Iconic 1980 Lancer 1.4SL

Vinceng

It is not the 276hp Gentlemans Agreement. JDM models have electronic speed limiters to 180kph as well.

I think even their high end cars today are limited to 180kph stock regardless of speedo markings.

Agree,even JDM's GTR is "Limited" to 180 km/h in Japan,but the car has a special Sat-Nav,it will "Removed" the "Limiter" if it hit any approved race track in Japan..

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I doubt the top speed it can do 180 km/hr. The most 140 km/hr can steal laugh already. The 180 km/hr readout is for people to see until song only.

My uncle had a Gen 2 Lancer during 80s. Think it was blue & the speedo read till 180km/h.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

I doubt the top speed it can do 180 km/hr. The most 140 km/hr can steal laugh already. The 180 km/hr readout is for people to see until song only.

Agree. Just like my Getz speedo reads till 220kmh.....like real..... :D

Maybe only appl in other countries where modd is legal.

Actually I wouldn't mind. Next year can convert to classic plate scheme liao.

if you buy, don't convert next year, wait till 2019. 2009 COE only 3k, convert next year also get back 1.2k only. make full use of its current black plate status.

if you buy, don't convert next year, wait till 2019. 2009 COE only 3k, convert next year also get back 1.2k only. make full use of its current black plate status.

That is true also.

I drove this Lancer before. At 100km/h in top gear (4th gear), the engine is screaming, and the whole car floats like it's about to take off the road.

140km/h? No way. The 80 horses accelerates to max 120km/h, and no matter how you floor the pedal, the speedometer stays put.

It's predecessor was more powerful and had better road holding. 78C1.jpg

↡ Advertisement