Why are Singaporeans not interested to buy Malaysian cars?

Quantum

Exactly, everybody cheat, so the number is fair as every body cheated.

Exora for example, I remember hor, cross the 200g mark for a 1.6L CPS MPV.

My 2006 made Kia Carens is 196g/km.

So new car, same consumption lor ...... sian...

New Carens Petrol 184g, the Diesel 135g (border line)

If price same, I am better off with Carens lor, or Wish 159g? or Mazda5 158g ?

This one single number give you an overall view of the car efficiency lor ....

An at 200g, not sure if they can still sell in SG next year lor.

bro....when someone cheats u will never know the true numbers....its just how much you want to cheat!
↡ Advertisement

I estimate that I use about 3000L of petrol EVERY Year lor ........ It is a main item, the highest variable cost component ??

Seems you are concerned over petrol cost... which is based on fuel consumption, somewhat different from emission thingy.. low emission does not necessarily equate to low FC..

It is a check box thing lor.  If not, you will see me on ST Home section.  Singapore Man died Reading Detailed Car Spec.

bro....when someone cheats u will never know the true numbers....its just how much you want to cheat!

• Praise 1

Er ...... unless your car requires more than 1 energy source.  Looking at the emission is a sufficient gauge to the car FC lor.

Of course, driving habit, road condition, usage also play important roles lor

The best part, looking at emission as a gauge of FC is better as it localized to your driving habit, road condition, usage.

For example your are currently driving a car with 150g/km emission, your typical FC is 10L/100km.

You want to buy a new car with 100g/km emission.

Your new consumption for the new car can be approx. as 100g/150g  X 10L/100km = 6.67L/100km lor -- Similar Triangle.

Another real examples :

Old Carens Petrol 196g/km and my FC is 8.5km/L

New Carens Diesel 135g/km.

If I buy New Carens Diesel, my new approx. FC is 196g/135g  X 8.5km/L = 12.34 km/L

So 1 full tank of Diesel of 58L is 715km.

As experience as Kia Carens user reported here lor ......

Of course, there are more complex way to calculate, my calculator ONLY have a BIG PLUS button lor ...... bobian.

Seems you are concerned over petrol cost... which is based on fuel consumption, somewhat different from emission thingy.. low emission does not necessarily equate to low FC..

• Praise 1

It is a check box thing lor. If not, you will see me on ST Home section. Singapore Man died Reading Detailed Car Spec.

no lar....just saying dont look to much on this emission test result....most if not all will try to potray their best and who dares to claim the most lies! Also boils down on how we drive....for my car i get 7.6-7.7 litres for 100km....some of the same make an model gets 8.5 or higher! I have no mod or anything whatsoever!

Er ...... unless your car requires more than 1 energy source. Looking at the emission is a sufficient gauge to the car FC lor.

The best part, looking at emission as a gauge of FC is better as it localized to your driving habit, road condition, usage.

For example your are currently driving a car with 150g/km emission, your typical FC is 10L/100km.

You want to buy a new car with 100g/km emission.

Your new consumption for the new car can be approx. as 100g/150g X 10L/100km = 6.67L/100km lor -- Similar Triangle.

Another real examples :

Old Carens Petrol 196g/km and my FC is 8.5km/L

New Carens Diesel 135g/km.

If I buy New Carens Diesel, my new approx. FC is 196g/135g X 8.5km/L = 12.34 km/L

So 1 full tank of Diesel of 58L is 715km.

As experience as Kia Carens user reported here lor ......

Of course, there are more complex way to calculate, my calculator ONLY have a BIG PLUS button lor ...... bobian.

you care for the environment.....but some individuals dont especially if its concern business. They dont care as long as there is profit to be made. So in the end everybody suffers because of this greedy corporations and companies. Best is not to dwell on this emission issue but drive happy and enjoy the ride! Edited by Eviilusion

Er ...... unless your car requires more than 1 energy source.  Looking at the emission is a sufficient gauge to the car FC lor.

No considering the driving habit and road conditions.. but the FC is affected by design of engine, transmission, car body etc.. emission is just a measurement of pollutants emitted by the engine.  U can put a green low polluting engine with an inefficient transmission and heavy car body with high drag.. FC will not be good..

Hmmmmm ........... you still wrong leh.  The emission is gramme per km. 

So ...... how to make the ENGINE move 1km ?

You need a GB right ?? And a car body (weight) too ??  Right ??

So, the emission rating is not just about the engine lor ......

It is the lump sum of everything about the car leh ......

If hor, you have a super green engine and use a low efficiwnt GB ....... it will show up on the emission rating de .....

Think again.

No considering the driving habit and road conditions.. but the FC is affected by design of engine, transmission, car body etc.. emission is just a measurement of pollutants emitted by the engine.  U can put a green low polluting engine with an inefficient transmission and heavy car body with high drag.. FC will not be good..

Er ...... also no laaaa ....... I don't care about the environment de ...... The hard truth is that I need 3000L of petrol to maintain my lifestyle show already.

Just on this topic alone, don't worry bro, we are ALL GOING TO xxxx.

Let come back to the Proton Sala thing, all these years, they have no grabbed the opportunity to improve their product lor.

As their PM also said, if without all the protectionism and subsidies again foreign car maker, they can close shop many time.

Do they sell in EU and US ? Actually in the late 80's ??  They sold some in US leh ??

From Styling to Technologies to Trends, got problem lor.  Unless they recognized these problems, they can only sell to ownself lor.

