Average Insurance For a 2005 WRX

ClassiCars

act when i saw some of the comments i wonder why 20yo cannot own W. TS is in some kind of priviledged position why mus wear him down.

Because the laws of physics apply to everyone - the tree you're going to wrap your WRX around won't become a soft fluffy cushion just because you're a rich man's son.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thought Bunta (the father) is the one driving WRX? Takumi driving Trueno AE86.

yes but later episodes takumi also drives the blue sti.

Takumi drove AE86..

WRX depre is low, some from 6.5-8K can get already, which is about as low as a Lancer 1.6, but the insurance is the killer. I considered it before, but then the insurance.... 8-9K for me.. ZZZZZZZZ...

nice pic! ya tats y our TS is checking out insurance before taking the plunge. my fren went for the rex too aft considering fr this angle and he never looked back. 6k depn for a 6yo 2.5 manual.

Because the laws of physics apply to everyone - the tree you're going to wrap your WRX around won't become a soft fluffy cushion just because you're a rich man's son.

going fast never killed anyone. it's the stopping that kills you.

no la bro...tats as stereotype as saying all taxi drivers r fr hell....i mean nobody here knows the TS, he could well b the more mature kind but everybody only think 20yo + wrx = wrap tree, 100%, one day.

nice pic! ya tats y our TS is checking out insurance before taking the plunge. my fren went for the rex too aft considering fr this angle and he never looked back. 6k depn for a 6yo 2.5 manual.

Woah, good depre leh.. Almost same as a lot of Lancer or under some Vios / City Vtec.. Even Swift 1.5 some also higher than 6/6.5..

May I ask how old your friend / NCD / driving experience / Insurance? If can't nvm.. =D

going fast never killed anyone. it's the stopping that kills you.

-Jeremy Clarkson! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] Can't up you liao, no power ..

no la bro...tats as stereotype as saying all taxi drivers r fr hell....i mean nobody here knows the TS, he could well b the more mature kind but everybody only think 20yo + wrx = wrap tree, 100%, one day.

True la.. He could be mature.. Plus, not all 20 yo are reckless drivers.. I'm in this thread coz I interested in the topic only, haha..

• Praise 1

Woah, good depre leh.. Almost same as a lot of Lancer or under some Vios / City Vtec.. Even Swift 1.5 some also higher than 6/6.5..

May I ask how old your friend / NCD / driving experience / Insurance? If can't nvm.. =D

-Jeremy Clarkson! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] Can't up you liao, no power ..

True la.. He could be mature.. Plus, not all 20 yo are reckless drivers.. I'm in this thread coz I interested in the topic only, haha..

i up you then. lol

• Praise 1

Yes when i was 20 i do drive more careful than 21 :D

Each time I see a young driver and a powerful car, I am reminded of a post on the BMW M5 forum back in 2008:

A forum member posted on the M5 boards (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/111454-rough-shifts-m-mode.html). He identified himself as being 18, to which more-experienced drivers commented about his age, length of driving experience, and advised him to exercise caution. Others said to leave him alone, he sounded like he knew what he was doing, he was humble and he seemed to take the advice in good spirit.

The following are excerpts of his responses:

"that could be a good assumption but the fact that I never drove a manual car before may be true, but Ive been drivingicon1.png for a lot longer than two years buddy."

"I completley (sic) understand where you are coming from assuming that I am irresponsible..that is definetly understandable. I do sometimes make bad decisions but I am young and I do drive safe and I will not endanger the lives of others..and I hope you are not under the impression that I am the one to brag"

This is what happened a day later:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1025417_five-youths-killed-in-bmw-m5-crash

"Ammirato posted messages on a M5 forum only 12 hours before the crash seeking adviceicon1.png on how to shift gears smoothly when the car was in its max 500hp setting. Some of his posts included: "The problem is when I'm going pedal to the metal pushing 140 and upshifting, there tends to be thud noise with the gear change," and “I am beginner when it comes to high performanceicon1.png cars as I am only 18”.

Sure, there are plenty of privileged guys who survived their youth of fast cars, but those that don't, crash and burn spectacularly. I'm sorry that I bring up the memory of this case but as the Chinese saying goes, "One does not cry till one sees the coffin." Inexperienced drivers who haven't learned how to handle a 100hp car properly fancied themselves master of a 250hp (conservative) WRX?

The only wise thing that the guy did was to take the car onto an airstrip. Too bad he took 4 of his friends with him.

• Praise 3

Each time I see a young driver and a powerful car, I am reminded of a post on the BMW M5 forum back in 2008:

A forum member posted on the M5 boards (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/111454-rough-shifts-m-mode.html). He identified himself as being 18, to which more-experienced drivers commented about his age, length of driving experience, and advised him to exercise caution. Others said to leave him alone, he sounded like he knew what he was doing, he was humble and he seemed to take the advice in good spirit.

