• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
103 replies to this topic | 190 praises

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

ClassiCars
  • Premium member
    ClassiCars
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, 

I was just wondering approx how much would the premium for a 2005 WRX be if the driver is 21 years old and just pass TP? For example the WRX below.. Thanks!

http://www.sgcarmart...=392578&DL=2015

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

Hussaini20
  • Premium member
    Hussaini20
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

More or less 6k.. Or may not have company to insure. My advice, get a NA car for starters and build up your Ncd. Just endure 2 more yrs before your Rex insurance starts to be slightly realistic. Probably have the opportunity to save up for future replacements for your Rex.
Spring praised this

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

UncleAtas
  • UncleAtas
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Why do you need a WRX? 21yrs & just passed? Wouldn't be surprised if no insurance coy will insure you.

Spring praised this
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

Pms
  • Premium member
    Pms
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If owner no license than possible lah under insured not driving. Then put the new ricer kid as a rider in the insurance.
Spring praised this

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Astrid
  • Astrid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys, 

I was just wondering approx how much would the premium for a 2005 WRX be if the driver is 21 years old and just pass TP? For example the WRX below.. Thanks!

Errr ... just passed, 21-year old nia, want to hao lian in a Rex ah?
Are you sure you can handle the car and not end up hugging a tree? Hehe ...

Why not consider domesticated versions like the Latio or Jazz?
Insurance of these won't hurt your pocket one! ;-)
Tohto and Spring praised this

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

this type of question normally invite bashing [sweatdrop]

lucky posted on weekend and mcf is so mild nowadays :D
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just answer the premium cost.

will TS simply listen and don't get a rex just because you guys said so? 

drive responsibly is all I would say.

Hydrocarbon, Baal and Holdenutessv praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi guys, 

http://www.sgcarmart...=392578&DL=2015

Go for this instead... Much better...

http://m.sgcarmart.c...o.php?ID=381267

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

Kelvinh0
  • Kelvinh0
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

For wrx insure minimum aged is 23 and above
Spring praised this

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go for this instead... Much better...

http://m.sgcarmart.c...o.php?ID=381267

errr......see nothing leh, or is it me only [hur]

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm 36 yo. 50%+5% NCD. Never had any claim b4 since i passed class 3 in 1995. I'm presently paying $1500++ for my WRX $3300 excess.

Insurance company don't insure drivers under 25 yo for performance car. Even if they do, u will be looking at $8k -$ 10k insurance premium for the rex.

My 28yo friend recently gave up his FD2R Civic type R cos his insurance renewal is $9.5k (he's involved in an accident last yr which is NOT his fault)

Hi guys, 

http://www.sgcarmart...amp;amp;DL=2015

Edited by Aaronlkl, 23 March 2014 - 04:50 PM.

Baal, 2BDriver, Spring and Toothiewabbit praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

errr......see nothing leh, or is it me only [hur]

Must be due to mobile format..

This should work.... Hehe..
http://www.sgcarmart...o.php?ID=381267

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Bird5011
  • Premium member
    Bird5011
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I'm 36 yo. 50%+5% NCD. Never had any claim b4 since i passed class 3 in 1995. I'm presently paying $1500++ for my WRX $3300 excess.

Insurance company don't insure drivers under 25 yo for performance car. Even if they do, u will be looking at $8k -$ 10k insurance premium for the rex.

Hi bro..which insurance company you are insured?

Adapt..Engage..Dominate

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi bro..which insurance company you are insured?

AIG. Only the few big insurance company insures the rex. Most don't even consider!

Edited by Aaronlkl, 23 March 2014 - 04:54 PM.

"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The Dec 15 Rex is a very good deal at <$6k annual dep.

Maybe can register car under dad name for lower premiums.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The Dec 15 Rex is a very good deal at <$6k annual dep.

Maybe can register car under dad name for lower premiums.

Insurance companies are already wise to this and if "dad" wants to have un-named drivers or add his 21-year-old son, the premium still goes up. Otherwise to get a low premium rate, there may be a specific clause that excludes young drivers.

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Young boys very rich!
$6k for car, est $6k for insurance = $12k already.

Get a used 2005 Audi also cost the same.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Young boys very rich!

And haven't figured in road tax ($2k), petrol (98 octane) easily $500 a month given the WRX's thirst, the inevitable mods, and time and money spent at workshops doing upgrades, repair, and/or servicing.

You practically need to hold a full time job just to upkeep the darn thing. Or be the son of a rich man, which basically means that his pocket money will pay for the car.

Baal praised this

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My 28yo friend recently gave up his FD2R Civic type R cos his insurance renewal is $9.5k (he's involved in an accident last yr which is NOT his fault)

True my insurance for W212 is 7-8k, under AXA. Some quote 9k plus. Bo pian car registered under my name. 23 and Never had any claim before
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Young boys very rich!

Insurance premium is payable annually and if paid by credit card, can morph into monthly instalments. 2005 Audi needs to pay 50% cash upfront, same math but very different ball game.

But why pay 6k for insurance, might as well get a bigger cc car and pay more road taxes, at least you get more bang for your buck.
Jamesc praised this

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users