All new 2014 Elantra

Quantum

(edited)

Possible, especially for 2.0L engine and above, at least in theory for 2.0L under manufacturer's lab testing condition. But, in real life, most likely manual will still return a FC much closer to the manufacturer's rated one, while the auto version will be too far off.

Anything above 2.5L, auto will return better fuel economy even in the real life driving condition.

As for pricing, reckon it's the same price for both auto and manual version for the same trim level. Possible also 'cos AD will factor in margin. It needs to be separately tested and approved by LTA although it's different GB.

I very much believe that the (A) and (M) has been swapped. Why would a manual be more expensive? And how an auto will be more fuel efficient than a manual unless it is a CVT?

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement

Thought taxi company already using i40 sedan as taxi? How come they still use elantra as taxi? Looks like taxi company likes korean car a lot? But last time they also used avante as taxi, but think the quantity not many, cause hardly see many avante taxi on the road.

The elantra taxi does not belong to any taxi companies. Yellow top taxis are individually owned

The elantra taxi does not belong to any taxi companies. Yellow top taxis are individually owned

think these fleet of yellow-top taxis will cease to exit eventually once the last of the cohort retires.

Supersonic

You mean that these taxi drivers from the yellow top taxi can buy any car to become taxi of their own?

Anyway, when will all the taxi here standardise all using the same taxi colour? And what colour will they be using ar?

You mean that these taxi drivers from the yellow top taxi can buy any car to become taxi of their own?

Anyway, when will all the taxi here standardise all using the same taxi colour? And what colour will they be using ar?

Ya, nowadays they can buy any car and register as taxis. Ever saw a yellow-top toyota liteace some years back. I think the yellow top taxis will be completely gone by the next decade

think these fleet of yellow-top taxis will cease to exit eventually once the last of the cohort retires.

I read that the are about 367 yellow top taxis left in sg.

Possible, especially for 2.0L engine and above, at least in theory for 2.0L under manufacturer's lab testing condition. But, in real life, most likely manual will still return a FC much closer to the manufacturer's rated one, while the auto version will be too far off.

Anything above 2.5L, auto will return better fuel economy even in the real life driving condition.

As for pricing, reckon it's the same price for both auto and manual version for the same trim level. Possible also 'cos AD will factor in margin. It needs to be separately tested and approved by LTA although it's different GB.

manual car FC is subjective to driver experience, if a newbie driver doesn't know what is the best gear shiftting point, definitely FC lost Auto which is controled by computer to optimize the engine efficiency

Turbocharged

Just saw this car at IMM showroom. Not bad.

Got rear air con. $119k at coe 70k.

Forgot to ask whether got 5 years unlimited millage.

not a bad pricing but i will take a 2014 mazda 3 at 120K any day... [grin]

or a 106K Kia K3...

Hyundai has place their car way above many competitive competitors....relatively no longer attractive .. [grin]

or a 106K Kia K3...

Hyundai has place their car way above many competitive competitors....relatively no longer attractive .. [grin]

Hope the new M3 is not a drinker as compare to the previous model.

For Kia, is it worth to keep the warranty with C&C for 3-5 years? Will they charge Merc's pricing?

Buy easy, reliable and maintenance is always top priority for me.

For Kia, is it worth to keep the warranty with C&C for 3-5 years? Will they charge Merc's pricing?

Please lah.. M3 is BMW.

Mazda 3 is Mazda 3.

confirm new Mazda3 is not drinker, I drove one week abt 300km(50%urban road) in Japan last month, full tank fuel needle only dropped to 1/3 level,

reliability and maintenance wise, top option still is Japanese cars, even if Kor cars' performance data is quite attractive

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Mz3 can or not? [laugh][:p]

That what I call it . Mz 3.

As its a car forum, naming can be quite sensitive.

Edited by Baal

Supersonic

Based on the proven (for myself) expeience that its usually 2/3 of the whatever they claim, 11/L would be a safer bet. Esp in Sg whereby its essentially at least 70% urban since our highways aint that highway & most of us drive during peak hours.

Easily. Its AD + its C & C.

3-5 yrs is a double edged sword. As u cant let any other ws touch ur car for else voided, very often, we are just paying for the warranty ourselves......

My take, .....just take the Free 1,5, 10k servicing. Once u hit 10k mileage & all is good, unless super sway, it should be safe already.

or a 106K Kia K3...

But for the K3 at 106k with such great specs, I would be mindful of clawback during spares. Same applies for Hyun also. So many airbags, rear air con, memery seats etc etc....6AT, ....their business model maybe very different from Nissan's & Japs in general.

Unless of course if ur familiar with Boleh & get parts & services there. :)

We must always remember to not only read the right stuff.

Altis has been relagated since avante came about.

is it in the altis league?

i wish they had M/T for this elantra.

↡ Advertisement