Golf GTI or A250

Gs_1984

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy?

• A250
    • Golf 7 GTI

Went shopping for a car for my wife at VW today. My wife is keen on the VW golf since most of her friends are driving that and it is relatively fuss-free from what she heard from friends. Plus the compact size will allow her to have lesser parking problems in office.

But my colleagues in office are telling me to avoid VW at all cost due to the long service centre queues and lousy customer service.

Since the price of a A250 is relatively cheaper than a golf GTI, is it a better choice to get that instead since they look much the same as on paper and in metal.

↡ Advertisement

Went shopping for a car for my wife at VW today. My wife is keen on the VW golf since most of her friends are driving that and it is relatively fuss-free from what she heard from friends. Plus the compact size will allow her to have lesser parking problems in office.

But my colleagues in office are telling me to avoid VW at all cost due to the long service centre queues and lousy customer service.

Since the price of a A250 is relatively cheaper than a golf GTI, is it a better choice to get that instead since they look much the same as on paper and in metal.

im not sure on the pricing but since you said so, and it shall be it.. Seems onlY in unique Singapore that the A250 is cheaper than GTI... Since the A250 is cheaper, it's really silly to get the GTI over the A250.

My wife thinks BMW 1 series looks super ugly, that's why never go for it. Anyway, it is much more expensive than the ones we are looking for too.

Why not Mini Cooper S Countryman?

4 dr. 6AT from Aisin. 184hp from 1.6L twin scroll twin turbo.

If u don't mind a 6 mth old car, look out for Mini in SgcarMart.

Random thoughts.

Brand - Merc

Service - Merc

Reliability - Merc

Price - Merc

Speed - ?

F/C - ?

Comfort - ?

Resale - Merc

Space - ?

Which one more important to you as VW score very well in nothing.

• Praise 1

Mercedes-Benz A-Class A250 Sport (A) spacer.gif

Engine Engine capacity 1,991 cc

Engine type 4-cylinder in-line Compression ratio 9.8 Bore x Stroke (83 x 92) mm

Performance Power 208 bhp

orque 350 Nm

Acceleration 6.6s (0-100 km/h)

Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0 TSI (A) spacer.gif

Engine Engine capacity 1,984 cc

Engine type 4-cylinder in-line TSI Compression ratio 9.6 Bore x Stroke (82.5 x 92.8) mm

Performance Power 220 bhp

Torque 350 Nm

Acceleration 6.5s (0-100 km/h)

Unless you really care so much about the 0.1 sec different...in term of comfort and brand...it is a no brainer...of course the star brand...

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 1

you really don't know or pretending,

read this you will never touch VW in your life,

http://www.livelifed...ia-headquarters

• Praise 2

But that is Malaysia leh.

Singapore is facing the same problem. You mean only Malaysia got DSG problem?

A250 for me too.

↡ Advertisement