Advice on Accident Claims & Repair.

R_ole

Hey Guys,

Got into a minor accident this evening, where my mitsubishi lancer EX hit the back of a 04' Toyota Corolla Altis. Just need some help to get an estimate for the repairs on the Altis..

Was at the junction to turn left, stopped behid the altis cos there's still on coming traffic, but thought he would drive off cos saw him moving off.. But too bad I was checking for on coming traffice never notice he stop so bang into him. Though i never accelerate, but damage seems quite bad for the altis.

Basically the right part of the bumper slightly dislodged and some scratches on the back bumper. But this "helpful" driver came along pointed that the boot cannot close & "recommend" to bring to his workshop to repair. Anyway, the driver said he prefered to send back to BM. So arrange to meet him with at BM tmr morning to check the damages. Just want to get a heads up, as understand that will kana chop. Depending on cost will contempt on private settlement vs claiming insurance.

On a separate note, was looking at past forums boot not closing properly for the altis quite common, so not sure how the cost of damages would be like..

Thank hyou in advance should you revert. :)

↡ Advertisement

it doesn't matter if you accelerate or common case where boot not closing properly for altis.
when you kissed the vehicle that is in front in you...you're liable to pay full cost for whatever damage third party says.

But the surveyors from both parties will survey the damage before agreeing on the damages that the party proposed.

just let your insurance settle this case bah
HOPEFULLY around 10k plus..minus...see what third party want to change and claim against your policy.

SOME of them even will claim "personal injuries" (probably around 20k) when they didn't even suffer any at the point of accident...

hoho..this is suay lo

1) if is me..i will say change the bumper, booth also change. normally if insurance say cannot, coz car is old, i can say knock back plus spray paint, plus change the booth lock/catch..that one must change new.

2) leave the car there to repair, i can claim loss of income for the duration of repair, car rental charges coz have to wait for the liability to clear..

3) if they wan cb a bit..go doctor take mc..then medical bills involved..if they were to go doc take mc, you would be required to make police report..i think tp will call you go down as that what happens to my colleague..then summon and 3 demerit points will be given.

all in all...if the bill is too much, ie more that 2k for repair, i think you lan lan suck thumb, go insurance claim..then pray to whichever you are praying that he dun be cb and chut stun go take mc..

good luck bro..