Man 22 Arrested at West Coast Condo

Maxus-MIFA9

Kudo to Clementi Police Division officers .... [smash]

from yahoo news: Man, 22, arrested in connection with physical attack case outside West Coast condo

[uPDATE on Friday, 21 March at 7:45pm: The man suspected to be Mei's attacker was arrested on Thursday night, after a more than 60-man police operation over three days. The 22-year-old will be charged in court on Saturday. In a statement, her family said they are gradually feeling relief and joy over the news. "The Clementi police division, and all the detectives and forensics staff involved are incredible. They are our heroes. We will leave it to the judicial system to deal justice to the culprit.]

She was returning home on Monday at 9:30pm from dinner with her friends, and as usual, took the path from the bus stop to the rear entrance of her condominium.

This was the same path she has taken multiple times a week in the four years her family has lived there.

That day was different from others though — mere steps away from the gate, 25-year-old Mei (not her real name) was suddenly attacked by a passing cyclist. She said he knocked her to the ground, straddled her hips and punched her head and face repeatedly while trying to stifle her screams.

Mei, a freelance graphic designer, believes she was the victim of a rape attempt. Because her attacker is still at large, her family has requested that her real name not be published to prevent him from tracking them down.

Mei said she wants to share her experience with Yahoo Singapore to warn women that the threat of a physical attack is real, and can happen here in Singapore. In fact, it happened on a short path located right beside the brightly-lit Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), that connects a bus stop and one of two back gates of her condominium.

The man, she says, looked to be aged between his late 20s and early 30s. He was about 1.75m tall, dark-skinned and muscular, and had a sharp nose. He was clean shaven, had short, dark hair and was wearing a pale-coloured T-shirt and jeans or dark pants. He also did not smell of alcohol at all.

"In other words, he looked fairly generic,” she said. “His clothes were clean, he was not at all ragged. I wasn’t scared of him (when we first passed each other),” She said she wasn't dressed provocatively either — in a long-sleeved black pullover with jeans.

He was cycling towards her after she alighted from a taxi by the road, and they made eye contact briefly as he passed. Mei walked on until she noticed an extra shadow apart from her own, and as she was turning around to see who it was, she received a punch on the right side of her head.

As she went down, he pounced on her, pinning her to the ground, plastering his hand over her nose and mouth as he repeatedly slammed her head into the ground with his other hand so she could not breathe.

As she screamed and thrashed around, biting the man’s hands and fingers three times as he struggled to flip her facedown, the one thing she knew was that she must keep fighting him.

“All I could do was just be really, really aggressive… to show him that he can’t win me, he can’t beat me. I’m going to keep fighting and I’m not going to let him have whatever he wants,” she said.

She is still thankful that the man was unable to get to her clothes — two people who happened to live in the same condominium appeared on the path, and the sight of them drove the man away on foot, leaving his white bicycle parked in the middle of the path.

more stories, link: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/-i-honestly-thought-i-was-going-to-die-005516242.html

piew....... [sweatdrop]

For once, I thought it was MCFer, ChowYuenFatt as he stayed around that area ... :o

hmmmmm.......... afterall he was not that young ... [sly]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Goes to show singapore is no longer safe as many believe it to be. Even in more upmarket condo area.

Always be wary of any stranger approaching when there's nobody else nearby.

But I read today's news that the suspect was apprehended at his home which was actually quite far removed from the west coast area.

Wonder how the police managed to track him down?

I also read from the news that there was another outrage of modesty case in west coast area on the same day, possibly same guy... hope he kena jail and rotan, not just let off with fine... after all, 22 years old already, cannot escape

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Goes to show singapore is no longer safe as many believe it to be.

like that also can ? there's always crime in Singapore what .....

Supercharged

Goes to show singapore is no longer safe as many believe it to be. Even in more upmarket condo area.

But I read today's news that the suspect was apprehended at his home which was actually quite far removed from the west coast area.

I also read from the news that there was another outrage of modesty case in west coast area on the same day, possibly same guy... hope he kena jail and rotan, not just let off with fine... after all, 22 years old already, cannot escape

his DNA is all over her body and clothes.....

nowadays dna technology is v advanced

• Praise 1

Quite easy. if you had watch "crime watch" you will notice police like to sent msg out to taxi companies to be on the lookout and very soon some taxi driver will come forward with the key information. It makes sense since criminals want to get away from the crime scene asap the fastest way is to hail a cab. LoL...

Hypersonic

He must have committed a crime before if not the police will not have his DNA. Kudos to our crime busters!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

His bicycle was left on the scene also......surely there are finger prints as well on his bicycle.

• Praise 1

I think she must have left many scratches on his body and maybe kicked his balls, just send message to all clinic in Singapore will do [laught]

• Praise 1

His bicycle was left on the scene also......surely there are finger prints as well on his bicycle.

Read the full story in Yahoo News ... her rescuers brought the abandoned bicycle into the condo premises, after the incident, while awaiting the police to arrive!

Stoopid!

That's a key accessory / evidence to the alleged outrage of modesty case!

• Praise 1

piew....... [sweatdrop]

For once, I thought it was MCFer, ChowYuenFatt as he stayed around that area ... :o

hmmmmm.......... afterall he was not that young ... [sly]

I moved out of West Coast long ago liao lar … But this piece of news is shocking indeed … :o

• Praise 1

Even in more upmarket condo area.

I know i will be flamed but here goes...

Upmarket????

Muayhahah.

Back to topic, importantly the girl is "unharmed"

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Upmarket????

Muayhahah.

Give chance lah D

• Praise 1

Upmarket????

Muayhahah.

NO LEH

West coast area for the poor people like me to live one

here singapore only Sentosa or D9/D10 condos upmarket one with the like of T2, Viceroy, Porker, Chowyunfat, Daywalker and Yatto stay one

Turbocharged

NO LEH

West coast area for the poor people like me to live one

here singapore only Sentosa or D9/D10 condos upmarket one with the like of T2, Viceroy, Porker, Chowyunfat, Daywalker and Yatto stay one

If west is for the poor, then I'm living in a slum liaw...hehehe...

↡ Advertisement