New Chief of Army sibei good ah!

Little_prince

Have you guys heard of Ng chee Meng , Ng chee kern and Ng chee peng, they are all brothers and scholars...

Chee Meng is now chief of defense, chee kern used to be chief of Air Force and chee penguin is now chief of navy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ng_Chee_Meng

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ng_Chee_Peng

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ng_Chee_Khern

Their parent sure huat ah...

No longer young. I was RSAF regular technician for 6 yrs, long ago.

I believe some vests serve certain functions.

Bought some of those inner vest from Mustafa, which claim to help keep the body comfortable in cold/hot weathers. As I perspired heavily, the inner vest absorb the moisture so that the outer clothes would not be drenched with sweat.

Vests is good even u are wearing ur own shirt outside. Cos it really serve a purpose to absorb your sweat so that your shirt would not be drenched, and looks so ugly.

Have you guys heard of Ng chee Meng , Ng chee kern and Ng chee peng, they are all brothers and scholars...

Chee Meng is now chief of defense, chee kern used to be chief of Air Force and chee penguin is now chief of navy...

Their parent sure huat ah...

Lol, same like those families when their children are doctor and lawyer.

With regards to his directorships in

- Singapore Polytechnic

- JTC

- IE Singapore

- ST Electronics

I think have to be objective. He's a director because the SAF has a stake in these statutory boards and companies. They will always reserve a board seat, if not more, for a SAF representative.

He would sit in this capacity on behalf of SAF, and if he quits SAF will appoint another Colonel/General to do it. I strongly believe he is not paid for these positions. Even if there are directorship fees, it should be paid to SAF, these are just part of his duties.

For ST Electronics/Engineering it makes sense because they are the ones who make weapons for SAF. How can the SAF not have a director on their board?

• Praise 1

- Singapore Polytechnic
- JTC
- IE Singapore
- ST Electronics
I think have to be objective. He's a director because the SAF has a stake in these statutory boards and companies. They will always reserve a board seat, if not more, for a SAF representative.
He would sit in this capacity on behalf of SAF, and if he quits SAF will appoint another Colonel/General to do it. I strongly believe he is not paid for these positions. Even if there are directorship fees, it should be paid to SAF, these are just part of his duties.
For ST Electronics/Engineering it makes sense because they are the ones who make weapons for SAF. How can the SAF not have a director on their board?

More like giving them some corporate and management experience so that when they get elected as MP and Ministers, they are not too one dimensional with only SAF experience.

- Singapore Polytechnic
- JTC
- IE Singapore
- ST Electronics

you believed wrongly then.

of course he's paid directorship fees.

even for chairing major events like NDP they get extra allowance.

More like giving them some corporate and management experience so that when they get elected as MP and Ministers, they are not too one dimensional with only SAF experience.

*nod nod* *wink*

actually president scholar from the time they reach captain II or major rank, usually they will have to do other stuff already.

I know the president scholar from my JC year, he is already doing some stuff for another ministry.

Smart, nice guy.

Lol i wear singlet outfield in reservist cos im a sweating machine but haha must be discrete.

Edited by Lala81

Desmond @ SMRT - Still waiting to see the results

Ng YC @ NOL - $1 flat liao leh.. still waiting for rebound.. keep saying oversupply in the industry...

But this Perry sure looks more Garung then that Singh lah... Singh really just pull him out when CCS go run for election... Singh was sitting comfortably as DS in Mindef if i remember correctly... no need wear uniform.. no need die die show IPPT gold...

abt IPPT gold, was Ng YC the one that struggled to get his gold?? I heard people saying people pace him and take many times, etc, etc.. coz die die must get gold right?

Desmond @ SMRT - Still waiting to see the results

Ng YC @ NOL - $1 flat liao leh.. still waiting for rebound.. keep saying oversupply in the industry...

But this Perry sure looks more Garung then that Singh lah... Singh really just pull him out when CCS go run for election... Singh was sitting comfortably as DS in Mindef if i remember correctly... no need wear uniform.. no need die die show IPPT gold...

abt IPPT gold, was Ng YC the one that struggled to get his gold?? I heard people saying people pace him and take many times, etc, etc.. coz die die must get gold right?

should be... his midsection is spilling out when he is seated.

14-2c.jpg

Mark my word. In a few years time Perry Lim will be groomed into PAP and slowly could become a PM caliber. I have worked with him when he was only a LTC. No air and seriously not a nerd like other President Scholars.

