Would You Send Your Car To JB For Servicing and Repairing?

Yeobt

so far no recommendations by any bros here?

i've got a phobia of JB workshops as generally,once they see SG plate, the pricelist will auto change. and the irritating part is I have to stand around the whole time as anything can happen to your car while them not taking any responsibility..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

If angmoh go there also never kenna carrot, confirm it's a reliable workshop.

Can share contact please? Thanks.

later I look for recipe to give name n address

i do serviving in jb leh hawk tyres...just beside the shell petrol station..a little bit after plangi...the place where they sell the ah piao or 159 abalone noodles there. there not bad..

It all depend on what you are replacing in workshop in JB.

If you compare a Top Overhaul in Singapore Around $1500 vs JB RM1500

I myself had been sending my car for repair and servicing in JB workshop since my first car until now 4th.

So far so good, and i only switch between 2 workshop.

1 near to Custom and 1 in Setia Indah.

Recently i purchase some part in singapore and had it replace in JB workshop.

Pay labour for Change of 3 Unit Engine Mounting, Change EO and Filter, Change GearBox Oil, Change Front Rotor & Brake Pad, Change extractor gasket seal. ( Part i purchase myself )

Labour RM180.

SG Workshop - Just Change the Engine Mounting already cost $150nett.

So if you are going to workshop in JB, make sure you know them well or bring by your friend whom had been there many time.

Supercharged

I myself had been sending my car for repair and servicing in JB workshop since my first car until now 4th.

So far so good, and i only switch between 2 workshop.

1 near to Custom and 1 in Setia Indah.

How did you get to know these 2 workshops in the first place ? Someone introduce ?

How did you get to know these 2 workshops in the first place ? Someone introduce ?

Yes, Both was introduce by my friends. Whom is a malaysian working in sg.

Edited by Shawnong81

Hi

Do mind to share the address?

Mind me going down over the weekend.

Thanks

Hi Blueg9

Shop Name is Chye Huat Tyre Service Centre

No 39, Jalan Setia 12/2, Taman Setia Indah,

81100 Johor Bahru , Johor

Look for Ah Tat

Just Mention intro by Black Airwave - 8744

Please Note: i am not in any related with this workshop, and i only share the contact when people request. Thank you

Supercharged

Hi Blueg9

Look for Ah Tat

Just Mention intro by Black Airwave - 8744

Please Note: i am not in any related with this workshop, and i only share the contact when people request. Thank you

sounds good.

just another quick question though.

what time you usually go ah?

if can avoid the jam at the custom is best. just curious.

sounds good.

just another quick question though.

what time you usually go ah?

if can avoid the jam at the custom is best. just curious.

I usually reach the workshop around 10am.

This workshop is not easy to find unless you know the place well.

It after mount Austin area

Supercharged

Look for Ah Tat

Is it a corner shop?....think the shop wall is orange colour with Continnent tyre logo or something...

Supercharged

Yes, you are right.

You been there before?

No lah... [laugh]

Cos I often pass by that row of shophouses on my way to/from Taman Setia Indah to/from Jusco Tebrau or makan at those eateries along Taman Mount Austin. The orange colour tyre shop is very prominent along that stretch of road....

The aircon gas top-up is RM60.

* do take note that the mechanic advised that the reason for top-up is because there is some leaks in the aircon. So they would not be able to say how long this top-up can last.

* the top-up was done on 18Feb2014, and so far the aircon is ok. Hope it can last for another 10-11 months.

Background info :

Recently my car aircon was suddenly not cooling after a long drive. I remembered the same problem was resolved after top-up aircon gas in Mar2013. At that time, a mechanic had advised that the evaporator coil may be leaking, and need to remove the dashboard to replace the evaporator coil. Estimated costs S$800~S$900. He offered to top-up gas and monitor.

Since the top-up gas can last from Mar2013 to Feb2014, the leaks may not be very critical. I am prepared to top-up gas instead of major repair [remove dashboard [bigcry] ].

* Amazon USA is selling those DIY aircon recharge kits, but these are prohibited from air transportation. Otherwise, can DIY top-up aircon gas.

My car aircon is not cooling again on 21/3/2014, about a month since the gas top-up at Hawk Tayar.

Decided to go to Mark Cool [Ah Huat] for another top-up. Gas + oil = S$30. About 15 mins job. I was impressed that he use an aircon charging unit attached via 2 aircon hoses to the car. There was a vacuuming stage, which when completed triggered an alarm, so that Ah Huat can come over [working on another car] to press some control button to charge in the gas/oil. Again, let hope the gas top-up can last longer.

Supercharged

My car aircon is not cooling again on 21/3/2014, about a month since the gas top-up at Hawk Tayar.

Decided to go to Mark Cool [Ah Huat] for another top-up. Gas + oil = S$30. About 15 mins job. I was impressed that he use an aircon charging unit attached via 2 aircon hoses to the car. There was a vacuuming stage, which when completed triggered an alarm, so that Ah Huat can come over [working on another car] to press some control button to charge in the gas/oil. Again, let hope the gas top-up can last longer.

If your cooling coil is spoil, then the gas (top-up at Markcool) would last even shorter than the previous top-up (at Hawk Tayar).

↡ Advertisement