Malaysian airline plane goes missing! MH370

Little_prince

He might have a fighting chance if he can fire the board.

The CEO must be a strong character and command respect of the board through ability and of course behind the scenes manoeuvres.

↡ Advertisement

"Want to go somewhere but dun know where " tweet oso kena

KUALA LUMPUR: Stricken Malaysia Airlines apologised Saturday (Nov 29) for a year-end promotion tweet that sparked anger on Twitter after it inadvertently drew parallels with the still-missing MH370 flight.

"Want to go somewhere but don't know where?" read the post on Twitter that was meant to promote special deals by the national carrier, prompting scorn from online users.

"I genuinely feel sorry for @MAS, an airline I like, but seriously: 'Want to go somewhere but don't know where?'" one user posted. Malaysia Airlines said the tweet "was intended to inspire travellers during this holiday period to explore destinations and deals" it was offering.

"Unfortunately, it unintentionally caused offence to some, and we have since removed the tweet," it said in a brief statement. It is the second time the carrier, which has been devastated by the loss of 537 people in two air tragedies this year, has run into criticism over its advertising recently.

In September, it said it had changed the name of a ticket-sale promotion that invoked an "inappropriate" death reference by asking travellers which places were on their "Bucket List".

Bookings have plummeted due to the two disasters. MH370 vanished in March with 239 passengers and crew aboard when it inexplicably diverting from its Kuala Lumpur-Beijing course. It is believed to have crashed in the Indian Ocean, but no trace has been found.

MH17 went down in July - believed hit by a surface-to-air missile - in rebellion-torn eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 aboard. The airlines said Friday its third-quarter loss widened 54 per cent year-on-year in the wake of the disasters that have sent its business into a tailspin and prompted a government rescue.

The result marks the seventh straight quarterly loss for the airline, which was already struggling to stay competitive before the disasters.

- AFP/rw

They are trying to sell their strong point mah.

"Want to know what's it's like to land in the middle of nowhere?". That don't sound good for them either what.

They should adopt our "Cheaper, Better, Faster". Or "Once in 50years cheap ticket sales".

• Praise 2

Ang mo will help MAS take-off .. . . .

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Asean-Business-File/Malaysia-Airlines-s-next-CEO-to-be-Aer-Lingus-outgoing-boss-say-local-reports

KUALA LUMPUR -- Malaysia Airlines is hiring Christoph Mueller of Ireland's Aer Lingus as the CEO to lead the ailing Malaysian carrier, which is undergoing a $1.9 billion turnaround plan.

Muller is an aviation expert, and has been CEO of Ireland's national carrier since September 2009. He was previously an executive aviation director of TUI Travel, a London-listed global travel company. He was also once the chief financial officer of DHL Worldwide, and worked for Daimler Benz Aerospace and Lufthansa AG.

Aer Lingus has been profitable since 2010, after two consecutive annual losses before Muller joined the company. "Under Christoph's strategic leadership, Aer Lingus has been transformed into a strong, consistently profitable airline with a clear strategic direction, a resilient business model as a value carrier and improved cost base," Aer Lingus Chairman Colm Barrington said in a press release in announcing Muller's resignation.

Beside Mr.Christoph Mueller of Ireland's capability, I am very sure you and me also can save whole Malaysia and MAS if we can abolish their Bumiputra System.

BN Umno Leaders are all useless and hopeless creatures leading their peoples to the graveyard.

• Praise 4

Beside Mr.Christoph Mueller of Ireland's capability, I am very sure you and me also can save whole Malaysia and MAS if we can abolish their Bumiputra System.

BN Umno Leaders are all useless and hopeless creatures leading their peoples to the graveyard.

Aiyoh bro, difficult lah.

How about 'demolish' their football team first .... :D

• Praise 2

i think its just like asking the man in white to practice what they preach......

Dude, u kpkb singapore's system and leaders then you shifted to Johor. Now you kpkb their leaders and system as a guest in their country. Very difficult leh. 😂😂

AMTK?

http://rt.com/news/209759-mh17-investigation-malaysia-excluded/

The country that owned the shot down MH17 jet, which was carrying a number of Malaysian citizens and was flown by a Malaysian crew, has been excluded from the criminal investigation due to its political neutrality, the nation's media reported.

Malaysia has been left out of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT), which has been tasked with learning more about the details of the tragedy which took place over Ukraine in July. This is despite the Dutch prime minister stating the importance of Malaysia's cooperation during a visit to the country this month.

The JIT includes the Netherlands, Belgium, Ukraine, and Australia.

