"ji.." sound when brake

Sstar

Neutral Newbie
Driving Nissan latio, replaced original brake pad @ 70k , now is 120k, "ji.." sound was heard when brake, went to work shop, was told the front brake pad still can last at least 6 month, front brake disc and rear brake shoe also normal. as the brake pad was alreday taken out, decideed to replace with original brake pad, but after server days, the sound happened again when brake, not loud, really confused what could be the problem? anyone got similar experience?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

normally you will hear such sound when the brake pad totally wear, but mine is new, original Nissan brake pad...

Clean and clear brake system thoroughly. Could be some stones stuck.

normally you will hear such sound when the brake pad totally wear, but mine is new, original Nissan brake pad...

you may want to check if your rear drum brake pumps are leaking with oil. Could be this problem You check front but also better to check the rear drum brake pumps as well. It will have "ji" sound also if its leaking with oil.

Supercharged

you may want to check if your rear drum brake pumps are leaking with oil. Could be this problem You check front but also better to check the rear drum brake pumps as well. It will have "ji" sound also if its leaking with oil.

Yes, a faulty rear brake pump could be the cause, if confirmed there is nothing wrong with the pads.

If suspect leaking oil, can also check the brake fluid level under the bonnet. If very low, there could be a leak....

Neutral Newbie

Hi all!

I did an emergency brake and this box fell out from the area above the pedals. Not sure if I broke something or it just came loose. No idea what it's for and where it should be...

This is a Toyota Vios (bought 2007).

post-142571-0-15558800-1394091013.jpg

Nothing else seems wrong other than this dangling box.

post-142571-0-59320200-1394091013.jpg

There's this black rubber tube coming out from the box too.

post-142571-0-99633600-1394091013.jpg

post-142571-0-51492400-1394091014.jpg

Do I need to send it for repair? PLEASE HELP :(

Supercharged

Hi all!

I did an emergency brake and this box fell out from the area above the pedals. Not sure if I broke something or it just came loose. No idea what it's for and where it should be...

First of all, are the brakes still working fine?

There's some wordings on the sticker paste on the box. Take a look and see what it says....

Neutral Newbie

First of all, are the brakes still working fine?

There's some wordings on the sticker paste on the box. Take a look and see what it says....

Yes they're working fine! Everything seems to work fine (clutch, accelerator, gear box...).

The sticker just says which wire is for what, e.g. grey wire for hazard light, blue/white wire for handbrake switch...nothing else :/

Car alarm module? They usually stick that near the fuse box.

Yeah, looks like car alarm and the "tube" looks like the antenna wire. A rubber tube will not be crooked like that unless there is a metal wire inside making it an antenna.

Just shove it back up.

Supercharged

Yes they're working fine! Everything seems to work fine (clutch, accelerator, gear box...).

The sticker just says which wire is for what, e.g. grey wire for hazard light, blue/white wire for handbrake switch...nothing else :/

Could it be the fuse box ?

Anyway, test all the lights, horn, power windows etc....if all working fine, then just put it back up (secure it with some tape or cable tie if necessary) and carry on driving lah.... [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Could it be the fuse box ?

Anyway, test all the lights, horn, power windows etc....if all working fine, then just put it back up (secure it with some tape or cable tie if necessary) and carry on driving lah.... [:)]

I tried Googling previously but to no avail...the closest I could find was "main harness" but I also don't know what that is .____.

So I'm still not sure of what the box is :/ but I'll check out those other parts too! Thanks lots :)

I tried Googling previously but to no avail...the closest I could find was "main harness" but I also don't know what that is .____.

So I'm still not sure of what the box is :/ but I'll check out those other parts too! Thanks lots :)

could b fuse box, why dun drive to workshop n check?

Hi all!

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPG

Nothing else seems wrong other than this dangling box.

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

There's this black rubber tube coming out from the box too.

attachicon.gifphoto 3.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto 4.JPG

This the aftermarket car alarm module. Just get it secured back by cable tying or double sided tapes. Nothing to worry about.

↡ Advertisement