Would You Send Your Car To JB For Servicing and Repairing?

Yeobt

Supercharged

All my last 3 cars r service at jb workshop. Ard 5 yrs already.

You changed 3 cars within a period of 5 years ?!?! :huh:

↡ Advertisement

Guys ! I found a spare part shop which more reasonable and good to share with all of you to same the money here.

Sometimes we must take a bit times to do survey and resources research., for instance of my case, radiator replacement in workshop and or service centre will be loss thousand over SGD dollars. However if i go in JB purchase the parts for them to replace (Just Pay for labour) will be a great saving.

Malaysia Toyota Centre Authorized Workshop Terbau City quoted me as - Original new radiator parts (RM 936.40) + Coolen (RM 52 x 3 = $156), Labour cost RM 120 +++.

But when i go to purchase direct will be at - Original new radiator parts (RM 650.00) + Coolen (RM 20 x 3 = RM 60), Labour cost (i bring in singapore to do)..

See the cost saving :),.. if your wish to know more from me will share with u..

Guys ! I found a spare part shop which more reasonable and good to share with all of you to same the money here.

Sometimes we must take a bit times to do survey and resources research., for instance of my case, radiator replacement in workshop and or service centre will be loss thousand over SGD dollars. However if i go in JB purchase the parts for them to replace (Just Pay for labour) will be a great saving.

Malaysia Toyota Centre Authorized Workshop Terbau City quoted me as - Original new radiator parts (RM 936.40) + Coolen (RM 52 x 3 = $156), Labour cost RM 120 +++.

But when i go to purchase direct will be at - Original new radiator parts (RM 650.00) + Coolen (RM 20 x 3 = RM 60), Labour cost (i bring in singapore to do)..

Just b very careful about buying anything especially car parts in Msia cos there got a lot of imitation n low quality parts.

I dun trust so I only wil buy my car parts (OEM or Original) in SG n bring to JB ws to fix n I just pay them labour only.

Supercharged

But don't forget you do your repairs in Authorized workshop, they guarantee the parts as well. So you need not worry its the wrong part, or a defective part. If later anything happen, you can go back to the workshop and they will retify!

That is, possibility, the reason why the price is higher, if you let the Authorized workshop do everything.

Haiz ! No Choice, this is call "Business Strategy" to con consumer money.

1st - The Parts was original from Toyota,

2nd - The parts also have warranty from the shop,

3rd - They are direct dealer of Toyota Service Centre which i saw order from them too.

4th - I do trading service line too, it was all cause by human mentality. "EXPENSIVE THINGS ARE ALWAYS GOOD AT ALL"

No comments to you guys ! Bye Bye...

• Dislike 1

Bros Fcw75 & TVT,

You are both right, and I fully agree.

If the Markcool top-up is able to last 1yr, then I am happy.

If not, somehow the leaks had worsen lately, and the aircon is not cooling in the few days/weeks, then the last resort is to repair the leaks. Can only hope for the best outcome. I am mentally prepared as previously gone through all the available options.

The aircon was not cold again few days ago, which is less than a week after the Markcool top-up.

* in fairness, I like to state that this is not a failure of Ah Huat expertise, as my request was "top-up gas" after the previous year top-up.

* I intentionally did not disclose the Hawk Tayar top up.

Tried to arrange an appointment for Ah Huat to check out the aircon, but he is on leave for 1 week. As I am due to drive up to Genting on 14/4/2014, I have to seek out alternative workshops. After browsing MCF and carefully considering each and every comments of the various workshop, I decided to call up Tomika [bt Merah]. Was referred to Ah Soon [supervisor] and advised to go down for a check-up, before he can see what repairs can be done.

It appear that the operations is carried out differently from Markcool, where Ah Huat is the recommended guy [over worked] to work on the car, and the rest of his colleagues are resting [less jobs ??].

At Tomika [bt Merah], Ah Soon assigned 1 mechanic to check-up my car. In my mind, jialat liao, the supervisor is not working directly on my car.

The mechanic opened up the bonnet, and was shortly able to narrow the fault to a leaking aircon discharge hose, which was partially blocked by the air intake tube. There was oil stains on the hose surface, which I confirmed with my finger. A middle-aged man [Ah Soon later said he is the boss] came along to discuss with the mechanic, and advised me that the aircon discharge hose is leaking, repair charge S$120+7%GST, about 2 hrs to complete. Ah Soon also joined in. I mentioned that other workshop mentioned evaporator coil leaking. Ah Soon advised to repair the leaking aircon discharge hose first, since this is the most obvious fault. The evaporator coil can be attended if there are still leaks after the discharge hose repair. Ah Soon explained they would not rely just on other workshop words and we end up paying more for "extra repairs".

