Saab cars

oolongcha1985

me too...when my present saab departs me.

needed a bigger car like S80

why you keep copying me? [sweatdrop]

but the S80 hor... really very comfortable.....

↡ Advertisement

why you keep copying me? [sweatdrop]

but the S80 hor... really very comfortable.....

cos you posted before me mah.... :D

i am in luv with Swedish car and they are most importantly, a sleeper one [cool]

(edited)

cos you posted before me mah.... :D

i am in luv with Swedish car and they are most importantly, a sleeper one [cool]

ya agree on the sleep part... so comfortable until fall asleep [cool]

wanted aim this baby but before i can do anything... owner say reserved liao [bigcry]

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=396470&DL=1000

Edited by Galantspeedz

but if there is a .......maybe, just maybe.....

attachicon.gif9-5.jpg

though may not be as sleeper as a saab, nonetheless swee!!!!!

the saab looks good leh... but i see on road like not that swee... i think is camera angle + photoshop haha

the saab looks good leh... but i see on road like not that swee... i think is camera angle + photoshop haha

Always drool over the new 95. swee n classy!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hello guys

I been milling around this forum for the past few weeks on Saab topics as i am intending to get one before they disappear forever. I have loved them since young, and I have a profession that has been always stereotyped as a Saab driver .. and proud of it!

Unfortunately as I have no car now, I am unable to register on Saabstance.

I am looking at a 2006-2007 Saab 9-3 LPT, and will appreciate if you guys can provide some insight. I understand it is not a japanese car and is very willing to fork out more for just to drive it.

1. Will Griffin or any equivalent workshop be able to do a pre-purchase inspection for me?

2. What are the usual things that can means trouble I should look out for in terms of a 9-3 on a test drive?

3. Is there any 'car body' value upon deregistration since it is an acquired taste?

4. Wil $2k a year budget be enough fo repairs and servicing?

5. Is any Saab above 100k mileage too high a risk to own?

6. Is there anywhere to find this used 10 spoke 17 inch Saab rims in SIngapore? I feel the 9-3 will be incomplete w/o it somehow. .

post-131083-0-96528400-1399002654.jpg

Currently there are only two 9-3 for sale at the 2006-07 age, but I have time to look around.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Goonie
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

go register at saabstance, many lobang there.

Saab is here to stay, why disappear leh???

I have no car at the moment as I just relocated back home, so I cannot register somehow.

Well I personally feel that they will never be soulfully the same after the takeover. Hopefully I am wrong.

I have no car at the moment as I just relocated back home, so I cannot register somehow.

Well I personally feel that they will never be soulfully the same after the takeover. Hopefully I am wrong.

well the truth is when GM took over and expected the people at Trollhattan to cooperate with their philosophy, they were wrong until they gave up.

something never change for Saab

erm bro how much is your budget? if not why not try a later year of the saab? depending on which model..convertible or sedan..there is a few later years...

from now you drive..if you get a 07 model....only like say 2 years plus to enjoy your ride? plus..if you planning to take a loan...spread over 2 years...if not you wan pay full cash..well..still...

its me..but im still looking and hunting at a later model lol..preferably 09 and above..its just me though lol got weird mindset.

btw dun go saab forum lol..you will regret..got poison just by trolling their postings lol...inferority complex will arises hahahaha...then more poison will come in

Supercharged

1. galantspeed brought his saab to griffin for pre-purchase inspection

2. harder to specify exactly plus most dealers would have kept a lid on such problems

3. I think quite difficult to fetch any since acquired taste. but if you paid so much cheaper during purchase, this $1-2k doesn't bother you. or if you could be like another gungho owner, he strip out all the parts during deregistration and sells them. I believe these sale of parts should net at least $2k

4. generally sufficient. this year I am running closer to that as I changed my suspension and related parts. so far about $1600. I think $400 is sufficient to last me for this year as my next servicing most likely is standard mill affair costing me $150-200

5. mine is currently 7-year old and 124k mileage. It is in good health.

Hello guys

I been milling around this forum for the past few weeks on Saab topics as i am intending to get one before they disappear forever. I have loved them since young, and I have a profession that has been always stereotyped as a Saab driver .. and proud of it!

Unfortunately as I have no car now, I am unable to register on Saabstance.

I am looking at a 2006-2007 Saab 9-3 LPT, and will appreciate if you guys can provide some insight. I understand it is not a japanese car and is very willing to fork out more for just to drive it.

1. Will Griffin or any equivalent workshop be able to do a pre-purchase inspection for me?

2. What are the usual things that can means trouble I should look out for in terms of a 9-3 on a test drive?

3. Is there any 'car body' value upon deregistration since it is an acquired taste?

4. Wil $2k a year budget be enough fo repairs and servicing?

5. Is any Saab above 100k mileage too high a risk to own?

6. Is there anywhere to find this used 10 spoke 17 inch Saab rims in SIngapore? I feel the 9-3 will be incomplete w/o it somehow. .

attachicon.gifsaab rims.JPG

Currently there are only two 9-3 for sale at the 2006-07 age, but I have time to look around.

Thank you very much.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

erm bro how much is your budget? if not why not try a later year of the saab? depending on which model..convertible or sedan..there is a few later years...

from now you drive..if you get a 07 model....only like say 2 years plus to enjoy your ride? plus..if you planning to take a loan...spread over 2 years...if not you wan pay full cash..well..still...

its me..but im still looking and hunting at a later model lol..preferably 09 and above..its just me though lol got weird mindset.

btw dun go saab forum lol..you will regret..got poison just by trolling their postings lol...inferority complex will arises hahahaha...then more poison will come in

I am actually looking for a 9-3 sedan for the looks over the SC or a convertible.

I set myself about $20k for downpayment, and it is more the desire then a immediate need. I will not use it to drive to work, but more for leisure. With that note it is fortunate that I can wait around for a good deal. I am ok as long as there is about 2 years left.

Edited by Goonie

Neutral Newbie

1. galantspeed brought his saab to griffin for pre-purchase inspection

2. harder to specify exactly plus most dealers would have kept a lid on such problems

3. I think quite difficult to fetch any since acquired taste. but if you paid so much cheaper during purchase, this $1-2k doesn't bother you. or if you could be like another gungho owner, he strip out all the parts during deregistration and sells them. I believe these sale of parts should net at least $2k

4. generally sufficient. this year I am running closer to that as I changed my suspension and related parts. so far about $1600. I think $400 is sufficient to last me for this year as my next servicing most likely is standard mill affair costing me $150-200

5. mine is currently 7-year old and 124k mileage. It is in good health.

Thanks for the helpful information.

I went around AML yesterday just to look around, and when I left i still wanted a 9-3, even after a close buddy friend car dealer warned me to stay away.

Thanks for the helpful information.

I went around AML yesterday just to look around, and when I left i still wanted a 9-3, even after a close buddy friend car dealer warned me to stay away.

You trust a dealer words?

See what he says when he has one to sell.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

You trust a dealer words?

See what he says when he has one to sell.

He is a close friend of mine and only sells top range new vehicles. His advice is actually do not even get a car unless I need it.

I am aware of how those dealers swing to the same hymn sheet when they need to offload.

↡ Advertisement