Future Leader of Singapore unveiled.

AhJason

Twincharged

Anyone remember lhl say bad about China in front of media when Obama visit Singapore quite sometime back? He said a joke which mock China, forget what pig.. And that joke I believe 100% reach China due to he said it in front of media.

What will China President at that time think man? If he want to say joke that mock China to Obama. If pm lee want to do it, at least do it discreet and not say in front of media man.

Then China also endure with singapore for quite sometime already with regard to Singapore and Taiwan relationship that we even go Taiwan for army and navy exercise... I believe that because of all these that make china tu Lan our pm lee.

Now trump is presidet and that is a double blow for us as pm lee may have already know he had offended China. Then now trump is America president and he don't really like singapore, not like Obama. So now both China and America don't like pm lee. How sia? The thing that I afraid is that china and America may behind close door say bad about singapore and then that's it for singapore with the relationship between them..

Hope that the new leaders will earn back the good relationship with china and just don't do stupid thing like mock china in front of media as a form of joke... This is a big nono.. For America as long as trump is the president, I don't think there is much we could do to make him like us. He don't like means don't like.. This guy is just very stubborn..

the pork soup from tap, open window air smell like smoke jokes were in bad taste, but were not the killer blow.

The killer is below:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/26/asia/japan-china-jet-scrambled/

China openly warn of conflict if japan interfere in SCS.

sept 25.

"China's Air Force sent more than 40 aircraft to the West Pacific near the Japanese island of Okinawa on Sunday, for what state-media called routine drills."

Immediately after

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/japans-ratification-tpp-pact-especially-important-amid-rising-protectionism-pm-lee

sept 28

"Singapore welcomes Japan’s efforts to play a more active role in the region, visiting Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Wednesday (Sept 28),"

Might as well go call for taiwan independence..... this is openly challenging china.. for what????

Then in the backgorund of TPP and SCS

PM Lee at the APEC CEO Summit Forum Discussion on the "The DNA of Global Growth", 18 November 2016

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/media_centre/press_room/pr/2016/201611/press_20161120.html

Q: What is PM Lee's opinion of the future of China’s belt and road initiatives?

PM: Well, we are happy that China is pursuing the belt and road initiatives. It is a natural thing for them to do. Their economy is growing, their links to the world are also growing, and they naturally want to develop trade routes, the investment connections, the economic integration with their neighbours, whether it is Central Asia, whether it is Southeast Asia, whether it is across the Pacific with America. And we encourage that. We think it is the right way for China to engage with the world. The AIIB is a positive initiative. Singapore is one of the first countries to join the AIIB or state our intention to join. And we think that it will be win-win. But of course nowadays, however strong an economy is, not all roads will lead only there. There will be other links between the countries in Asia, between the countries in Asia with America, with Europe, and China will fit into this global network. I think it is important that we understand that in this new world, there is no country which is the middle kingdom.

if you are China, what do you think?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Just like doing business, we don't mind them saying bad things behind close door as long as not affecting trade and economy.

That said, there will be less reliance on the maritime trade once the OBOR starts.

North & East Asia will not need to see the "face" of SG & USA.

Concurrently, expanding trades from the rich coastal cities, improving domestic trades of inner cities.

Creating jobs and stability.

It just doesn't make economical sense 30yrs back, China now is entering a different phase of economic development.

Not sure if Singapore can get any crumbs from the pie.

Ya want say bad things, at least say in backdoor LA. Why go say in front of media. Say in front of media for some lame joke that mock china, he is looking for trouble sia..

Twincharged

the pork soup from tap, open window air smell like smoke jokes were in bad taste, but were not the killer blow.

The killer is below:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/26/asia/japan-china-jet-scrambled/

China openly warn of conflict if japan interfere in SCS.

sept 25.

"China's Air Force sent more than 40 aircraft to the West Pacific near the Japanese island of Okinawa on Sunday, for what state-media called routine drills."

Immediately after

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/japans-ratification-tpp-pact-especially-important-amid-rising-protectionism-pm-lee

sept 28

"Singapore welcomes Japanâs efforts to play a more active role in the region, visiting Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Wednesday (Sept 28),"

Might as well go call for taiwan independence..... this is openly challenging china.. for what????

Then in the backgorund of TPP and SCS

PM Lee at the APEC CEO Summit Forum Discussion on the "The DNA of Global Growth", 18 November 2016

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/media_centre/press_room/pr/2016/201611/press_20161120.html

Q: What is PM Lee's opinion of the future of Chinaâs belt and road initiatives?

PM: Well, we are happy that China is pursuing the belt and road initiatives. It is a natural thing for them to do. Their economy is growing, their links to the world are also growing, and they naturally want to develop trade routes, the investment connections, the economic integration with their neighbours, whether it is Central Asia, whether it is Southeast Asia, whether it is across the Pacific with America. And we encourage that. We think it is the right way for China to engage with the world. The AIIB is a positive initiative. Singapore is one of the first countries to join the AIIB or state our intention to join. And we think that it will be win-win. But of course nowadays, however strong an economy is, not all roads will lead only there. There will be other links between the countries in Asia, between the countries in Asia with America, with Europe, and China will fit into this global network. I think it is important that we understand that in this new world, there is no country which is the middle kingdom.

if you are China, what do you think?

