JEM: Power cut lasted 11hrs

Babyt

First, there were fires. Then a ceiling fell in. And on Friday, Jem shopping mall was hit by a power cut which lasted 11 hours.

A media statement by Jem said some retailers on the third level and basement one of the Jurong East shopping centre were affected, and that a technical team attended to the power failure immediately.

The disruption occurred from around 7am to 6pm, according to Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao.

At least 36 shops on basement one were operating in darkness, said the report. The mall's website lists 60 businesses on that level. At least three shops also put up notices to say that they were going to close earlier because of the power shortage.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/jem-shopping-mall-jurong-east-hit-11-hour-power-failure-friday-2014032

Edited by Babyt
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

That place is haunted.

Haunted in the sense things you bought there became leaves and food you ate became worms?

But if the whole building appears in total darkness one night, it does give the creepy feeling if that shopping center was ever opened, similiar to those in bolehland.

That place is haunted.

i concur. I felt a bit queasy there when i last went there 3 wks ago.

The place that I felt a more uneasy was near the money changer near the food court.

Turbocharged

The place that I felt a more uneasy was near the money changer near the food court.

I feel major QUEASY when I'm beside you you hantu bangla [laugh]

• Praise 1

I feel major QUEASY when I'm beside you you hantu bangla [laugh]

nb, and you n that poondeh make me feel greasy....ewwwwwwww [laugh][laugh]

First, there were fires. Then a ceiling fell in. And on Friday, Jem shopping mall was hit by a power cut which lasted 11 hours.

A media statement by Jem said some retailers on the third level and basement one of the Jurong East shopping centre were affected, and that a technical team attended to the power failure immediately.

The disruption occurred from around 7am to 6pm, according to Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao.

At least 36 shops on basement one were operating in darkness, said the report. The mall's website lists 60 businesses on that level. At least three shops also put up notices to say that they were going to close earlier because of the power shortage.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/jem-shopping-mall-jurong-east-hit-11-hour-power-failure-friday-2014032

Best shopping center in Singapore, some say bintan and batam too

They forgot to mention the glass door that suddenly shattered near H&M as well.

The developer must have hired all the cut cost contractors to do shoddy work.

They forgot to mention the glass door that suddenly shattered near H&M as well.

The developer must have hired all the cut cost contractors to do shoddy work.

This is the trouble these days.

I look out over a construction site and some of the shoddy unsupervised practices I see are unbelievable.

Workmen are usually FT.

But supervision is Singaporean?? but I reckon they must be down in coffeeshops most of the time.

jem ... is it really bad luck or this shows that newly built building really cannot make it ... lousy quality

i do believe in luck but i am a strong believer that shit happens for a reason ...

Edited by Wt_know

You have special powers to sense such things

Great power comes with great responsibility...

As for you, you are just a ghost magnet...hahahahaa...

Supercharged

You have special powers to sense such things

Great power comes with great responsibility...

As for you, you are just a ghost magnet...hahahahaa...

In his job, he made a lot of friends from the underworld.......

The owner should ask monks and priests to come and bless the place.....

That place is haunted.

no wonder after parking my car and get out of the car, i felt a chilly wind blowing at me.

↡ Advertisement