• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
139 replies to this topic | 105 praises

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Cumzilla
  • Premium member
    Cumzilla
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Those standing beside their car holding the speed gun, do they record and send letters later or their main function is to check from speed gun, those exceed will then give chase and issue summon on the spot? I know those caught by overhead bridge ones will be issued letters, so what about those by the roadside?

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Caravan
  • Caravan
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Waiting and chasing seems like such a waste of effort. Better to wait and film, can catch more that way.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Those standing beside their car holding the speed gun, do they record and send letters later or their main function is to check from speed gun, those exceed will then give chase and issue summon on the spot? I know those caught by overhead bridge ones will be issued letters, so what about those by the roadside?

Now don't bother to chase,just send "Love Letter" to you...almost all summon the same from illegal parking to blah..blah offences.

2BDriver and Ahgong praised this

Fairlady.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

send letter can hoot more la..

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It pays to speed...or speed to pay...whatever.
2BDriver and Holdenutessv praised this

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

Ah_cow
  • Ah_cow
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i kena gunned le then chased me, asked me stop le got my particulars, ask me wait for court summon, was speeding more than 40km/h then. to be exact, 41km/h... 

And Ferguson is clearly not convinced Rooney is making the right decision.
"Sometimes you look in a field and see a cow," he said.
"You think it is a better cow than the one you see in your field. It never really works out that way.
21/10/10

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:11 AM

Cumzilla
  • Premium member
    Cumzilla
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i kena gunned le then chased me, asked me stop le got my particulars, ask me wait for court summon, was speeding more than 40km/h then. to be exact, 41km/h... 

means extreme cases will give chase, those exceed 10-20km/hr send letters

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

Remierwan
  • Premium member
    Remierwan
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Recently, I got pulled over at Bartley flyover going in tampines. They waited at the bend on top. I have been driving at 70-90 daily depending on mood and traffic. Its a 70km/h zone.

It was a Sunday with wife and 2 children at the back. Saw then aim at the fast lane, then suddenly the 2 cops looked at each other (I can see their reactions clearly), nodded and then quickly went into their Volvo and turn on blinkers.

I was ahead and I expected them to come pull me off the road. I shifted to left lane and slowed down. They drive beside me and signal to pull over.

The officer said I was driving at 96km/h. That's 6 points with $150 fine. 4 more km I get 10 points.

He give me a chance to explain any reason for going fast. Can't think of any good reason. Have to accept it and just let 'G' profit from it.
-Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?-

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Recently, I got pulled over at Bartley flyover going in tampines. They waited at the bend on top. I have been driving at 70-90 daily depending on mood and traffic. Its a 70km/h zone.

It was a Sunday with wife and 2 children at the back. Saw then aim at the fast lane, then suddenly the 2 cops looked at each other (I can see their reactions clearly), nodded and then quickly went into their Volvo and turn on blinkers.

I was ahead and I expected them to come pull me off the road. I shifted to left lane and slowed down. They drive beside me and signal to pull over.

The officer said I was driving at 96km/h. That's 6 points with $150 fine. 4 more km I get 10 points.

He give me a chance to explain any reason for going fast. Can't think of any good reason. Have to accept it and just let 'G' profit from it.

Yep, that spot I see them regularly. Last month was doing 80 on the viaduct and saw them at the bend with camera pointed at me. No chase but I thought sure letter. Nothing yet. Maybe they had bigger fish to fry.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

pls dont speed on flyovers, especially bartley and upper serangoon

respect the speed limit, or the tp wont respect u...its almost a 2-3 day affair, sometimes daily

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

pls dont speed on flyovers, especially bartley and upper serangoon

respect the speed limit, or the tp wont respect u...its almost a 2-3 day affair, sometimes daily

+1 for sure.

(though in my defence, when my speedo says 80, the road speed is actually only 76km/h. Still I keep to limits there nowadays)

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

Wishxsr
  • Premium member
    Wishxsr
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Just kena 1 speeding summon from AMK ave 5 towards Buangkok Link. knn 6 point + $150. Just take note T.P very on at this area, hiding at the overhead bridge somewhere near Seagate, morning 7.30 to 9 Plus and afternoon 4 plus to 7 plus.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

they hide at the bridge not near seagate, is the one further down nearer the cte, after that bus stop, near the bridge, there is a space to park their car, and its camoflage, if u heading toward buangkok /sengkang side, u first see the sniper on bridge at corner and hiding, then u realise the hidden tp car

seagate bridge..occassionally...cos there no space park their car and less vegetation to camo

+1 for sure.

