Average Insurance For a 2005 WRX

ClassiCars

More or less 6k.. Or may not have company to insure. My advice, get a NA car for starters and build up your Ncd. Just endure 2 more yrs before your Rex insurance starts to be slightly realistic. Probably have the opportunity to save up for future replacements for your Rex.

• Praise 1

If owner no license than possible lah under insured not driving. Then put the new ricer kid as a rider in the insurance.

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

I was just wondering approx how much would the premium for a 2005 WRX be if the driver is 21 years old and just pass TP? For example the WRX below.. Thanks!

Errr ... just passed, 21-year old nia, want to hao lian in a Rex ah?

Are you sure you can handle the car and not end up hugging a tree? Hehe ...

Why not consider domesticated versions like the Latio or Jazz?

Insurance of these won't hurt your pocket one! ;-)

• Praise 2

just answer the premium cost.

will TS simply listen and don't get a rex just because you guys said so?

drive responsibly is all I would say.

• Praise 3

I'm 36 yo. 50%+5% NCD. Never had any claim b4 since i passed class 3 in 1995. I'm presently paying $1500++ for my WRX $3300 excess.

Insurance company don't insure drivers under 25 yo for performance car. Even if they do, u will be looking at $8k -$ 10k insurance premium for the rex.

My 28yo friend recently gave up his FD2R Civic type R cos his insurance renewal is $9.5k (he's involved in an accident last yr which is NOT his fault)

Hi guys,

I was just wondering approx how much would the premium for a 2005 WRX be if the driver is 21 years old and just pass TP? For example the WRX below.. Thanks!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=392578&DL=2015

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 4

I'm 36 yo. 50%+5% NCD. Never had any claim b4 since i passed class 3 in 1995. I'm presently paying $1500++ for my WRX $3300 excess.

Insurance company don't insure drivers under 25 yo for performance car. Even if they do, u will be looking at $8k -$ 10k insurance premium for the rex.

Hi bro..which insurance company you are insured?

Hi bro..which insurance company you are insured?

AIG. Only the few big insurance company insures the rex. Most don't even consider!

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

The Dec 15 Rex is a very good deal at <$6k annual dep.

Maybe can register car under dad name for lower premiums.

The Dec 15 Rex is a very good deal at <$6k annual dep.

Maybe can register car under dad name for lower premiums.

Insurance companies are already wise to this and if "dad" wants to have un-named drivers or add his 21-year-old son, the premium still goes up. Otherwise to get a low premium rate, there may be a specific clause that excludes young drivers.

Young boys very rich!

$6k for car, est $6k for insurance = $12k already.

Get a used 2005 Audi also cost the same.

And haven't figured in road tax ($2k), petrol (98 octane) easily $500 a month given the WRX's thirst, the inevitable mods, and time and money spent at workshops doing upgrades, repair, and/or servicing.

You practically need to hold a full time job just to upkeep the darn thing. Or be the son of a rich man, which basically means that his pocket money will pay for the car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1