Experts from the Southeast Asian country are not taking part in the criminal probe into the reason behind the Boeing 777 crash, which killed all 298 people on board. Those victims represented 10 nations,

and Malaysia had the second highest number of casualties at 43.

Most of the passengers – 193 in total – were from the Netherlands.

• Praise 1

The CEO must be a strong character and command respect of the board through ability and of course behind the scenes manoeuvres.

sometimes the CEO may take the mentality since cronies can pay 10x more than market value, take the job first and if cannot perform, just leave and set the salary benchmark for next post maybe with the middle east airlines.. anyway just need to wayang with the cronies..
  • Praise 2

Dude, u kpkb singapore's system and leaders then you shifted to Johor. Now you kpkb their leaders and system as a guest in their country. Very difficult leh. 😂😂

I have been doing businesses in Suzhou and Malaysia, the Official counterpart of PRC makes me vomit blood and the Malaysia ones makes me vomiting out my voicebox.

All are suckers!

• Praise 2

Aiyoh bro, difficult lah.

Their whole country administration system and Royal Families are infested with greedy crooks.

It's not an easy task for any near future Revolution and Reformation.

How about 'demolish' their football team first .... :D

Beside football team they having TaiChi Association too. Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 3

i think its just like asking the man in white to practice what they preach......

The group that you've mentioned are equally same with capabilities in leegalies corruption into superscale pay packet.
  • Praise 5

The group that you've mentioned are equally same with capabilities in leegalies corruption into superscale pay packet.

hahaha...that makes all of them the same.......
  • Praise 1

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Asean-Business-File/Malaysia-Airlines-s-next-CEO-to-be-Aer-Lingus-outgoing-boss-say-local-reports

KUALA LUMPUR -- Malaysia Airlines is hiring Christoph Mueller of Ireland's Aer Lingus as the CEO to lead the ailing Malaysian carrier, which is undergoing a $1.9 billion turnaround plan.

Muller is an aviation expert, and has been CEO of Ireland's national carrier since September 2009. He was previously an executive aviation director of TUI Travel, a London-listed global travel company. He was also once the chief financial officer of DHL Worldwide, and worked for Daimler Benz Aerospace and Lufthansa AG.

Aer Lingus has been profitable since 2010, after two consecutive annual losses before Muller joined the company. "Under Christoph's strategic leadership, Aer Lingus has been transformed into a strong, consistently profitable airline with a clear strategic direction, a resilient business model as a value carrier and improved cost base," Aer Lingus Chairman Colm Barrington said in a press release in announcing Muller's resignation.

CEO no need to be bumi ?

https://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-suffered-losses-because-malaysians-stupid-says-dr-051803894.html

MAS suffered losses because Malaysians stupid, says Dr M

Malaysia Airlines incurred losses because Malaysians do not know how to manage aviation, former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said today.

“Malaysians are stupid. They don't know how to manage aviation,” Dr Mahathir was quoted by news portal Malaysiakini as saying in comments over Christoph Mueller's appointment as chief executive officer-designate of Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAS NewCo).

Those responsible for the losses of the ailing national carrier were now trying to make things right, he said.

MAS main shareholder Khazanah Nasional Berhad announced Mueller's appointment in a statement yesterday.

Mueller, who will be the first non-Malaysian chief executive of MAS, will also join the board as a non-executive director.

Celcom chief executive Datuk Seri Mohammed Shazalli Ramli will also join the MAS board as non-executive director. His and Mueller's appointments to the board will be effective January 1.

The appointments are part of the sovereign wealth fund Khazanah Nasional's efforts to rescue and restructure the airline.

Dr Mahathir also commented on Datuk Seri Najib Razak issuing legal notices to opposition lawmakers Tony Pua and Rafizi Ramli, saying it was the prime minister’s right if he wanted to sue them.

He said, however, that he had not resorted to legal action against his critics during his 22 years of power tenure as prime minister.

“Back then I didn't go to court. I just answered (the critics).

“If I had done the right thing, what is there to be scared of? People will believe you,” he reportedly said.

Pointing out that it was normal for politicians to be criticised and slandered by people, Dr Mahathir said in his opinion there was no use going to court in such instances.

However, he added, such action might be useful to Najib.

Rafizi, the Pandan MP, received a letter of demand yesterday from a law firm representing Najib over his video defending petrol subsidies, while Pua, who is Petaling Jaya Utara MP, was issued the notice on November 21 over remarks against Najib about the state-owned 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB). – December 6, 2014.

• Praise 3

I wonder if we will ever know the truth of this plane or even find it during our life time. Someone is obviously hiding something

↡ Advertisement