Need Help Urgently. My 2007 Nissan Latio vibrate quite badly

Spken1976

Hi bros, need your help. My car vibrate quite badly when switching to the drive mode. It's worsen when picking up. What might be the cause? Any mobile mechanic recommend? Thanks.

If your car is like sounding choked while idling and feels like underpower and its not the engine mount giving way, check the ignition coil or plug cables.

My aunt's latio changed it twice!

Hope it helps

Edited by Sei_fei_loh

If your car is like sounding choked while idling and feels like underpower and its not the engine mount giving way, check the ignition coil or plug cables.

My aunt's latio changed it twice!

Hope it helps

How to check if coil is spoilt?

Neutral Newbie

If step gas, slow acceleration. Cannot go beyond 70, likelihood coil on one of spark plug misfire. Roughly $250 per coil to change.

Hi bro, done my repair. Diagnosed mis firing coils. Changed 2 coils $252. Diagnose test $35. Labour charge $60. Total damage: $347.

Hi bro, done my repair. Diagnosed mis firing coils. Changed 2 coils $252. Diagnose test $35. Labour charge $60. Total damage: $347.

Apologies for the late reply. Good to hear things are back to normal.

Apologies for the late reply. Good to hear things are back to normal.

It's OK. After changing the coil, feel like more powerful. Luckily didn't go Tan Chong quote me more than a thousand dollar. Like I'm a carrot to him.

It's OK. After changing the coil, feel like more powerful. Luckily didn't go Tan Chong quote me more than a thousand dollar. Like I'm a carrot to him.

This is how AD charges not that they like to chop carrots....even autosaver will charge you probably 30% cheaper only... but we always have alternative workshops

Neutral Newbie

Can advice which workshop you go? My Mazda 5 also got vibration and underpower issue after replaced the starting motor, went back to the WS they said it's engine mounting problem. Just wonder how can this suddenly happen right after the Motor replacement. Tks!

The symptom for misfiring/coil damage should then be "knocking" rather than just "vibrate". It is a very sever vibration and there is big lack of power.

I kena twice recently, first time went AD and cost me a bomb, including 100 plus just to "diagnose". (I am sure they knew exactly what the problem was!)

Second time same symptom I took out the coil one by one and used a spare spark plug to check the spark. The one without spark would be the one to be replaced!

Can advice which workshop you go? My Mazda 5 also got vibration and underpower issue after replaced the starting motor, went back to the WS they said it's engine mounting problem. Just wonder how can this suddenly happen right after the Motor replacement. Tks!

Under power should have nothing to do with the starter motor or engine mount....

Neutral Newbie

Tks, replace the starting motor was because unable to start then, checking battery still 85% so they diagnosed it's starting motor fail. All the vibration and underpower only come after that starting motor replaced. Is it possible they failed to install back any parts properly during the replacement?

Hi I went to Tek Soon Motor Repair at Autobay Kaki Bukit #01-93. Price quite reasonable.
  • Praise 1

Tks, replace the starting motor was because unable to start then, checking battery still 85% so they diagnosed it's starting motor fail. All the vibration and underpower only come after that starting motor replaced. Is it possible they failed to install back any parts properly during the replacement?

Possible that they dislodge the coil cable/coil by accident....

Don't know what went wrong also. But there is some tire burnt smell also. Bringing to workshop tomorrow. Will be going to Tek Soon Motor at Autobay. Any comments?

Burnt smell??? Check the colour of your ATF. Is it reddish n fresh or brown n looks dirty?

Maybe u need to flush or do a few drain n fill new ATF to get it all smooth again.

Don't know what went wrong also. But there is some tire burnt smell also. Bringing to workshop tomorrow. Will be going to Tek Soon Motor at Autobay. Any comments?

Oh tire burnt smell. Maybe yr brakes r binding n sticking.

Maybe just need to adjust or already need to replace brake pads n adjust properly.

My latio seem a lot problems.

Sometimes yr car a lot of problems maybe its time to look for a better n more honest workshop.

Oh ok. Last year happen once before. I had changed the coil and spark plugs. Cost me $400. But don't know why so fast happen again.

Btw est how much to change the rubber thingy on the engine mount? Thanks.

Try to get recommendations from frens who dun hv problems with their cars n try their ws n see if it improves.

Sometimes ws is cheating customers [pirate][knife] . Very common problem.

If step gas, slow acceleration. Cannot go beyond 70, likelihood coil on one of spark plug misfire. Roughly $250 per coil to change.

Quite easy to check.

Car warmed up n idle. U find idle quite rough?

Just remove one spark plug cable at a time n see if the rough idle gets worse. If it remains same then that is the faulty plug cable/coil pack.

Or maybe its just the plug faulty. Maybe just a new set of plugs might b a cheap fix to the problem.

Edited by Pisces69

This is how AD charges not that they like to chop carrots....even autosaver will charge you probably 30% cheaper only... but we always have alternative workshops

For me I buy the original or OEM parts myself n get my ws to fix only.

Very transparent my parts n labour costs.

Plus I can control the quality of the parts used in my car. All good quality and not some cheepo low quality Made in China parts.

Its time for u to start looking for a better n more honest WS.

Mechanics or boss see u as a ripe carrot ready to b chopped. [knife]

Look for a new ws unless u want this problems to keep getting worse cos a dishonest ws wil always b a dishonest ws.

I look up this forum to find Spken1976's problem pretty similar to mine.

I sent my kid to weekend class today. When l started my 2006 Sylphy to leave the school, the engine vibrated at idling. The RPM was stable at 700 as usual. I thought it was intermitent fuel supply or that one of the cylinders is not firing. I can hear at the exhaust pipe puffing noise. It's like those old VW van revving rhythm. When I drove off, the power was lacking.

I pulled up at a small lane, opened the bonnet. As in Spken1976's case, there was a rubber-like burning smell.

While I will send to the workshop after Hari Raya to diagnose if it was the fault of the coil, what does the burning smell come from? Did Spken1976 manage to find out eventually?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1