Motor Insurance - HL Assurance

Kamani

Hi - I'm kind of new to the forum - any members have any inputs or thoughts of this Company - HL Assurance ?? Could not find much about them; Seems like quite new kid on the block but apparently much cheaper than current insurer and even Direct Asia

tks

↡ Advertisement

It should be related to Hong Leong. As you said, new setup so claims handling remain to be seen.

If I were you, would stick to direct Asia or Aviva direct who are the incumbents and have a better structure in place.

It is important to read the terms and conditions. What are the areas of coverage. Just looking at the premium alone can be deceptive. There are a lot of fine prints that are not to the advantage of policy holders!

Hi - I'm kind of new to the forum - any members have any inputs or thoughts of this Company - HL Assurance ?? Could not find much about them; Seems like quite new kid on the block but apparently much cheaper than current insurer and even Direct Asia

tks

How u get the premium quotation? Their website does not seem to have any quotation tools ..

How u get the premium quotation? Their website does not seem to have any quotation tools ..

just call them at 67020202 and they are quite responsive

It is important to read the terms and conditions. What are the areas of coverage. Just looking at the premium alone can be deceptive. There are a lot of fine prints that are not to the advantage of policy holders!

seems almost the same as my current insurer AXA and they are still ruled by GIA - but in case if you care to share any experience about fine prints/ shortcomings with any insurer please let me know

tks

Recently called HLA for a quotation. I believe it;s the lowest in the market with similar product features if not better. I also find the team very friendly and responsive. No hard selling as well. Only concern is how they handle claims (touch wood). anyway, think I will give it a try when my insurance is due.

Recently called HLA for a quotation. I believe it;s the lowest in the market with similar product features if not better. I also find the team very friendly and responsive. No hard selling as well. Only concern is how they handle claims (touch wood). anyway, think I will give it a try when my insurance is due.

Yes they were indeed competitive and service was good as what you mentioned only thing because my Car was new and had to be tied up with the AD for 1st year- definetely next year give them a shot as I am not obliged anymore with the AD

perhaps because new setup - > usually want to garner market share to justify. Am planning to change ride soon, prob will get a quote from them.

RSA also can consider

heard before RSA cheap, but have to go through intermediary ? or can direct quote?

I have changed from DA to HL. HL's quote is about $400 cheaper than DA. Was skeptical at first but upon looking at the T&C, they are comparable to what the big boys are offering. They are flexible in terms of excess; $300 excess if the owner goes to HL's authorised workshop or $600 excess if the owner goes to his preferred workshop. Hopefully when comes to claim, they would be as good.

Edited by Coolpica
  • Praise 1

Cheapest insurance in the Market!!!!

Not Direct ASEAN , AZA or ABIBA.

Big thumbs up to HL.

your message very politikal

Asean...... then HL [thumbsup] - from Polikicks to Insurance is it [grin] (Hxien Loxng)??

• Praise 1

HL is new a kid in the insurance industry. Just few days ago in the ST, there was a favorarable on their travel insurance. Their hotline very responsive, reassuring and the claim experience by someone is simple and speedy. Hopefully, this apply to their motor insurance too. For me DA is the cheapest at the moment. May switch to HL, if the rate is competitive.

Just saw HL website that they have a promo going until 31 Dec 2014. They are giving additional 10% after all the discount (NCD & merit discount) for insurance purchased on or before 31 Dec 😊😊

• Praise 1

They are "new" kid of the block.

Rates are competitive, customer service excellent and quite flexible (at least with the guy I dealt with).

Signed up 'cos rate is one of the lowest of all and managed to change their free but (useless to me gifts - maintenance packages) to cashcard. [thumbsup]

Anyone else bought HL assurance before?

• Praise 1

Isn't promotion freebie is fixed?

They are "new" kid of the block.

Rates are competitive, customer service excellent and quite flexible (at least with the guy I dealt with).

Signed up 'cos rate is one of the lowest of all and managed to change their free but (useless to me gifts - maintenance packages) to cashcard. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement