnt that three students, including a girl, had forgotten to bring their notebooks, he became
enraged and allegedly punched them.
One of the boys was left bleeding after the assault.
The students were sent for treatment to a hospital while their parents lodged police reports against the teacher.
Chairman of the school board of governors Ling Leong Peng said the affected students were traumatised and
had been advised not to attend school until action is taken against the teacher.
Ling claimed that this was not the first time the teacher had resorted to violence.
Last month, he allegedly punched a student at the school.
He was also said to have hit the principal of another school where he was teaching earlier.
He said the teacher’s previous cases were reported to the Manjung education office, but he claimed that no
action was taken.
“We want the authorities to suspend him and do something about his behaviour. This cannot go on,” he added.
Manjung OCPD Asst Comm Jaafar Baba confirmed the incident.
↡ Advertisement

I used to have such a teacher during primary school.

He would try to gag the student he is attacking with his fist.

But the only comforting thing about his abuses is he only attack those usual class clowns and bullies who misbehaved in classes. Luckily he is ok with the rest of the class.

But after the June holidays, he disappeared and a new teacher took over. I guessed either someone complained or he was asked to leave.

If such case happen in today's school, 100% newspaper story and case up to ministerial level, the teacher could even be arrested and charged in court.

If he can punch a principal from his previous school I dun think anyone will be spared in this school where he punched 4 students. Obvious anger management issues.

Singapore higher chance student punch teacher [lipsrsealed]

I look forward to the day that teachers come out kpkb and say they demand more respect from students!

• Praise 1

I look forward to the day that teachers come out kpkb and say they demand more respect from students!

ask parents say sorry....

its like that, I had seen parents in school complaining teachers dunno how to teach their kids as they kept failing.

it was like the whole class only 2 failures and they wanna shift the blames to the teachers.....nowadays kids are too pampered already.

its like that, I had seen parents in school complaining teachers dunno how to teach their kids as they kept failing.

it was like the whole class only 2 failures and they wanna shift the blames to the teachers.....nowadays kids are too pampered already.

yep, hence the attrition rate.

It's a pity because MOE is losing many good teachers because of these kind of abuse and stress they faced nowadays. To make matters worse, many young, single, scholar-type, KPI-conscious principals find it safer to side with parents than protecting their own teachers in arbitration situations. It is no surprise, therefore, that more parents no longer respect teachers.

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 1

yep, hence the attrition rate.

It's a pity because MOE is losing many good teachers because of these kind of abuse and stress they faced nowadays. To make matters worse, many young, single, scholar-type, KPI-conscious principals find it safer to side with parents than protecting their own teachers in arbitration situations. It is no surprise, therefore, that more parents no longer respect teachers.

I do not condone of corporal punishment on kids, but being over-protective of them will bring them nowhere.

when my kid results went down and she did not do homework, I told the teacher that I dun mind she make my kid stay back to finish the work or attend any extra lessons. just give me a text in advance so that I can arrange my DH to pick her at the right time.

• Praise 1

I always thought how to teach their kid is their parents job , the teacher's job is to educate the kid? If you want the teacher to take over the parent's job then please allow them to punish as how a parent would. That said there should be a line between how far teachers can go but teachers are human , they should be subjected to decent respect. To me , i have the more respect for a teacher as compared to a law enforcer but sadly nowadays if you see how a kid speaks to their teachers.

I would recommend ex law enforcers to join the teaching line to improve the current scenario. I won't even mind the teachers canning my kid if he really misbehaves in school , spare the rod , next time when he is outside , he gets stabbed for no reason then it would be worse. My ex discipline master was a retired police officer from gurkhas , never heard any problems internally when he was around despite being famous for being a "paikia" school.

Singapore kids nowadays think too full of themselves , once they go overseas and have a look at how the "gangsters" in other countries behave then they will know their petty actions of disobedience or unruliness is nothing.

Edited by CH_CO
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1