The power of ONE stalled lorry

Simonsoh

Just want to share something i found quite amazing this morning, what one stalled lorry can do. for those who was clueless on why you were stuck around clementi for eternity this morning, this may shed some light.

1) going into AYE from clementi ave 6, side by side with a lorry. after both of us waited for a bus to clear the expressway bus lane, i turn into AYE, lorry nv move and saw it on hazard lights. the time was 715am. i thought to myself... hong kan for the traffic later liao... worst timing worst place to happen...

2) after settling my kid at childcare at bouna vista, i need to head back to tuas. i decide to take commonwealth ave west all the way and turn into PIE at clementi ave 6. the time was 820am.

3) traffic from outside singapore poly was building up. abnormal. it then took me 20min to reach only clementi ave 2. damn tulan liao... i was not in a rush, so turn into clementi ave 2 caltex pump petrol, wash car, vacumn and pump air...

4) clementi ave 2, (oppo caltex) towards commonwealth ave west was crazy... jam all the way back to near ulu-panadan, my eyes could not see the end of the jam. the time was nearing 9am. Have to avoid that side of ave 2 to go back to commonwealth ave west, so did a small detour end up at clementi mrt area. from there to entrance of PIE (near nan hua primary school) another 15min.

5) From what my eyes can see, jurong east towards nan hua pri the traffic was endless, PIE to AYE (oppo clementi camp) was endless also...

All these was more than 2 hours after the lorry stalled. that, my friends, is what one stalled vehicle can do... thousands late, pollution many many...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Just want to share something i found quite amazing this morning, what one stalled lorry can do. for those who was clueless on why you were stuck around clementi for eternity this morning, this may shed some light.

1) going into AYE from clementi ave 6, side by side with a lorry. after both of us waited for a bus to clear the expressway bus lane, i turn into AYE, lorry nv move and saw it on hazard lights. the time was 715am. i thought to myself... hong kan for the traffic later liao... worst timing worst place to happen...

2) after settling my kid at childcare at bouna vista, i need to head back to tuas. i decide to take commonwealth ave west all the way and turn into PIE at clementi ave 6. the time was 820am.

3) traffic from outside singapore poly was building up. abnormal. it then took me 20min to reach only clementi ave 2. damn tulan liao... i was not in a rush, so turn into clementi ave 2 caltex pump petrol, wash car, vacumn and pump air...

4) clementi ave 2, (oppo caltex) towards commonwealth ave west was crazy... jam all the way back to near ulu-panadan, my eyes could not see the end of the jam. the time was nearing 9am. Have to avoid that side of ave 2 to go back to commonwealth ave west, so did a small detour end up at clementi mrt area. from there to entrance of PIE (near nan hua primary school) another 15min.

5) From what my eyes can see, jurong east towards nan hua pri the traffic was endless, PIE to AYE (oppo clementi camp) was endless also...

All these was more than 2 hours after the lorry stalled. that, my friends, is what one stalled vehicle can do... thousands late, pollution many many...

I also kena … I detoured & managed to escape … [laugh]

Buona Vista Childcare? … MindChamps or AGAPE?

Supercharged

I heard a lot of horning this morning and looked out the window, all jammed up.

But for anyone reading this all clear now.

Meaning to say the bus only block 1 lane entrance into the AYE, the other lane still available but not enough to cope with the traffic?

It may not be that particular stalled lorry or it alone that caused the situation you saw later.

i couldnt believe the power of one lorry could have so drastic effect... so i checked traffic news at 9plus... there it was... heavy traffic on AYE at Clementi Ave 6 entrance... radio reported "slip road" to Aye at clementi ave 6... followed by heavy traffic at commonwealth ave west etc etc... unless there was another vehicle stalled after the lorry was cleared, then it should be the lorry loh...

Supercharged

Meaning to say the bus only block 1 lane entrance into the AYE, the other lane still available but not enough to cope with the traffic?

not the bus is that lorry... no lane block already jammed... nowadays even with all lanes running still jam like crazy no?

regular users of the said entrance will tell you even with 2 functioning lanes, it is still not enuf to cope... everyday morning and evening i approaching the place, i very scared.. but bo pian...

dun worry, come April with the ERP at Ave 6 & Ave 2, traffic will be fine [laugh][laugh]

when that comes, the situation at commonwealth ave west will be unimaginable...

Supercharged
(edited)

It took me 20mins just to travel from Clementi Ave 4, heading towards PIE (Tuas) via Clementi Ave 6.

That junction at Clementi Ave 6 was a clusterfiak!

Actually, open one more exit to AYE in between Boon Lay Road and Clementi Ave 6 loh...

Then have a long long merging lane to AYE...

Edited by StefanK

It took me 20mins just to travel from Clementi Ave 4, heading towards PIE (Tuas) via Clementi Ave 6.

That junction at Clementi Ave 6 was a clusterfiak!

Actually, open one more exit to AYE in between Boon Lay Road and Clementi Ave 6 loh...

Then have a long long merging lane to AYE...

why so mah fun build additional exit? already build 2 more ERP settle liao mah...

suddenly, i realise the much touted trio of DBSS trivellis, BTO clementi ridges and condo trilinq all completing these few years one by one... all surrounding the famous clementi ave 6 junction. hope LTA and the urban planners has already planned for these....

why so mah fun build additional exit? already build 2 more ERP settle liao mah...

suddenly, i realise the much touted trio of DBSS trivellis, BTO clementi ridges and condo trilinq all completing these few years one by one... all surrounding the famous clementi ave 6 junction. hope LTA and the urban planners has already planned for these....

Of course not. It's bloody obvious they don't plan anything.

Let the whole place get populated and jammed up, then they will "plan" something to ease the congestion.

SOP.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

with this bunch of current planners? i ain't gonna bet my knickers on it yet. [sly]

Supercharged

Don't build additional exit will be more mah fun bah...

Don't add ERP lah... actually if they can dilute the traffic flow entering AYE via Ave 2 and Ave 6 with an additional exit before those 2, will be good mah... makes sense to me.

I think drivers generally avoid Jurong Town Hall exit cos damn difficult to exit... the irony

Supercharged

this is still acceptable because the lorry stalled and caused delay at your direction..

more amazing is accident opposite, this side jam pack...

↡ Advertisement