Home Entertainment speakers

ins1dious

Have u heard of Jamo s35? I am on that mate with yamaha vx-675. Should give a listen...

They look interesting chief. But it seems its more of a HT speaker than something that you can use for pure stereo also.

I think a weekend trip to Adelphi to sample the wares is in order.

↡ Advertisement

I would recommend that you look at Monitor Audio instead of Wharfies. The bronze series should be within your range? I find that MA is well suited for HT.

Personally I prefer Dynaudio and their new Excite range are 8ohms throughout, so should be driveable by a regular AVR, but pricing may be a little steep.

If budget no object then Dyns are the best speakers money can buy.

When the Dynaudio engineers heard the 52s they felt that they over engineered the product

for its price and they are the best speaker engineers in the world. Famous for hexagon wires.

[thumbsup]

once upon a time, i believe in good speakers. afterall, the sound come out from the speakers right?

then i realise environment also very important. if you dont have a sound room, you find that the pair of speakers sound so different from the ones you tested in the showroom.

if you dont blast it, then it got jamed, also problem. I think a pair of good hearphone is a good solution. haha

• Praise 1

Once upon I also believe in good speaker.

But after the music died ( somewhere 1990s), I have nothing to listen to, so the best speaker I can buy is also money wasted.

• Praise 1

Anyone owns a Q Acoustics setup?

Decided to go with SVS Ultra instead. 

For in-ear monitors, can't go wrong with Westone W30.

Edited by Sabian
  • Praise 1

My current setup is a Woo Audio Wa7 paired with the HD800, been looking for a suitable alternate headset (comfortable but accurate) which is warmer (treble is really high on the HD800).

Still building up a short list, any thoughts on what is ideal?

I used to.

U need amp & DAC(digital)

↡ Advertisement