Is V shaped engine better than normal ones?

Gonefishing

I drive a over 200bhp V engine and tend to leave many cars behind at traffic lights even when I am NOT driving fast... is my car more powerful by engine type.

↡ Advertisement

v engine is better because it has more cylinders bigger capacity more power torque that's why leave other cars behind if you don't you r driving fast

Turbocharged

v engine is better because it has more cylinders bigger capacity more power torque that's why leave other cars behind if you don't you r driving fast

this is not true. take for example a IS250 vs a Golf GTI. the GTI has more torque than a IS250.

this is not true. take for example a IS250 vs a Golf GTI. the GTI has more torque than a IS250.

ok, noted.

golf git is turbo?

(edited)

thanks..that konfirms my suspision

turbo not counted as it is artificially boosting engine...although small cc car turbo also not close to a 2L ... at most torque improve but high speed still lose out. Edited by Gonefishing

Turbocharged

I drive a over 200bhp V engine and tend to leave many cars behind at traffic lights even when I am NOT driving fast... is my car more powerful by engine type.

The most powerful engine is a combination of V engine with an inline engine behind. It's like a d i c k poking a woman's Va*ina

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

thanks..that konfirms my suspision

turbo not counted as it is artificially boosting engine...although small cc car turbo also not close to a 2L ... at most torque improve but high speed still lose out.

Agreed. top end, bigger cc will have advantage but for taking off, torque is what you need.

so depending on what is your requirement. for city driving, torque is more relevant.

No.

IL6/V12 is d best.

Twincharged

You leave them behind cuz they never step accelerator is it? 200+bhp only.

LoL... Better in terms of what sia?

What are normal ones?? They are all internal combustion engines.

V2 engine is it? Aka motorbike engine. Best power to weight. Can smoke any car any time.

Edited by Watwheels

Hmmm... so its V6 engine or V-shape engine?

V as in the position of the piston that is connected to the con-rod thus the up n down movement of the pistons and the conrods if looked laterally in a blueprint it makes a V shape....6 as in the number of cylinders in the engine. Normal straight line engine if looked laterally will look like an l. Edited by Eviilusion

V as in the shape of the piston that is connected to the con-rod thus the conrods if looked laterally in a blueprint it makes a V shape....6 as in the number of cylinders in the engine. Normal straight line engine if looked laterally will look like an l.

I see... thanks. And boxer engines are opposing pistons?

LoL... Better in terms of what sia?

What are normal ones?? They are all internal combustion engines.

V2 engine is it? Aka motorbike engine. Best power to weight. Can smoke any car any time.

V engines are said to have better pickup.....the V is the trick. The rise and fall of the piston is very different from a straight lined engine. And the engine can be made smaller to the V configuration if u compare a V6 and a straight 6.

Maybe some brothers with automotive knowledge can put more lights on this and as always google is our best friend!

200 hp v or straight or flat engine will leave altis, vios, latio, most civic, kia, hyundai, lorries, vans, bus.... behind. That's most cars!

My straight engine leaves those vehicles behind too... when I am not green.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1