Another Comfort Taxi chu stunt

Any bros here know if I write in to TP about a reckless driving act but without video evidence, will they notify the driver about it? I know even with video evidence, most likely they will ignore as well unless super high profile cases brought to their attention by social networks and they lan lan need to investigate.

I just hope that by writing it, though nth much can be done, at least the other party will be given a warning on his recklessness. [:(]

Taxi Driver's report ...........

I was waiting in my car before driving off to work for the day ... suddenly I felt that my car was pushed forward and I heard a loud bang. I got out of my car to investigate and found that a car has knocked into the back of my stationary taxi ......

SH_T, the other car has a video cam .....

• Praise 2

What the. . . .

The cab got reverse launch control issit!!!

Dun understand why he even stepped on any of the pedals. Doors still opened ma... Hit and run le... [speechless]

Internal Moderator

Taxi Driver's report ...........

I was waiting in my car before driving off to work for the day ... suddenly I felt that my car was pushed forward and I heard a loud bang. I got out of my car to investigate and found that a car has knocked into the back of my stationary taxi ......

SH_T, the other car has a video cam .....

Cannot la... Haha.. It's easy to see if the dents/damages on the taxi was caused by him, or by another car ma. [laugh]

Turbocharged

Hmmmm....Maybe he has noted down the plates for reporting?

Seems weird to stop like that for so long if wanna hit and run...

Mind you, I am grasping at straws - as find it incomprehensible that someone would run off after such an accident...

• Praise 1

that's why i always warn my family never hang around behind a car with the reverse lights on, regardless of whether it's stationery, moving slowly, or even if there's a kerb between you and the car. you'll never know if a dumb frak like this is behind the wheel, waiting to kill someone. and if someone was really injured, the usual bull dung of "oh.. he's usually a safe driver", "he felt so remorseful" and all the politically-correct crap will ensue.

my point is, always be alert about your family's and your own safety, because no one else will.

• Praise 10

aiya....the driver only need to pay 1.2k for the whole accident nia...the rest taxi company pay...confirm hit and run...luckily got video....

• Praise 2

(edited)

that's why i always warn my family never hang around behind a car with the reverse lights on, regardless of whether it's stationery, moving slowly, or even if there's a kerb between you and the car. you'll never know if a dumb frak like this is behind the wheel, waiting to kill someone. and if someone was really injured, the usual bull dung of "oh.. he's usually a safe driver", "he felt so remorseful" and all the politically-correct crap will ensue.

my point is, always be alert about your family's and your own safety, because no one else will.

yes.. never ever hang around carparks to chit chat.. you never know which kuku drive will chu stunts like these. and dashboard cams not enough. need to have those motion sensor ones as well.. waste battery nvm, at least protect urself from hit and run drivers... damn sian if you come back to your car and dun even know kena hit by what..

Edited by StreetFight3r

(edited)

yes.. never ever hang around carparks to chit chat.. you never know which kuku drive will chu stunts like these. and dashboard cams not enough. need to have those motion sensor ones as well.. waste battery nvm, at least protect urself from hit and run drivers... damn sian if you come back to your car and dun even know kena hit by what..

i think the probability of this kind of reversing mishaps are higher nowadays due to most cars having auto gearbox. a manual gearbox will most likely have stalled the engine and greatly limited the car's momentum in this incident.

thanks for sharing this video to remind us of the potential dangers in a carpark.

Edited by Jellandross

i think the probability of this kind of reversing mishaps are higher nowadays due to most cars having auto gearbox. a manual gearbox will most likely have stalled the engine and greatly limited the car's momentum in this incident.

ya true. i got a female colleague accidentally put the car into reverse gear while trying to move off before. wah.............my heart was in my mouth, and almost stopped beating. cuz it's those lots where there's another car behind you type... almost.. just almost. [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

I believe most auto gear car will not even start if the gear is in reverse. So he must hve started the engine, wanted to change neutral (cos his door is not even closed) but engaged reverse instead.

Supercharged

ya true. i got a female colleague accidentally put the car into reverse gear while trying to move off before. wah.............my heart was in my mouth, and almost stopped beating. cuz it's those lots where there's another car behind you type... almost.. just almost. [sweatdrop]

But the theory of starting the car is the same regardless of auto or manual, e.g. step on clutch and brake then change to gear 1, after release clutch and step on accelerator.

So the logic applies, step on brakes change to D and step on accelerator. That's why I always always nag my wife dun use one foot on brakes, one foot on accelerator. If you use one foot for brake and accelerator, the likely hood of misadventure will be less.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1