Okay, proceed, completed in about 1-1/2 hr.

Payment with NETS is very convenient for me, as I don't carry too much cash with me. Above S$250, payments can be made with credit card.

I hang around to observe the repair works on my car, as well as the several mechanics working on other vehicles. Some cars have the dashboard opened up. Everything are very organized and systematic. The boss and supervisor oversee and confirm the mechanics work. "My mechanic" appear to be quite well trained, getting down dismantle the front grille without much difficulties. They used a water nozzle to spray water inside the engine bay to cool the hot surfaces quickly, before starting work.

Overall, I am happy with the outcome, and service of Tomika [bt Merah].

* if Ah Huat is available to carry out the repairs, I believe he would be able to provide the same outcome and service, if not better.

* it is a pity, I was not able to try out the legendary Ah Huat.

Aircon is cold again. I will monitor again, just in case the evaporator coil is the main fault.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Any reliable workshops in johor at PELANGI area for Toyota altis? I got my own parts and engine oil, just need someone reliable to execute the maintenances works with affordable labour charges.

And I'm also trying to get a New set of front n back License plates for my Altis, any lobang?

Thks.

Neutral Newbie

So any recommendations of good ws u guys had tried in JB?

And anyone like to share the labour costs of servicing in JB? If we roughly know the labour costs beforehand, less likely to get conned then. Examples, labour charges to change eo, tyre balancing, wheel alignment, replace shock absorber, replace brakes, flush or replace ATF etc...

Appreciate the sharing from any bros, thanks!

Heard of the lower labour charges, but all 4 are my concerns so have not venture to JB yet. Any reliable ws to recommend?

And anyone like to share the labour costs of servicing in JB? If we roughly know the labour costs beforehand, less likely to get conned then. Examples, labour charges to change eo, tyre balancing, wheel alignment, replace shock absorber, replace brakes, flush or replace ATF etc...

Heard of the lower labour charges, but all 4 are my concerns so have not venture to JB yet. Any reliable ws to recommend?

Let me share on the labour cost;

change eo, oil filter, spark plug - ard 20-25RM

tyre balancing,5rm per tyre

wheel alignment - ard 30rm

replace shock absorber - depend on car 4 shock ard rm100-120

recently change 2 rear shock  - rm40

replace brakes pad - 20-30rm

replace ATF - 10rm

all this is for labour only, all part I bring myself...

hope this help.... good luck

Bro u can try to go to my friend's workshop in Bukit Indah JB. Shop name is RFA racing. He's a nice and honest fella. Previously I sent my Latio to his shop regularly for servicing. PM me if u wan his contact and address.

Neutral Newbie

change eo, oil filter, spark plug - ard 20-25RM

recently change 2 rear shock - rm40

replace ATF - 10rm

Sure it helps, thanks.

Bro u can try to go to my friend's workshop in Bukit Indah JB. Shop name is RFA racing. He's a nice and honest fella. Previously I sent my Latio to his shop regularly for servicing. PM me if u wan his contact and address.

Hello,

I actually book an appointment with RFA racing to have a look on my TC engine.

leaking and no power.

cannot go above 120km..

is he really good? Sorry, I had my enough share of bad workshop plus my wife will nag again if I go to workshop to repair car..

replace ATF - 10rm

where is this place? mind to share?

Can PM me the address of this WS?

replace ATF - 10rm

Hello,

I actually book an appointment with RFA racing to have a look on my TC engine.

leaking and no power.

cannot go above 120km..

is he really good? Sorry, I had my enough share of bad workshop plus my wife will nag again if I go to workshop to repair car..

No problem.

Yeah, his workshop is good in repairing those performance TC car. Now most of his customers are from Singapore. The boss is a nice and honest fella. Customer won't get carrot chop.

Wah ur car sounds very sick. What's ur car model and how old?

No problem.

Yeah, his workshop is good in repairing those performance TC car. Now most of his customers are from Singapore. The boss is a nice and honest fella. Customer won't get carrot chop.

Wah ur car sounds very sick. What's ur car model and how old?

Its an old e3 heart, 4g63t. 19 years old

Nothing performance as I restore it back to stock. Not that I don't like performance but just too costly to maintain and I also kinda scare when too high speed.

Great, that's very comforting to hear. Hopefully he can resolved this issue which has been dragging for the past 3 years..

Now to convince my wife to go in again.. on this sat.

↡ Advertisement