• Praise 1

Mark my word. In a few years time Perry Lim will be groomed into PAP and slowly could become a PM caliber. I have worked with him when he was only a LTC. No air and seriously not a nerd like other President Scholars.

slowly lah. so many ppl ahead of him in the queue.

mr shiny head is a good choice. i personally find him very impressive.

after him, kee chiu seems favored as well.

slowly lah. so many ppl ahead of him in the queue.

mr shiny head is a good choice. i personally find him very impressive.

after him, kee chiu seems favored as well.

I agree with you. Actually, I don't understand why there is such thinking that just because he's Indian he's not the right choice for now. As a Chinese I'm very impressed with him as well and I will feel good knowing he is in charge.

Or am I just a rare one and most people still think racial lines matter a lot?

I think the current front-runners are Tharman, HSK and CCS. TCJ is popular but the cabinet itself doesn't seem to be particularly impressed with his work performance yet. HSK is a LKY favourite, old man called HSK the best principal private secretary he's ever had, and personally went down to Tampines to campaign for HSK in GE2011 (that was also when he made the "repent" speech).

Perry is of the right age indeed. May well be inducted for GE2015/6. But unlikely to be next in line, because he would only have served one term at most before LHL's self-imposed 2020 retirement deadline.

Edited by Alheych
  • Praise 3

I agree with you. Actually, I don't understand why there is such thinking that just because he's Indian he's not the right choice for now. As a Chinese I'm very impressed with him as well and I will feel good knowing he is in charge.

Or am I just a rare one and most people still think racial lines matter a lot?

I think the current front-runners are Tharman, HSK and CCS. TCJ is popular but the cabinet itself doesn't seem to be particularly impressed with his work performance yet. HSK is a LKY favourite, old man called HSK the best principal private secretary he's ever had, and personally went down to Tampines to campaign for HSK in GE2011 (that was also when he made the "repent" speech).

Perry is of the right age indeed. May well be inducted for GE2015/6. But unlikely to be next in line, because he would only have served one term at most before LHL's self-imposed 2020 retirement deadline.

Valid points here and have depth.. Just dun understand why CCS valued so highly... he has been receiving coaching for his public speaking i believe, but think he is still quite weak... doesnt speak very well and doesnt look very intelligent (to me, at least). TCJ at least looks and speaks better, but seems like his CEP not very high leh... still "acting" minister right?

Shiny head a bit old liao right? and given what old man said, minority race difficult to make PM...

Valid points here and have depth.. Just dun understand why CCS valued so highly... he has been receiving coaching for his public speaking i believe, but think he is still quite weak... doesnt speak very well and doesnt look very intelligent (to me, at least). TCJ at least looks and speaks better, but seems like his CEP not very high leh... still "acting" minister right?

Shiny head a bit old liao right? and given what old man said, minority race difficult to make PM...

oh no, CCS is very intelligent. unfortunately he can only make an impact on the people he has actually spoken to (like myself). for most of the singaporeans who would not have had a chance to speak to him in person, or hear him in a closed door setting, their impression of him can only be limited to his bad english and his "kee chiu" video. this is not a fair assessment of him.

i believe if you ask people who have actually interacted with him, and people who have only heard him on TV, you'll get very different responses haha.

Brigadier-General (BG) Perry Lim Cheng Yeow will take over from Major-General (MG) Ravinder Singh as Chief of Army on 21 March 2014.
Brigadier-General Perry Lim Cheng Yeow (left) will take over from Major-General (MG) Ravinder Singh s/o Harchand Singh (right) as Chief of Army on 21 March 2014. (Photo: MINDEF)

SINGAPORE: Brigadier-General (BG) Perry Lim Cheng Yeow will take over from Major-General (MG) Ravinder Singh as Chief of Army on 21 March 2014.

The Ministry of Defence said the change is part of its continuing process of leadership renewal in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF).

BG Lim, currently Chief of Staff - General Staff, joined the SAF in 1990 and was awarded the SAF (Overseas) and President's Scholarship in 1991.

During his military career, he has commanded the 1st Battalion, Singapore Guards, as well as the army's 3rd Division.

He was also the chairman of last year's National Day Parade executive committee.

The 41-year-old holds a Bachelor of Arts (Starred First) (Mechanical Engineering) from the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.

BG Lim was also awarded the Lee Kuan Yew Postgraduate Scholarship in 2008 to pursue a Master of Business Administration in INSEAD, Singapore.

as d saying goes: on paper we'll win d war... in practice... good luck lol

Edited by Duckduck
↡ Advertisement