How many eggs should you eat?

Jeffc

Besides cutting down on fried stuff, what're ways to reduce Triglycerides level?

Mine has been very high all the years though I don't eat that much goreng goreng stuff.

i take red yeast supplement. Worked like a charm.

btw, ancient emperor use this to cut their cholesterol too.

↡ Advertisement

Besides cutting down on fried stuff, what're ways to reduce Triglycerides level?

Mine has been very high all the years though I don't eat that much goreng goreng stuff.

You can try taking Virgin coconut oil.

http://coconutoil.com/

Young and Virgin juice also make you younger. Anti ageing leh.

Ya Malaysian one, Thailand botak one not so good. I'm talking about young coconut.

The yellow skin lagi better - good for liver detox.

(edited)

0o hard boiled healthier than fired eggs cos less oil. How bout half boiled eggs? Is the egg less nutritious if its not fully cooked?

Edited by Corgified1

0o hard boiled healthier than fired eggs cos less oil. How bout half boiled eggs? Is the egg less nutritious if its not fully cooked?

In theory raw eggs shd be more nutritious than a cooked egg. I read somewhere cooked egg has 0.2g lesser protein than raw eggs. Actually not much difference, but cooked eggs easier to eat and the body is better able to process the protein and nutrients. So in short, even if the nutritional value of raw eggs higher, the human body is not as proficient in processing all those nutrients while cooked is more easily processed.

Just cook your eggs lah. Unless u are those coffeeshop uncle take raw eggs with stout

• Praise 1

In theory raw eggs shd be more nutritious than a cooked egg. I read somewhere cooked egg has 0.2g lesser protein than raw eggs. Actually not much difference, but cooked eggs easier to eat and the body is better able to process the protein and nutrients. So in short, even if the nutritional value of raw eggs higher, the human body is not as proficient in processing all those nutrients while cooked is more easily processed.

Just cook your eggs lah. Unless u are those coffeeshop uncle take raw eggs with stout

oh.. was just wondering cos I like having the coffeeshop half boiled eggs (not the stout ones lol) with toast for breakfast. Not so worried about the benefits but more about whether will have any probs anot lol.

• Praise 1

oh.. was just wondering cos I like having the coffeeshop half boiled eggs (not the stout ones lol) with toast for breakfast. Not so worried about the benefits but more about whether will have any probs anot lol.

If your stomach can take it, ie no LS, then it's ok. 2 soft boiled eggs is my breakfast staple :D

Occasionally when I eat breakfast at home, I will cook more, maybe 3-4 soft boiled eggs. Actually really easy to cook, and much cheaper if cook at home. 1 tray of 12 around $2, ie 1 egg around 20c, but outside coffeeshop is more than double per egg.

Goodness, so all those cholesterol theories on eggs were unfounded?

the less cholesterol a person consumes..the more the liver produces cholesterol..leading to high cholesterol levels..afterall 75% of cholesterol in human body is produced by our liver to power our body/brain..eating more cholesterol helps to lower cholesterol in the body..so more lard more eggs please! [:)]

• Praise 4

Until now people still cannot tell the difference over dietary and blood cholesterol

http://chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy

On any given day, we have between 1,100 and 1,700 milligrams of cholesterol in our body. 25% of that comes from our diet, and 75% is produced inside of our bodies by the liver. Much of the cholesterol that’s found in food can’t be absorbed by our bodies, and most of the cholesterol in our gut was first synthesized in body cells and ended up in the gut via the liver and gall bladder. The body tightly regulates the amount of cholesterol in the blood by controlling internal production; when cholesterol intake in the diet goes down, the body makes more. When cholesterol intake in the diet goes up, the body makes less.

This explains why well-designed cholesterol feeding studies (where they feed volunteers 2-4 eggs a day and measure their cholesterol) show that dietary cholesterol has very little impact on blood cholesterol levels in about 75% of the population. The remaining 25% of the population are referred to as “hyper-responders”. In this group, dietary cholesterol does modestly increase both LDL (“bad cholesterol” and HDL (“good cholesterol”), but it does not affect the ratio of LDL to HDL or increase the risk of heart disease.

In other words, eating cholesterol isn’t going to give you a heart attack. You can ditch the egg-white omelettes and start eating yolks again. That’s a good thing, since all of the 13 essential nutrients eggs contain are found in the yolk. Egg yolks are an especially good source of choline, a B-vitamin that plays important roles in everything from neurotransmitter production to detoxification to maintenance of healthy cells.

More here: http://www.google.com.sg/#q=myths+about+eggs

If your stomach can take it, ie no LS, then it's ok. 2 soft boiled eggs is my breakfast staple :D

Occasionally when I eat breakfast at home, I will cook more, maybe 3-4 soft boiled eggs. Actually really easy to cook, and much cheaper if cook at home. 1 tray of 12 around $2, ie 1 egg around 20c, but outside coffeeshop is more than double per egg.

Outside need to pay for service mah haha. yeah I will try to make them myself if im early too but most of the time undercooked or overcooked. what method do you use to get nice softboil eggs?

Outside need to pay for service mah haha. yeah I will try to make them myself if im early too but most of the time undercooked or overcooked. what method do you use to get nice softboil eggs?

Usually I use "agaration". For room temp eggs, I just place the eggs inside a big metal mug and pour water that just boiled inside (each egg roughly 200ml water), cover, leave for 6mins or 7 mins if you prefer not so runny.

If not just get one of these

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SMART-LIVING-HALF-BOILED-EGG-MAKER/405209303

Usually I use "agaration". For room temp eggs, I just place the eggs inside a big metal mug and pour water that just boiled inside (each egg roughly 200ml water), cover, leave for 6mins or 7 mins if you prefer not so runny.

I like to eat half-boiled egg very much but tried my best not to.

Hard boil egg is still the best for health reason.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Runny eggs... like what my American colleagues and visitors describe. Most don't like it.

Regarding the cholesterol.. wonder wth the initial findings say no good and affect the cardio and stuff.. so, eggs aren't the culprit..hmm..

• Praise 1

Runny eggs... like what my American colleagues and visitors describe. Most don't like it.

Regarding the cholesterol.. wonder wth the initial findings say no good and affect the cardio and stuff.. so, eggs aren't the culprit..hmm..

Aiyah research is like this one. Last time, and even now, HPB always encourage this

Healthy-Diet-Pyramid.jpg

But actually now more and more people are more informed and do more of LCHF http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf , opposite of what this pyramid shows haha

Aiyah research is like this one. Last time, and even now, HPB always encourage this

Healthy-Diet-Pyramid.jpg

But actually now more and more people are more informed and do more of LCHF http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf , opposite of what this pyramid shows haha

HPB's data is outdated..the food pyramid was based on a erroneous research in the 70s with agricultural lobbyists backing it..the actual food pyramid should totally exclude sugar/rice/wheat/noodles/grains/bread/pasta totally from the pyramid..for the past 40 years people had been adopting the wrong diet regime & gotten fat/obese/diabetic/cancerous as a result

• Praise 2

It's very sad that our young kids are conditioned and brainwashed with this food pyramid. My kids always come back from kindergarten and school and trying to brain wash me with this. [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement