Hypothetically if I knocked a pedestrian

Gonefishing

If I were to bang a person who was dashing across the road (jaywalking) what is the outcome if I was not speeding or comit any crime ...
the pedestrian assmued not dead..but minor injury

anything I should do? will I be fined ? just a question that has been lingering

↡ Advertisement

If I were to bang a person who was dashing across the road (jaywalking) what is the outcome if I was not speeding or comit any crime ...

If you bang a person it's called rape.

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

If you bang a person it's called rape.

But if bang a male, it's called sodomy.... hehehe..

But if that person is your wife it means it's your birthday

You only get to bang your wife on your birthday?..poor chap.. hehehe,..

It would be a debate on legal liability. On a scale of 0% to 100%, your lawyer should fight for 0% liability on your part.

It is complicated and tedious, but lawyers and judges will go into whether you have taken reasonable care to handle your car and avoid a collision. Being within speed limits and being in lane would help your case.

But details like whether the jaywalker was already 2 lanes across and already in the last lane before reaching the other side, or just into his first lane, when you collided, will determine how many % you are liable.

Your compensation to the jaywalker will be in accordance to your % liability.

• Praise 1

Yes

It depends on whether you have taken precautionary measures or abide by the current traffic rules (e.g. speeding). In most cases, witnesses would be very helpful.

I has an acquaintance who encountered such a case. He was moving along like 30-40km/h under slow moving traffic when some jaywalker rushed out of nowhere. The joker got hit and an ambulance called. My friend subsequently only got a warning because (i) there are many witnesses; (ii) traffic was heavy such that there were no chance to dangerously speed; (iii) injured party did not take overhead pedestrian bridge that was barely 4 metres away.

if u bang a pedestrian with you having passngers that can be called a gang....its called gangbang! NB.....forgot holiday liao....one week of suffering!

Turbocharged

Depend whether TP/LTA charge you for "Careless" or "Reckless" driving...... both carry very different punishment....

It depends on whether you have taken precautionary measures or abide by the current traffic rules (e.g. speeding). In most cases, witnesses would be very helpful.

I has an acquaintance who encountered such a case. He was moving along like 30-40km/h under slow moving traffic when some jaywalker rushed out of nowhere. The joker got hit and an ambulance called. My friend subsequently only got a warning because (i) there are many witnesses; (ii) traffic was heavy such that there were no chance to dangerously speed; (iii) injured party did not take overhead pedestrian bridge that was barely 4 metres away.

The fact is that he got a warning. Personally, I would say even that was overkill, since he did *nothing* wrong in this case whereas the idiot jaywalker did *everything* wrong.

But it's interesting how our TP give pedestrians a free pass. Just the other day, I was driving with a TP bike in the next (middle) lane. Everyone was (of course) going something like 10-20km/h below the speed limit just because of the TP presence. A jaywalker ran across the road almost *right* in front of the TP, but the TP just acted blur. I actually had it captured on my camera, but it's probably been overwritten by now.

Don't know why they have this attitude - but I think it has a lot to do with how difficult it is to catch and prosecute pedestrians successfully. They'd rather go after the easy targets - in this case, the drivers, who are required by law to be immediately identifiable at a glance.

• Praise 1

As long you hit a person, the guilt with stay within u and confidence of driving will shattered for quite sometime. So better slow down before junction, zebra crossing and also stretch of parallel parking cars. Nobody deserves to lose his life on road.

Just curious since this topic is brought up, though may be unrelated...

Hypothetically, a person can "delibrately jump" into your path and knock into your car even when you are driving in slow traffic, and claim medical expenses from your insurance? Anyone experienced that before?

I can actually think of many scenarios where a person would resort to that.

↡ Advertisement