The following are excerpts of his responses:

"that could be a good assumption but the fact that I never drove a manual car before may be true, but Ive been drivingicon1.png for a lot longer than two years buddy."

"I completley (sic) understand where you are coming from assuming that I am irresponsible..that is definetly understandable. I do sometimes make bad decisions but I am young and I do drive safe and I will not endanger the lives of others..and I hope you are not under the impression that I am the one to brag"

This is what happened a day later:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1025417_five-youths-killed-in-bmw-m5-crash

"Ammirato posted messages on a M5 forum only 12 hours before the crash seeking adviceicon1.png on how to shift gears smoothly when the car was in its max 500hp setting. Some of his posts included: "The problem is when I'm going pedal to the metal pushing 140 and upshifting, there tends to be thud noise with the gear change," and “I am beginner when it comes to high performanceicon1.png cars as I am only 18”.

Sure, there are plenty of privileged guys who survived their youth of fast cars, but those that don't, crash and burn spectacularly. I'm sorry that I bring up the memory of this case but as the Chinese saying goes, "One does not cry till one sees the coffin." Inexperienced drivers who haven't learned how to handle a 100hp car properly fancied themselves master of a 250hp (conservative) WRX?

The only wise thing that the guy did was to take the car onto an airstrip. Too bad he took 4 of his friends with him.

when you are young. you feel fearless and death is but something that happens to others far far away...

Best bang per buck?

Mazda 6 MPS 2.3T for $2200 with Aviva - stock to stock eats WRX for breakfast.

Depreciation during the time I bought the car, $6000 per year.

WRX, $5500 per year.

Now MPS trades at $10k per year so it is out of the question already.

Alternative cars with higher BHP with lower insurance

Forester & Legacy.

Might as well add in eats WRX for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late supper [sweatdrop]:ph34r:

Any cars can also wrap around tree.. [flowerface][sunny]

• Praise 4

Supersonic

And haven't figured in road tax ($2k), petrol (98 octane) easily $500 a month given the WRX's thirst, the inevitable mods, and time and money spent at workshops doing upgrades, repair, and/or servicing.

You practically need to hold a full time job just to upkeep the darn thing. Or be the son of a rich man, which basically means that his pocket money will pay for the car.

The repair likely killer.

Normally such cars, the pev owner wil lup until cui cui before letting go. If coe is till 2015, by the time done repairing, coe finish.....

Might as well add in eats WRX for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late supper [sweatdrop]:ph34r:

Any cars can also wrap around tree.. [flowerface][sunny]

Its the type of drivers performance cars attracts. Just like fairing bikes.

• Praise 1

Cool down ..... Abit abit want to jio people for "drag race" between Rex and Mazda 6???

Want to race or want to die, please go elsewhere, don't harm the innocence!!

Tell me for what? I'm not the wrx driver nor do I need to challenge anyone.

Tell it to the challenging guy.

Tell me for what? I'm not the wrx driver nor do I need to challenge anyone.

Tell it to the challenging guy.

lol you quoted......he thought you jio-ing~~~~~~~

• Praise 1

Thanks for sharing!

IMHO, better to upgrade from one level to the next.. BnB 100-125, then 180 then up up up.. If gave me a WRX at 18 or 21, I would probably wrap it around something in less than a year's time.. Though, that was me, not generalising.

True my insurance for W212 is 7-8k, under AXA. Some quote 9k plus. Bo pian car registered under my name. 23 and Never had any claim before

A friend of mine just passed TP at 19(?) and got himself a W212 Cabriolet. Insurance 10k, some of the company don't want to insure him.

A friend of mine just passed TP at 19(?) and got himself a W212 Cabriolet. Insurance 10k, some of the company don't want to insure him.

Next time ask ur friend put the car under his dad name, first driver his dad second is him. I think can reduce by half but since he so rich 19 can drive w212 cabri, 10k mean nth to him lol

Next time ask ur friend put the car under his dad name, first driver his dad second is him. I think can reduce by half but since he so rich 19 can drive w212 cabri, 10k mean nth to him lol

Hmm, I wonder why he never thought of this... :huh: But I think 10k is nothing to him cos his parents is operating used car business. :ph34r:

Hmm, I wonder why he never thought of this... :huh: But I think 10k is nothing to him cos his parents is operating used car business. :ph34r:

Chey i think he just pick any of the used car in his dad showroom and drove off lol

One car profit more than 10k already, especially if his dad own supercar and expensive used cars showroom

↡ Advertisement