HDB COV hits zero for first time in 9 years

Jajoba123

Quote from The Business Times:

"For the first time in nearly a decade, the median cash-over-valuation (COV) for resale public flats hit zero-ground last month as resale and rental volumes weakened, flash estimates show."

right timing, am going to buy resale this year.

Question: will the COV be -ve, i mean the flat selling at valuation minus?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Got ah, people calling it CUV.

Never see news puggol/sengkang (I forget which one, all the same to me) got people sell 50k under valuation? Latest rumour is another one in same area sold even lagi under valuation.

People still make lah, compared to how much they bought for. Asset appreciation huat ah.

Tiagong with all the TOPs coming up, people gonna slash asking price even more cos new place coming and need to sell off quick.

Hopefully this trend will start being reflected in valuations and BTO pricing eventually.

its almost 3 months...i still can't find a serious buyer for my 4 room flat...Sembawang area...near MRT some more.

all come look see...but no offer...all like wait for prices to go south some more. [thumbsdown]

i am one of the many affected by this "no COV phenomenon". [whip]

haizzzz....if still no buyer...gotta go pay for another valuation report...& i worry the valuation price will drop 2-3% later. [dead]

its almost 3 months...i still can't find a serious buyer for my 4 room flat...Sembawang area...near MRT some more.

all come look see...but no offer...all like wait for prices to go south some more. [thumbsdown]

haizzzz....if still no buyer...gotta go pay for another valuation report...& i worry the valuation price will drop 2-3% later. [dead]

Are you asking for COV, asking for valuation amount or asking below valuation?

Turbocharged

very hard to ask for cov now. unless rare flats or very gd location. either 0 cov or below valuation. now is a buyers' market.

i guess partly many seller hold back and wait hence not many units available for sale.

Only takes a little panic to turn the droplet into a storm... i'm waiting for the domino effect... [sly]

Only takes a little panic to turn the droplet into a storm... i'm waiting for the domino effect... [sly]

unless you are buying for the first time, if not buy low sell low.

Turbocharged

my FIL sold his 5 room at $65K above valuation 8 months ago.

hope the buyer can sleep well after hearing this.

my FIL sold his 5 room at $65K above valuation 8 months ago.

hope the buyer can sleep well after hearing this.

8 months is a while ago, anyway if they buyer is buying for own stay, 10 years down the road price will go up again.

i really dunno how this is gonna pan out...

sellers won't want to sell too low...

buyers won't agree to too high prices..

how long can buyers & sellers like me wait??

unless you are buying for the first time, if not buy low sell low.

For me I buy lower and hold... not for resale... true that valuations are still sky high even without COV...

i really dunno how this is gonna pan out...

sellers won't want to sell too low...

buyers won't agree to too high prices..

how long can buyers & sellers like me wait??

See who blinks first lo...

Supersonic

Only 3 months lo, you think you can sell immediate once you advertised?! [rolleyes] Unless after more than 6 months or more cannot sell, then you start to worry.

Anyway, flat cannot sell can due to many reasons la. Even location is near MRT, buyer also must see the condition of the house, which floor,the neighbours next door and how much cov you asking etc. [:p]

For me I buy lower and hold... not for resale... true that valuations are still sky high even without COV...

See who blinks first lo...

oh well....

those who really need to buy...will get that unit they really fancy.

Supersonic

ZERO COV does not mean NO COV...

See where you buy... try Bishan lor

Agreed, zero COV doesnt equal no COV. Many location still ask for COV lo, maybe lower only. Like last time 20K to now 5K?!

↡ Advertisement