Choosing a new coat of paint

Kurty

wanna seek some advice in choosing a new coat of paint,

Currently is on blue but slightly toward purple; previous owner

I'm not a white person as i don't like to polish the car..

Black, i tried but realized i'm a lazy bugger who will only send the car for a wash every few months.. so it look terrible

Matt colors, tried and it suit me well. The only complain is that it wears and tear easily.. especially at the front bumper area where prone to stones/sands..

I read that silver cars are the best, keeping it classy, less heat and best of all, despite few months of dirt, it still look great.

Red is sexy, fits the sedan but not many cars can carry Red well.. somehow, it make me fury too.

I'm looking at frozen colors, in case, its not available

any other colors that i could look into? please share. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Just get silver, since you don't really bother about washing your car or maintaining the exterior of the car, I don't think you would be picky about the colour.

Thank you, Co's I intend to use it as a wedding car too.

I realized nowadays, Kia got those gun metal color, is it easy to maintain?

Might as well go for a wrap. Much cheaper option.

Not true.. wrap are not cheap, around $2k for my size..

Paint work is only $1.5k-$2k.

Not true.. wrap are not cheap, around $2k for my size..

Paint work is only $1.5k-$2k.

Hmm... Then gun metal grey paint. Metallic sliver may seem to look too common for your car. (still boils down to your liking)

For Matt, guess you'll have to use some sort of paint protection on the bumper.

Hmm... Then gun metal grey paint. Metallic sliver may seem to look too common for your car. (still boils down to your liking)

For Matt, guess you'll have to use some sort of paint protection on the bumper.

got paint protection for matt surface?

I was also thinking of spraying my Wife's car to another color … If change color, than engine bay all this how ?… Sorry, if I sound inexperienced, but I've never done this before … [nod]

Silver is best for your choice as you said you dun like to wash car. Other colours like red, black are for ppl who are towards sporty and dun mind washing it regularly.

To me, interior is more impt, and need to really maintain properly. Waxing leather, disposing rubbish, neat wiring,etc. because we spend most of our time inside the car, than outside, isn't it?

I think if the car owner cleans the interior of the car, i believe the exterior of the car should be clean as well. Seldom you clean inside but dont wash outside lo.

silver and grey paint colours are best to hide imperfections and dirt. However, there are some downside of wearing such colours. As silver/grey are more neutral colours, they do not appear as shiny as colours such as red, white or black. Some people who prefer darker colours may choose to go with metallic colours.

paint protection for matt surfaces are available, however, as most matt surfaces are not suited for polishing or buffing, light damage or scratches to the paint surface will usually require a respray to be carried out. In the long run, the cost of ownership might be slightly higher.

Supercharged

what does silver goes well with?

i think to do the following:

spray overall in silver.

top, spoiler, bottom and rear - black

for rim, also black with silver.

I was also thinking of spraying my Wife's car to another color … If change color, than engine bay all this how ?… Sorry, if I sound inexperienced, but I've never done this before … [nod]

there are 2 types of paint jobs

1) exterior only

2) interior ( below bonnet, side of doors, etc) and exterior

but 1 thing must note, if you choose a lousy workshop, they may not fit back your items nicely

what does silver goes well with?

i think to do the following:

spray overall in silver.

top, spoiler, bottom and rear - black

for rim, also black with silver.

your cars has always been unique....

if me, i try a bright colour (blue, yellow, orange, red) mixed with pink/luminous/white pearl

and see what turns out

↡ Advertisement