(though in my defence, when my speedo says 80, the road speed is actually only 76km/h. Still I keep to limits there nowadays)

flyover 75-80 still close eye, cos of tyre sizing and some possible error, 10km/h still close eye

upper serangoon sometime is sniper on bridge and one bike below, sometime two bike below, sometime the blue checkered cap tp folks

Edited by Furrynadz, 03 March 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Haven't you receive the SMS in early Feb LTA has contracted traffic wardens $40,000 a year to take down motorist car plate veh no. that intrude into bus lane at peak hours.

They also intensified their operation at the following areas;

Eunos link, Hougang Ave 3, Jurong Town hall Rd, Lor Chuan, Orchard Rd, Upp Serangoon Rd, Upp Thomson Rd, Yishun Ave 2... more to be set up later

Additional spots where speed camera tripod-traps were seen

PIE toward airport-90km/h

PIE toward Jurong at Adam Rd flyerover-90km/h

Braddel Rd after Bishan towards CTE-60km/h

Queensway towards BMerah b4 Ridout McDonalds-60km/h

Upp BTimah Towards Woodlands rd after curve turn- 60km/h

Fined imposed of $150 and 6-10 demerit points,

Drive safe !

Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Also the viaduct running from West Coast Highway over Telok Blangah, please don't speed there. TP will be waiting in ambush in the waiting bays situated along the viaduct.

Also sometimes TP on overhead bridge after you come down the viaduct heading to Keppel/AYE.

A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Haven't you receive the SMS in early Feb LTA has contracted traffic wardens $40,000 a year to take down motorist car plate veh no. that intrude into bus lane at peak hours.

They also intensified their operation at the following areas;

Eunos link, Hougang Ave 3, Jurong Town hall Rd, Lor Chuan, Orchard Rd, Upp Serangoon Rd, Upp Thomson Rd, Yishun Ave 2... more to be set up later

Additional spots where speed camera tripod-traps were seen

PIE toward airport-90km/h

PIE toward Jurong at Adam Rd flyerover-90km/h

Braddel Rd after Bishan towards CTE-60km/h

Queensway towards BMerah b4 Ridout McDonalds-60km/h

Upp BTimah Towards Woodlands rd after curve turn- 60km/h

Fined imposed of $150 and 6-10 demerit points,

Drive safe !

This SMS has been going around since they outsource the bus lane wardens to private companies.

Few weeks back, I was on KPE (SLE) going at 100km/h on a 90km/h zone when i spotted a Volvo on the shoulder with the TP pointing speed gun.

But luckily, the fella didn't go into his car but continue pointing the gun at the cars behind. [sweatdrop]

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Cumzilla
  • Premium member
    Cumzilla
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Also the viaduct running from West Coast Highway over Telok Blangah, please don't speed there. TP will be waiting in ambush in the waiting bays situated along the viaduct.

i kena there, now when i pass there i will really slow to 70km/hr

the reason why flyovers are set at this limit issit cos they scare ppl speed and 'flyover' the bridge ah?

This SMS has been going around since they outsource the bus lane wardens to private companies.

Few weeks back, I was on KPE (SLE) going at 100km/h on a 90km/h zone when i spotted a Volvo on the shoulder with the TP pointing speed gun.

But luckily, the fella didn't go into his car but continue pointing the gun at the cars behind. [sweatdrop]

KPE got 90km/hr zone?

Edited by Cumzilla, 03 March 2014 - 10:45 AM.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

KPE got 90km/hr zone?

Got, nearer TPE side, portion above ground.

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

Cumzilla
  • Premium member
    Cumzilla
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Got, nearer TPE side, portion above ground.

u mean the portion after the exit towards sengkang and before the tampines flyover to TPE?

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

u mean the portion after the exit towards sengkang and before the tampines flyover to TPE?

Ya, the whole KPE only got 1 stretch which is above ground.. That one is 90km/h, no?

Edit: Just realised that is 80km/h zone..  [sweatdrop]

Edited by Shull, 03 March 2014 - 11:05 AM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, roadside, catching and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users