Formula 1 2014

Vega

the first half of the season, merc powered cars will have major advantage. the performance and reliability seems to be better than the prancing horse cars for now. the renault powered cars seems erm no reliability and no power ;p

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

with all the new changes, I think this season will favor those with smooth driving pattern (eg Jenson).

drivers just can't go out right racing mode as they need to conserve fuel and tires....... which also spoil the fun of watching F1.

I still remember last season, Lewis said over the radio "I can't drive any slower".

And thru out these few testing, can see quite afew cars are on fire and they are still not push to the max yet. I think cooling needs to be improved.

we can expect to see some race leaders will lead all the way till the last few laps and the car will just catch fire. [bounce1]

Turbocharged

with all the new changes, I think this season will favor those with smooth driving pattern (eg Jenson).

drivers just can't go out right racing mode as they need to conserve fuel and tires....... which also spoil the fun of watching F1.

I still remember last season, Lewis said over the radio "I can't drive any slower".

And thru out these few testing, can see quite afew cars are on fire and they are still not push to the max yet. I think cooling needs to be improved.

we can expect to see some race leaders will lead all the way till the last few laps and the car will just catch fire. [bounce1]

Something to do with the inherent overheating issues with turbo-engines? [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Something to do with the inherent overheating issues with turbo-engines? [sweatdrop]

should be. they trying to harvest all these heat from the turbo to the new KERS sys to give it additional 160 bhp for 33 sec. that must be a lot of heat generating from the turbo.

Turbocharged

should be. they trying to harvest all these heat from the turbo to the new KERS sys to give it additional 160 bhp for 33 sec. that must be a lot of heat generating from the turbo.

During the previous turbo era, the heat generatd must be less than that by modern systems, driver's skill in driving fast yet keeping temp from sky rocketing will be vital today.

Turbocharged

During the previous turbo era, the heat generatd must be less than that by modern systems, driver's skill in driving fast yet keeping temp from sky rocketing will be vital today.

that era is very different. they actually can have 2 different cars (1 purely for qualifying a.k.a max power, max grip and 1 for the race a.k.a reliable and long lasting) for a race.

but due to cost cutting in F1, now teams got to manage how they going to race with the limited engines (only 5) and fuel (only 100kg).

strategy will play a big part.

Last but not least, 4 times world champ, Vettel couldn't finished even a lap in the latest testing due to technical issues.

saw the news reporting f1 practice in australia

the f1 engine sound really cannot make it ... pui!

Edited by Wt_know

watched the practice session just now....it's very quiet.....but i like the turbo sound when it goes u up close....

but i like it when the drivers exiting the corners when they start to accelerate and the turbo start kicking it...

it will be interesting next year when Honda will be back to Mclaren.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Bad day for both Lotus drivers for FP3.....

can see the brake by wire could be a nightmare for the drivers.

one thing I like is the drivers are already driving their cars now. [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

Ric outrun his teammate Vet which didn't qualify for Q3!! Vet will start P13.

Kimi crash out of Q2.

Turbocharged

Great day for the Merc and Ric.

Ham -P1

Ric - P2

Ros - P3

Mag - P4

Alo - P5

Turbocharged

Great day for the Merc and Ric.

Ham -P1

Ric - P2