2 men charged under Official Secrets Act for tip-offs

Darthrevan

neatipoff06032014e.jpg
Two National Environmental Agency officers Muhammad Alhaffif Mohamad Saifuddin (left), 28, and Muhammad Ramadan Mohamad Saifuddin, 25, were charged in court on Thursday with tipping off two men on a surprise inspection in the Arab Street area.

Two men were charged in court on Thursday with tipping off two people on a surprise inspection in the Arab Street area.
Muhammad Alhaffif Mohamad Saifuddin, 28, was with NEA's hygiene department when he allegedly told Mr Muhammad Ramadan Mohamad Saifuddin that officers from his department would be conducting a surprise check at Arab Street, Bali Road and the surrounding areas on Feb 8, 2012.
Muhammad Ramadan Mohamad Saifuddin, 25, is accused of giving the same information to Mr Ameen Ali Salim Talib, owner of Cafe le Caire at Arab Street, the same day.
They were represented by Mr C.S. Lee, who applied for an adjournment. The pre-trial conference for both cases has been set for April 11. If convicted under the Official Secrets Act, they could be fined up to $2,000 and jailed for up to two years.
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

My bet is Muhammad Ramadan Mohamad Saifuddin is the younger brother of Muhammad Alhaffif Mohamad Saifuddin..

where Muhammad Ramadan Mohamad Saifuddin is the one that tipped off the cafe owner..

Hopefully Muhammad Ramadan Mohamad Saifuddin did not did that on purpose..

probably something like "hey bro, i'll be busy on 8th feb and working at arab st.."

My bet is Muhammad Ramadan Mohamad Saifuddin is the younger brother of Muhammad Alhaffif Mohamad Saifuddin..

where Muhammad Ramadan Mohamad Saifuddin is the one that tipped off the cafe owner..

probably something like "hey bro, i'll be busy on 8th feb and working at arab st.."

It probably be from SMS or whatsapp....easier to trace n evidence....

Smartphone cant make its user smarter right?

neabribesph1806e.jpg

Ex-NEA officer jailed for tipping off brother on surprise inspection

A former environmental health officer who tipped off his younger brother that a surprise inspection would be carried out in the Arab Street area was sentenced to two weeks' jail on Wednesday.

Muhammad Alhaffif Mohamad Saifuddin, 28, was allowed to defer sentence until July 2.

His younger brother, Muhammad Ramadan, 25, was fined $1,500 for communicating the information which he was not authorised to receive to a restaurant owner.

Both brothers had pleaded guilty to their respective charges under the Official Secrets Act.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Wah u really can link them....

But sometimes all it takes it an observant chap to pick up something small like this.

If this is the case n what u said is true. Sibei suay kena sabo by own blood

Supercharged

that's why, got high security clearance, not necessary a good thing.

anything you say have to be super careful.

As long as there is under-table advantages given to public, it is illegal.

They should know this well, since they have read this during their 1st day at work in public ministries.

Good luck to them, and I don't wish to see this to tarnish our clean agencies.

(edited)

Between brothers also get caught? LoL...

This shows that some ppl can't keep a tight lip, must haolian show off, scared nobody know.

Edited by Watwheels

Strange that there no undertable money being passed! Maybe the owner of the establishment were their kin!

Maybe they go by yearly subscription [laugh] [laugh]