Nissan Qashqai 2014

Thaiyotakamli

I am probably one of the few new owners of the 2014 Qashqai. Been on the road for one month plus. So far only saw three on the road...same colour.

Do you have any feedback of the car? How is the fc? The sales guy said realistically about 12km/L.

congrats! It's a good looking car inside out.

Let us know how the drive is.

Paperwork all done. Should be getting car this coming Wednesday... Can't wait :P

• Praise 1

TC seem to be bringing in pretty stripped down cars to keep OMV super low and then retrofitting features locally...

Old Qashqai was also designed in UK and plenty of parts were sourced from European suppliers eg. the headlamps were Hella instead of Koito, shock absorbers by Sach instead of Tokico etc, I had an unfortunate fender bender with a van which broke a headlamp and it cost almost S$700 for one headlamp housing! My rear dampers started making clanking noises when going over humps but fortunately it was replaced under warranty...can't imagine how much that would cost...

• Praise 1

Really enjoying the car. Ride is smoother and pick-up better than my previous Qashqai (2006 model). A lot of gadgets to play around with as well. Sitting position is lower than the previous model but legroom has improved.

Not so sure about the built quality of Korean cars.

Feel safer with Japanese cars. tried and tested.

Anyone have experience with Kia and Hyundais?

Heard from one of their dealer that the car craps out after 3 years. What confidence...

Craps out after 3 years?? Which dealers told you that. I have seen both hyundai and Kia lasted through 10 years and still going strong. Their only problem is their fc.. But now fc definitely better than their own brand 10 years ago.. still not better than sushi yet though...

And also, 2 air bags feel safer than 6 air bags?? Hmmm... tell me abt it..

Really enjoying the car. Ride is smoother and pick-up better than my previous Qashqai (2006 model). A lot of gadgets to play around with as well. Sitting position is lower than the previous model but legroom has improved.

Bro, you new ride is fitted with factory head unit or local fitted set ?

Bro,

What is the omv for your car?

19" rims looks nice I think if change to 18" jap rims will be more comfy and lighter much lighter than the stock rims.

• Praise 1

Craps out after 3 years?? Which dealers told you that. I have seen both hyundai and Kia lasted through 10 years and still going strong. Their only problem is their fc.. But now fc definitely better than their own brand 10 years ago.. still not better than sushi yet though...

And also, 2 air bags feel safer than 6 air bags?? Hmmm... tell me abt it..

good comment and thank you.

I hv been speaking to taxi drivers driving Huyndais and Kias and they feel good. They say taxis are a different problem because it is driven for a long time.

I was in Suntec and they had a promo for Hyudai Sante Fe. That is the car I'm eyeing aside from Qashqai and HR-V.

Any thots on those cars since you like hybrids....the hydrid vezel looks good and suits my needs. Some questions:

1) Is it easier to get a short circuit if the car travels through a flooded road at knee high water level?

2) How is the pick up with hybirds? Are the fast off the block?

• Praise 1

Bro, you new ride is fitted with factory head unit or local fitted set ?

It's a factory head unit. Has bluetooth, Aux, Ipod, USB control. Doesn't have GPS and reverse camera though.

Heard from SE that Tan Chong still testing to find local fitted set which can fit the design of the head unit set with GPS function.

Bro,

What is the omv for your car?

19" rims looks nice I think if change to 18" jap rims will be more comfy and lighter much lighter than the stock rims.

OMV is 20+k

Really like the 19" rim design though. Might not change it for now...

good comment and thank you.

I hv been speaking to taxi drivers driving Huyndais and Kias and they feel good. They say taxis are a different problem because it is driven for a long time.

I was in Suntec and they had a promo for Hyudai Sante Fe. That is the car I'm eyeing aside from Qashqai and HR-V.

Any thots on those cars since you like hybrids....the hydrid vezel looks good and suits my needs. Some questions:

1) Is it easier to get a short circuit if the car travels through a flooded road at knee high water level?

2) How is the pick up with hybirds? Are the fast off the block?

I'm wishing for a hybrid car few years ago... Main thing about hybrid is their FC.... very very good.. but you have to scarifies the power. Lower than their petrol version. But good enough as a B&B car..

I'm sure you heard a lot problems for Vezel hybrid as of now.. Personally, if you really like the hybrid version, I would only consider from AD, not PI. If you get from a good and responsible (very hard to judge) you'll be safe, otherwise.... good luck.

I think most important things if go ahead test drive the car you are looking. Everyone have their own taste and opinion...

I wish you get you ideal ride soon... cheers

• Praise 1

It's a factory head unit. Has bluetooth, Aux, Ipod, USB control. Doesn't have GPS and reverse camera though.

Heard from SE that Tan Chong still testing to find local fitted set which can fit the design of the head unit set with GPS function.

OMV is 20+k

Really like the 19" rim design though. Might not change it for now...

You just like those PI cars fitting with Pioneer and Alphine HU?

I test drove this car some time ago, with the 19" rim and low profile tyres, going thru humps it's not so comfy as SUV suppose to be.

Now the price states "from" 141,500 that would means got different variant? Is it due to the lack off on board entertainment n reverse camera? The price is just too steep consider when they launch was 131. - 134k. Sigh.

• Praise 2

Now the price states "from" 141,500 that would means got different variant? Is it due to the lack off on board entertainment n reverse camera? The price is just too steep consider when they launch was 131. - 134k. Sigh.

With this price the OMV only about $20k, really not worth it.

↡ Advertisement