Why are Singaporeans not interested to buy Malaysian cars?

Quantum

Supercharged

Perhaps Proton Showroom thought their car not roadworthy for pre-sales test-drive? [lipsrsealed]

Well, if you are still keen, you can go to JB to test drive. Just walk into any one of the Proton showrooms and ask for a test drive (ps: but don't tell them you are NOT a Malaysian lah).

Larkin and Plentong have such a showroom.

You all anyhow think of Proton negatively... The dealer in Singapore owns the dealerships of other brands also.. I think it's more of they scared people would buy Proton rather than their other brands lor, then they earn less... I was driving a Bimmer and now I'm proudly driving a Persona... I've test driven the Preve & Suprima, too, in JB... Really got attracted due to the way the cars handle and ride, due to being able to test the cars there... The ride and handling, even Korean & Jap cars hard to win... But of course, they still have to work on the interior fittings.... Ownership-wise easy to get spareparts, cheap to service also...

• Praise 2

I also find it riduculous that no test drive allowed!

Unless we talking about luxury/powerful cars eg Lambo, Ferrari etc, this shouldn't be the case. Some ADs will let you test drive the staff car so that could be a way round this but to totally not allowed a test drive is a no-go IMO!

• Praise 3

Well, if you are still keen, you can go to JB to test drive. Just walk into any one of the Proton showrooms and ask for a test drive (ps: but don't tell them you are NOT a Malaysian lah).

Larkin and Plentong have such a showroom.

When are you bringing me to test drive in JB? after TD, can also makan cheap n good food!!

Supercharged

When are you bringing me to test drive in JB? after TD, can also makan cheap n good food!!

U interested in Proton meh?

Supercharged

Test drives will always warm up stomach for makan mah!!

Then if I go test drives other MIM cars like Perodua or Naza, your stomach will so hungry that you can eat a bear !!! [laugh]

Showroom man said their policy not to allow pre-sales test drive.

kinda defeats the purpose of test driving, ain't it?

what an oxy-moronic policy~! [laugh]

Then if I go test drives other MIM cars like Perodua or Naza, your stomach will so hungry that you can eat a bear !!! [laugh]

Eh, I where got so greedy!!?

Happy even if you just buy me nasi lemak!!

Why should S'poreans be interested in MIM cars?

Here the buyers want Made In Germany & MIJ cars. MIM do not stand a chance here in such a small market. Anyway the Sgp market won't affect the car makers much.

Edited by Watwheels

Please stay away for proton if you value life and safety. Nothing agains MIM cars, face, or any sorts. Seen them in many crashes and the way they fall apart....

Please stay away for proton if you value life and safety. Nothing agains MIM cars, face, or any sorts. Seen them in many crashes and the way they fall apart....

Haha...

I only agree with you a little bit lah. But I have to say it's difficult to change the perspectives of many car buyers here.

I have read that latest models of Proton cars have scored well in Australia's crash tests. If you look at recent car accident of a Honda Stream crashed on the NS highway, killing a 13yo girl as a result you will know that it's not only the car that can fall apart, the driver also plays a big factor when it comes to safety.

For me the appeal of the car is very important but it's just that their cars do not appeal to me, that's all. LoL...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3