Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
594 replies to this topic | 527 praises

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Create a thread to discuss All new 2014 Eltantra, which will be launched soon in Singapore,

2014_hyundai_elantra_4_1024x768.jpgMY14Elantra_Limited_06.jpg

MY14Elantra_Sport_05.jpg

2014_hyundai_elantra_24_1024x768.jpg2014_hyundai_elantra_46_1280x960.jpg2014_hyundai_elantra_56_1280x960.jpg2014_hyundai_elantra_57_1280x960.jpg

2014_hyundai_elantra_38_1024x768.jpg

2014_hyundai_elantra_43_1024x768.jpg

Edited by Laserjet, 10 July 2014 - 09:12 AM.

pChou and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Si4dr
  • Premium member
    Si4dr
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Er....I think most face lift only.....didn't see any difference

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Looks like a face lift. But in above pic, its GDI = 140ps ? = CAT B

Local should be MPI I think, maintaining the 130hp for CAT A.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Facelift only, think one of the difference is additional of rear air-con vents at the back seats.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Picanto

is it in the altis league?

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No rear aircon? How about aircon front seat?

K3 seems to better equiped.

is it in the altis league?

I will get this anytime between this and Altis.

Ahgong, Blackyv and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Shift_lock
  • Shift_lock
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

No rear aircon? How about aircon front seat?

K3 seems to better equiped.

I will get this anytime between this and Altis.

The Elantra version launched here will have rear aircon.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm not sure how this car compares to the K3 and for that matter the Altis.
Any current Hyundai, KIA or Toyota owners care to comment.

My take abeit through reading reviews etc is that the Koreans have definitely caught up with the Japs and with the price diff ( I think 120k v 130k) should seriously be considered. That said Toyota has always been noted for their reliability but should taht be the main consideration? Think both the Koreans are now just as reliable right? Lastly between the 2 Koreans, which is better?

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I thought usually the price differences between toyota and korean cars are always about $10K? I remember even way back in 2000s, vios selling at $65K and accent selling at $55k?!

If compared between K3 and elantra. should not have too much differences in term of spec. Maybe see if you like which design more only.

Edited by 13177, 19 February 2014 - 04:39 PM.

Life is very fragile.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I thought usually the price differences between toyota and korean cars are always about $10K? I remember even way back in 2000s, vios selling at $65K and accent selling at $55k?!

If compared between K3 and elantra. should not have too much differences in term of spec. Maybe see if you like which design more only.

No.now's a day the Kia brought in by C & C always have better spec (better equipped ). Just compare the Santa Fe & Sitemap.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Vitaminc1231
  • Premium member
    Vitaminc1231
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Comparing to Altis wise, I won't bother. Both Elantra/K3 win Altis hands down in terms of price & feature & safety. Durablity/branding wise, it's subjective. I am driving a K3 so you know my bet.

Elantra vs K3:

1. Pricing

Elantra has Std and Elite model. Both are more pricey than K3 (based on sgcarmart) currently. When I bought my K3, Elantra Std is comparable to K3, Elite was more expensive.

2. Spec

All 3 almost the same, negligible difference. FC should be almost the same too.

3. Exterior

Very subjective. Elantra has wow factor but if staring long the look become tiring. However, after the tiredness fade away and you look back at it, it again gives the wow look. (Not sure you know what I am saying) K3, quite standard look which some find nice while some find too common.

4. Interior

I find the layout of K3 is nicer than Elantra, again very subjective.

5. Features

K3 win hands down. Elantra std is quite bare. Elite model has a lot more but when compared to K3, is still lagging behind. For example, 16' rim vs K3 17. No paddle shift/cruise control/Bluetooth/dualzone aircon/memory seat, etc. But if you don't need all these, it doesn't matter. But then, K3 is cheaper still with all the features.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Finally, this Elantra feels more complete. When this new Elantra was launched, I cannot get over the ugly centre console design that looks like a robot face due to the low placed small central air-con vents. Now it is better, if it's with rear air-con it is even better. I happen to find out that most Korean cars, they do come with rear foot well-vents as well, which proves to be a comfort for rear passengers.

Edited by Heartbreakid, 19 February 2014 - 07:08 PM.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The Elantra version launched here will have rear aircon.

good to know that...this is one main criteria im looking at for my next ride... [grin]

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I'm not sure how this car compares to the K3 and for that matter the Altis.
Any current Hyundai, KIA or Toyota owners care to comment.

My take abeit through reading reviews etc is that the Koreans have definitely caught up with the Japs and with the price diff ( I think 120k v 130k) should seriously be considered. That said Toyota has always been noted for their reliability but should taht be the main consideration? Think both the Koreans are now just as reliable right? Lastly between the 2 Koreans, which is better?

Me sat before the old Altis not the latest one in my colleague's car, we are going out for an appointment. Also, sat in the taxi model I40 during CNY becoz will be drinking beer, so no driving on my own. Dunno the taxi I40 is the same as this model or not. During both times, I am not the driver but as passenger. I find the Altis more stable and quiet. The I40 quiet too but not as stable as Altis, abit floaty and feeling not confident. Maybe, taxis are different. My genuine comment coz I don't own both cars or have I driven both.

Edited by Renegade777, 19 February 2014 - 07:04 PM.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Me sat before the old Altis not the latest one in my colleague's car, we are going out for an appointment. Also, sat in the taxi model I40 during CNY becoz will be drinking beer, so no driving on my own. Dunno the taxi I40 is the same as this model or not. During both times, I am not the driver but as passenger. I find the Altis more stable and quiet. The I40 quiet too but not as stable as Altis, abit floaty and feeling not confident. Maybe, taxis are different. My genuine comment coz I don't own both cars or have I driven both.

I never sat in the i40 taxi before but sat in the 05 altis, i also find the ride quite comfort and stable.
Life is very fragile.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

Jtfsl
  • Jtfsl
    Clutched
    Author Image

no diff from 2013.... K3 anytime better than this

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Dragonfly1
  • Dragonfly1
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Ya another super-overpriced K car [bigcry] Only Sillyporean willing to buy [furious]

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya another super-overpriced K car [bigcry] Only Sillyporean willing to buy [furious]

Overpriced? Look at the margin of conti car and then day which is overpriced.... Hehehe..

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry, every god damn car in SG is overpriced.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no diff from 2013.... K3 anytime better than this

But funny is you dont find many K3 on the road since it has launched. Whereas you able to find quite many elantra.
Life is very fragile.

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Elantra  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by drivinghazard  |  3rd Gear

Best looking sedan out of Korea

This has got to be one of the best looking sedans on the road that one can actually buy. I dare to say it looks better than Honda's new Civic and the new Mazda3. The back seats aren't has bolstered as the two front seats but head room and... » Read More

Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Elantra  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by mycarjunkie  |  Clutched

Unassuming car

Test drove the highest spec elantra with cruise control and blind spot monitoring. This variant cost considerably more than than the basis model (~13K). For the price, it is competing with household marquee such as Toyota and Honda. It might... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Hyundai Elantra

Quick Reply

Tags: hyundai, 2014, hyundai elantra and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users