So 2,411,188 Can Vote In SG

Picnic06-Biante15

CNA news: Elections Department says 2,411,188 electors in registers

SINGAPORE: Singapore now has a total of 2,411,188 electors in the registers.

The Elections Department said the revised registers have been certified as of 27 Mar 2014, and are available for public inspection.

Singapore citizens may check their particulars in the registers at the following places.

- online at the Elections Department website;
- at community centres or clubs (with NRIC/passport);
- at Singapore overseas missions that serve as overseas polling stations (with NRIC/passport); and
- at the Elections Department itself at Prinsep Street (with NRIC/passport).

However, the Elections Department said those whose names were removed, known as non-voters, from the registers for failing to vote at a previous election may still apply to have their names restored, so that they can vote at future elections.

They are encouraged to apply early, as applications will close with the issue of the writ of election.

Non-voters may apply to have their names restored to the registers of electors online at the Elections Department website, or in person at community centres or clubs, Singapore overseas missions that serve as overseas polling stations, and at the Elections Department.

Overseas Singaporeans, whose names are listed in the registers of electors and have resided in Singapore for at least 30 days during the three-year period between 1 Feb 2011 and 31 Jan 2014 may also apply to register as overseas electors and vote at overseas polling stations in future elections.

Overseas Singaporeans are also encouraged to register early as registration will close once the writ of election is issued.

The Elections Department said re-registration as an overseas elector is required with each revision of the registers.

Under the law, the registers may be revised from time to time, but in any case not later than three years after the last general election.

- CNA/de

link: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/elections-department-says/1050354.html

SG got 5 million plus peoples but only about 50% can vote ....

Kang Tau ji - 2411 & 1188 .... [smash][smash]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

SG got 5 million plus peoples but only about 50% can vote ....

Some don't register, and some last GE never vote so name got strike out!

Turbocharged

Some don't register, and some last GE never vote so name got strike out!

More like kids+PRs+foreigners cannot vote lah

i checked wiki...last election 2, 060,000++ with total turnout at 93.18%. Sg suddenly have 2, 411, 118. Wah...suddenly so many SG gina grow up har?

• Praise 1

i checked wiki...last election 2, 060,000++ with total turnout at 93.18%. Sg suddenly have 2, 411, 118. Wah...suddenly so many SG gina grow up har?

some of these ginas probably look overgrown [grin]

Turbocharged

and they probably dont speak Singlish and talk with a funny accent!

They probably have been brain washed to worship Flash Gordon and thinks Thor is a villain.

Edited by TJX
  • Praise 2

They probably have been brain washed to worship Flash Gordon and thinks Thor is a villain.

les hope Thor strikes them with lightning and his hammer......hammer time!

Supersonic

ne1 can recall for last GE, between announcement of of number of electors & call for GE, what was the interval?

Turbocharged

Aiya, what else?

If not enough, import some more lor.

Cheap tactic.

• Praise 3

Aiya, what else?

If not enough, import some more lor.

Cheap tactic.

dont say like that lei....our gov is whiter than white....i am sure they dont think that way unless got one big black stain in their whiter than white uniform! Cb....i use chlorox oso my white shirt neber get so white. maybe they use dynamo liquid cleaner! But they still have 2 yrs to add on. Thats why i bought the No To 6.9 Mirrion decal!
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

and they probably dont speak Singlish and talk with a funny accent!

Such instant citizenship!! Shouldnt voting right be granted separately, say only 5 years after citizenship so that these new citizens have a chance to learn about this country with the 5 years by actually living here? Otherwise the once floodgate opens, more instant citizens will be created in time for the next GE. I could be wrong though.

• Praise 3

Lets take the latest count on PE in 2012. In 2 years, 400k peoples can vote and given the birth rates in SG of 50k per year. At most extra 100k peoples niah .... :ph34r:

• Praise 1

Lets take the latest count on PE in 2012. In 2 years, 400k peoples can vote and given the birth rates in SG of 50k per year. At most extra 100k peoples niah .... :ph34r:

wah...u forget how many death per year har? and our birthrate had been falling for sometime! we should be shrinking right? and actually they are counting those that are eligible for voting....21 yo and above! Edited by Eviilusion

When you have a bitter coffee but run out of sugar to sweeten it, what will you do? You add more water.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3