As I have said, Show me a GOOD Car and I will buy a Proton anytime.

no lar....just saying dont look to much on this emission test result....most if not all will try to potray their best and who dares to claim the most lies! Also boils down on how we drive....for my car i get 7.6-7.7 litres for 100km....some of the same make an model gets 8.5 or higher! I have no mod or anything whatsoever!
you care for the environment.....but some individuals dont especially if its concern business. They dont care as long as there is profit to be made. So in the end everybody suffers because of this greedy corporations and companies. Best is not to dwell on this emission issue but drive happy and enjoy the ride!

OK.  the Lies thing, very problematic.  But hor, for example again, Kia said his Carens is 127g/km.  LTA tested and report 135g/km.

I think, in this case, the variance from 2 independent test is OK lor.

Wish, M5, CG4 and 5008 also have similar variance lor.

And Korean cars last time very lousy one de, now they can fight with Japanese loh .....

Er ...... also no laaaa ....... I don't care about the environment de ...... The hard truth is that I need 3000L of petrol to maintain my lifestyle show already.

Just on this topic alone, don't worry bro, we are ALL GOING TO xxxx.

Let come back to the Proton Sala thing, all these years, they have no grabbed the opportunity to improve their product lor.

As their PM also said, if without all the protectionism and subsidies again foreign car maker, they can close shop many time.

Do they sell in EU and US ? Actually in the late 80's ?? They sold some in US leh ??

From Styling to Technologies to Trends, got problem lor. Unless they recognized these problems, they can only sell to ownself lor.

As I have said, Show me a GOOD Car and I will buy a Proton anytime.

In sg....no car is cheap and proton is not cheap. Their design and technology is like a decade behind the rest of the car manufacturing industries. With the current coe level buying proton is like a no-brainer....no brain! VW with their gear-box issues and their emission scandal is still considered popular. Mitsubishi also admitted that they had falsified data in their emission test for the past 25 years. Toyota with a host of safety recalls around the world is still considered highly by buyers and dont forget about KIAs SUA problems. People still buy them eventhough they cheat, had safety issues but still people buy because of the brand....we are brand whores...

Hmmmmm ........... you still wrong leh.  The emission is gramme per km. 

So ...... how to make the ENGINE move 1km ?

You need a GB right ?? And a car body (weight) too ??  Right ??

So, the emission rating is not just about the engine lor ......

It is the lump sum of everything about the car leh ......

If hor, you have a super green engine and use a low efficiwnt GB ....... it will show up on the emission rating de .....

Think again.

The emission measured in gramme per km is correct cos it reflects how green the car it.. but that is not the fuel consumption lor.. it is only linearly linked if all engines are of the same efficiency and greenness.. 

Browse thru the lta figures lor.. there are cars with lower FC but higher emissions..

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=FuelCostCalculator

gen2 aircon outlet vent filter is infront of the front passengers' sit under the panel! How come the sun can reach that area! Thats one of the few places in a car where the sun dont shine.

The part highlighted in yellow, haha, maybe my 'England' not too good, can't explain well.

It was tilted downwards, so the top black plastic part is exposed.

post-37098-0-17351600-1475041649_thumb.jpg

The part highlighted in yellow, haha, maybe my 'England' not too good, can't explain well.

It was tilted downwards, so the top black plastic part is exposed.

aircon vent......thats plastic.....for plastic to melt at low temp (50-70°) is cialat! My fuse and relay box had to be changed as one of the relays got burnt melting the plastic surrounding the radiator's fan relay. Cost me SG 250 to change the box in jb. Edited by Eviilusion

Er ....... got examples ?  I hope you are not comparing apple with orange hor ??

The emission measured in gramme per km is correct cos it reflects how green the car it.. but that is not the fuel consumption lor.. it is only linearly linked if all engines are of the same efficiency and greenness.. 

Browse thru the lta figures lor.. there are cars with lower FC but higher emissions..

aircon vent......thats plastic.....for plastic to melt at low temp (50-70°) is cialat! My fuse and relay box had to be changed as one of the relays got burnt melting the plastic surrounding the radiator's fan relay. Cost me SG 250 to change the box in jb.

Yup, he was dejected to see a 3month old car "melting away". Parked under sun, sometimes not the rays but the heat that is trapped inside the car that probably caused the melt down.

• Praise 1

Yup, he was dejected to see a 3month old car "melting away". Parked under sun, sometimes not the rays but the heat that is trapped inside the car that probably caused the melt down.

come to think of it plastic dont melt at those temperature. Maybe the cars windscreen acted like a magnifying glass and concentrated the sun rays on the vent causing it to melt. There was a programme on BBC knowledge about a convex glasd building that concentrated the sun rays into the street below. Cars parked at the street had their dashboard turned chowtar. The restaurant that was where the concentrated rays had their tiling peeling off and they could even fry an egg on the street below. Talk about engineering...

OK. let compare apple with orange.

Apple Axia1.0 1L Vs Orange CX-3 2L

Car 1 - Apple

Petrol CO2 Urban 168.00 (g/km)   Extra Urban 116.00 (g/km)   Combined 135.00 (g/km) Fuel Economy Urban 7.10 (L/100km)   Extra Urban 4.90 (L/100km)   Combined 5.70 (L/100km)

Car 2 Mazda CX-3 2L

Petrol CO2 Urban 181.00 (g/km)   Extra Urban 126.00 (g/km)   Combined 146.00 (g/km) Fuel Economy Urban 7.70 (L/100km)   Extra Urban 5.20 (L/100km)   Combined 6.10 (L/100km)

Have you notice emission is roughly same and FC also rough same.

The worst part, Jap car produce more than twice the power 115kW to Axia 49kW.

See the relationship of emission to FC ?

See the problem with MAL car ?

Since this thread is about Malaysian cars, I think it is appropriate to share some photos of the proton limousines.

Even as a luxurious car, the limousine doesn't seem quite right.

post-17532-0-51449800-1475045839.jpgpost-17532-0-67824400-1475045849.jpg

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement