Average Insurance For a 2005 WRX

ClassiCars

Lucky friend! I ever thought of working as Valet or those send people home after club type, get to drive the higher end cars. But too lazy to take up PT job.. Haha..

I will support you! But please give me discount! [laugh]

Thanks for the info! I think maybe around that age then I get the performance cars the insurance wouldn't be so killer.

Can i can give u discount but some parts of the car i take off [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

sounds like you have the mindset to be a car dealer [thumbsup]

I don't care when buying car. When buying car, I want make sure the salesman know what he doing, chio bu but no brains to help me is no use.

Mai la, I scared, I buy the car, first day happy, then next weekend, car missing! Hahahaha..

I can assure you most of the salesmen know more than what they are doing, the main thing is we may not know what they try to hide from us... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Comparatively la bro. Isn't it more like the 335 to a 318, compared to the massive jump between an M3 and 318? I meant, in that respect heh.

Isn't a WRX then also a B&B car given its Impreza underpinnings?

The massive jump you mention is simply because the 1.6 was so crappy in the first place - too much weight for too little power.

• Praise 1

Wise thoughts!! But if you really must jump the gun and own a car 250hp or above and skip the 100, 125, I can keep it for you / drive you around in it, until you are older. Promise will take good care of it before passing it back to you. [grin]

Naah, no thanks.. I'll slowly go upwards when I'm ready.. And I'm aiming for just a 138 bhp car.. But insurance also high..

haha dun worry la...S7 has a E9 ok [sly]

Serious? [thumbsup]

Then some of the price I take off also... HAHAHAHA.. In the end, no car no money..

I can assure you most of the salesmen know more than what they are doing, the main thing is we may not know what they try to hide from us... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

I target the more niche cars, some salesman really dunno about the cars sia.. True about the hiding part though.. Yikes..

Turbocharged

I target the more niche cars, some salesman really dunno about the cars sia.. True about the hiding part though.. Yikes..

Talking about niche cars in their showrooms, some clueless salesmen tried to sian and I had to control myself not to laugh at the nonsense they spoke about these cars. :D[laugh]

Hi i am the 21 year old who started this thread, the reason i askedi s because based on the price and depreciation of the WRX it seemed very tempting. I however am not a big fan of the WRX, My taste is more on vintage cars. The WRX seemed to be the most exciting car in the price range, however based on the insurance costs and possible repair bills, i think i would be better off with a Ford Focus or Nissan Latio. Both seem to be in the same price range. Can i ask, how do i calculate the current paper value of a car based on the OMV and COE? Also when scrap i can take back 55% of the OMV is it? Like for example the Ford Focus below, what would the paper value be?

P.S, Im looking for cars with COE till about end 2015 as ill be heading overseas for studies after. Any recommendation for cars with low insurance costs?

Thank you for the help and advice. I Appreciate it :)

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=395757&DL=2043

Oh and also, will i be expecting crazy repair bills if i buy a 9 year old car?

Hi i am the 21 year old who started this thread, the reason i askedi s because based on the price and depreciation of the WRX it seemed very tempting. I however am not a big fan of the WRX, My taste is more on vintage cars. The WRX seemed to be the most exciting car in the price range, however based on the insurance costs and possible repair bills, i think i would be better off with a Ford Focus or Nissan Latio. Both seem to be in the same price range. Can i ask, how do i calculate the current paper value of a car based on the OMV and COE? Also when scrap i can take back 55% of the OMV is it? Like for example the Ford Focus below, what would the paper value be?

P.S, Im looking for cars with COE till about end 2015 as ill be heading overseas for studies after. Any recommendation for cars with low insurance costs?

10k depreciation for 9yr old ford abit ridiculous....

Then some of the price I take off also... HAHAHAHA.. In the end, no car no money..

Then i give u the steering wheel only ok bo? [laugh}

I only say its better to get toyota altis or sunny as spare parts will be easier to get also cheaper than Ford

How long do you intend to drive for before you go overseas? If less than a year, I suggest you rent a car instead. Many of the smaller operators can rent you an older car for 1k per mth or less. You don't worry about maintenance and repairs and financing and all the paperwork etc. Might be cheaper than buying a car with 6-8k depreciation.

For paper value, the COE is pro-rated on a straight line basis - e.g. 10 yr = 100%, 5 yr left = 50% 0 yr = Zero.

For OMV, you get back 55% if the car was registered before 08. After sometime in 08, you get back 50%. This is because at 10 years, the rebate is 50% of ARF paid. And ARF changed from 110% (50% of 110 = 55%) to 100% sometime around 08.

Just look at the log car of any car. The log car will specify the minimum rebate you get at 10 years. Its an LTA document so more reliable than whatever the shitty salesman will tell you.

If you are 21, drive safely mate. I was 21 once and at that age, natural tendency is to feel like Takumi and think reflexes and skill very good. Never injured myself I think mainly due to luck. So many times push car to limit and nearly lost it badly. Anyway, you might be different but just drive safe ok?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Can i ask, how do i calculate the current paper value of a car based on the OMV and COE? Also when scrap i can take back 55% of the OMV is it? Like for example the Ford Focus below, what would the paper value be?

can use my spreadsheet below...

Wrx now insurance cheap

U can try nine 362 3352 for insurance. He has like multiple insurance companies. If urgent just let him know. Or already have a renewal premium from agent, 2nd year can buy yourself or some AD allow u to purchase 1st year if u know how to do it.

His name is?

Anyone of u guys in the what's app group chat ?? Need to renew my dad bmw 2GT insurance 2nd year and guys in chat group say looks for Darrence nine 362 3352 who give members a good insurance premium ??

Is it this one his name?

↡ Advertisement