TP on roadside catching speeding offenders

Cumzilla

Recently, I got pulled over at Bartley flyover going in tampines. They waited at the bend on top. I have been driving at 70-90 daily depending on mood and traffic. Its a 70km/h zone.

It was a Sunday with wife and 2 children at the back. Saw then aim at the fast lane, then suddenly the 2 cops looked at each other (I can see their reactions clearly), nodded and then quickly went into their Volvo and turn on blinkers.

I was ahead and I expected them to come pull me off the road. I shifted to left lane and slowed down. They drive beside me and signal to pull over.

The officer said I was driving at 96km/h. That's 6 points with $150 fine. 4 more km I get 10 points.

He give me a chance to explain any reason for going fast. Can't think of any good reason. Have to accept it and just let 'G' profit from it.

Strange guys, it is like they like to give you a second chance, just give some good reasons. Obviously they want waive it but just need you to say something Edited by Xtraz
↡ Advertisement

I saw some of them doing the checks at straight road, as a result some drivers slowed down to much below speed limit. This could cause unnecessary risk to other road users.

Maybe the TP could consider their execution at accident prone areas instead. As this would probably have greater system benefit.

Separately, for caught drunk drivers, actually, it could be more effective for TP to just station outside Clarke quay carpark. The drunk driver will never think of getting into car seat.

Ray Tan.

I had similar experience yesterday 2.30pm at same spot, I'm sure he was aiming at my direction and I'm way over the limit. Next I saw him leaning over into the passenger side and I went pass their vehicle with lots of trucks and cars at lane 2 & 3. Was ready for blinking lights at my rear mirror but nothing happened for the next few kilometers. Fingers crossed...

Today 14/03/14 morning about 8am plus, on West coast highway speed limit (70km/h) towards jalan buroh just before coming down to haw par villa, I saw one tp car and bike. i was traveling like 100km/h when i saw them from far and i faster tap brake and reduce speed slowly to like 80km/h or ++.

I not sure whether i kena anot but when i reached my workplace, i asked my colleague whose fren is working as tp.

my fren said 100% wont kena.

cuz those tp on side of expressway they are holding speed gun. not camera. unless you see 3 tripods like the overhead bridge one is sure kena.

my fren said those expressway tp with speed gun, once they captured ur speed, they must signal to stop you or give chase to take your particulars for issuing summon. if not they need write report to their superiors.

Apparently it seems true cuz i was once traveling on west coast highway and after a bend, i saw a tp. I think the car behind me was traveling quite fast and i saw my rear mirror it kena stopped by tp.

Now i still wondering whether i kena anot. lol

Strange guys, it is like they like to give you a second chance, just give some good reasons. Obviously they want waive it but just need you to say something

TP usually will give chance if they see u not reckless or dangerous. Just apologize and move on.

i kena stopped for using HP before. So i know...

TP usually will give chance if they see u not reckless or dangerous. Just apologize and move on.

i kena stopped for using HP before. So i know...

Wa use HP never kena anything ah? Apologize and move on?

What reason you used man :)

Wa use HP never kena anything ah? Apologize and move on?

What reason you used man :)

just say lor.

maybe coz i was a p plate last time. 1 warning nia

saw them again at the same location today, as i passed by them, about 5-10 secs later, saw them with blinkers on chasing a black car exiting to tampines road, seems like they like to catch speedsters on a Saturday, so beware when u drive on KPE towards the tunnel on saturdays, there is actually a waiting bay just after the exit to buangkok which i tot there wasnt in my earlier post, and the bend there makes it difficult to spot them until it is too late, just stick to the speed limit before u pass by that location, especially on Saturday

Its been near one month. no letter. went to check web, no record. safe...

But last two weeks friday 28/03/14 in the morning 8.32am saw tp car at roadside with a maroon car stopped again.

I think now a days tp seldom chase from behind. so far i only got one friend kena one time before. He was using cell phone till too engrossed and then a tp motor bike came from behind him. Think must be chasing from long distance behind him.

Other than that, most of time on west coast highway, the tp usually is stationary at roadside in front of you.

Thus I developed tips for traveling along west coast:

1) out of 10 concentration, concentrate 7-8 times in front, look back using rear mirror 2-3 times occasionally.

2) Look far towards pocket area if can. Things to look out for, white roof, or the blue red warning lamp head.

3) Observe the car far away directly in front and far front side of you, if that car is traveling quite fast, then should be quite safe for you to increase speed a little.

But if still kena then don't quote me. lol

If you see cars in front collectively jamming their brakes, quite likely TP is right ahead.

If you see cars in front collectively jamming their brakes, quite likely TP is right ahead.

wan to speed still scared tio caught? not sure if wan to luff at these drivers.

And the opposite lane vehicles headlights.

Supercharged

Exactly. [laugh]

ya, saw quite a number in KPE/MCE, going very fast but then when reach speed camera jam brakes, after past the camera increase speed again, then reach the next one jam brakes again, really humji drivers, if want to speed, just speed all the way. So i admire those who sped inside the tunnel, kena flashed liao still continue to speed.. [thumbsup]

Jalan Eunos also got TP at the overhead bridge... And if anyone is at Ubi, remember don't ever use the bus lanes no matter what... LTA holding cameras, sometimes with tripod, often spotted after bus stop...

ya. every morning from airport road to paya lebar direction always got TP check bus lane.

guys pls be careful.

ya. every morning from airport road to paya lebar direction always got TP check bus lane.

guys pls be careful.

Bus lane enforcement all outsourced to Cisco already.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1