Timing and words used are very important. He choosed the wrong timing for the 28 Sept and used the wrong choice of word for 18 Nov.

We still must respect China leh.. China is still the world powerhouse. Like that say is like no respect for China.. No good..

Turbocharged
(edited)

I've said this before and I'll say this again.

Tharman is undoubtedly extremely intelligent. No one can doubt his brilliance.

On the world stage, he looks very good simply because he's talking about his pet topics. Policies and implementation in singapore. Our uniquely singaporean world views and getting things to work.

Has anyone asked him how to "fix" the opposition? How to take back Aljunied back from WP? He doesn't even comment on all the issues that are the grouses of the people, transportation, water price etc etc.

Answer is No. If u follow his political comments at any stage, local or overseas.

In my opinion, he's allowed to be highly likeable. Cos he doesn't really do the political or media work of the PM and others. He's allowed the freedom to portray all the stuff that doesn't polarise people.

Politics is a dirty game. Cos u are trying to win.

Someone has to do the dirty work. Just like the midfield enforcer who does the yellow card fouling, so that the No.10 can do the magic.

Very true indeed, what you said. He is fortunate to always be put in charge of "easy" portfolios matching his expertise. And handle quite "ivory tower" high level work that do not have immediate impact on the man-in-the-street.

I guess the most talented people in govt are the ones assigned to tackle the thorniest issues, like transportation, water resources, labour, and population growth [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I guess the most talented people in govt are the ones assigned to tackle the thorniest issues, like transportation, water resources, labour, and population growth [laugh]

KBW: Xian Ka Pager??!  [laugh]

Edited by Nlatio

Turbocharged
(edited)

KBW: Xian Ka Pager??! [laugh]

Before in charge of transportation, he was picked to handle housing and healthcare?

Both portfolios are also full of hot-button issues and very tough to please everyone. Esp on housing, he was given a deplorable situation to start with : lack of lower cost small flats and soaring prices.

Indeed he is arguably the most talented, being hand-picked for the toughest roles.

Edited by Sosaria

Twincharged

PM?

Before in charge of transportation, he was picked to handle housing and healthcare?

Both portfolios are also full of hot-button issues and very tough to please everyone. Esp on housing, he was given a deplorable situation to start with : lack of lower cost small flats and soaring prices.

Indeed he is arguably the most talented, being hand-picked for the toughest roles.

hmm..... so lets say kaw and tharman both good..

so who is more unacceptable as next PM?

the non Chinese or ex Malaysian? :)

Hypersonic
(edited)

OBOR will fail. Its building white elephants

in places no one has ever heard of.

We should take no part in it.  [thumbsup]

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
(edited)

I think some prc commie party congress is scheduled in another few months down the road.

Xi has to show he is tough and accepted as a leader globally, to prevent domestic rivals from usurping his position. This kind of backstabbing often take place during party congress when rival factions face off.

Hence the hectic activity ... visit Trump, obor, aggressive moves in scs and disputed isles. The only blip is that he has so far been unable to get the NK mad dog to behave.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

KBW: Xian Ka Pager??! [laugh]

Hey.. He trained Lawrence and Josephine as they are both under him before and both now minister hor.. Haha.. Silent killer..

Hypersonic

PM?

hmm..... so lets say kaw and tharman both good..

so who is more unacceptable as next PM?

the non Chinese or ex Malaysian? :)

My honest opinion, the race card really matters to voters. This is where I agree with the govt doing the racial preference for president election (though the way it's don't is obviously to fix the TCB issue).

I seriously doubt even 5 percent of voters have ever read or watched what tharman has said.

• Praise 2

Hey.. He trained Lawrence and Josephine as they are both under him before and both now minister hor.. Haha.. Silent killer..

If Cow is PM now , think not much ministars left.. See pics for reason

post-52390-0-25758700-1495245342_thumb.png

• Praise 16

Supersonic

I disagree , because key word is " good old days " , and not now.

Have you seen any of our politicians or CEO do it nowadays?

• Praise 1

The cow is good? I don't think so, Tharman seems to be a better choice. This Josephine and Lawrence are cmi for a common reason

• Praise 1

I disagree , because key word is " good old days " , and not now.

Have you seen any of our politicians or CEO do it nowadays?

• Praise 8

Turbocharged
(edited)

The cow is good? I don't think so, Tharman seems to be a better choice. This Josephine and Lawrence are cmi for a common reason

I was only half joking actually. Seriously tharman can prove himself by taking on the difficult portfolios such as transport or housing. It would be interesting to see how he would've fared or will he also get criticized? Perhaps he could've made it a success provided given a free hand to implement tough solutions.

But now he is dpm already so the discussion is moot.

Josephine got 'unwinnable' assignments like transportation and trying to increase birth rate ... of course whatever she does is a no-win game. Sometimes the statements that she makes ... is like out of frustration or exasperation [laugh] I can totally understand.

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2