Air con not cold

Cutelmo

Turbocharged

How about you wind-down the windows a bit (at the same time full blast the aircon at the coldest temp)....and drive off. Then 5 mins later fully wind-up the window and see if it works. This is to let the hot air inside "escape" out....

I do that at times when my car is parked under hot sun ...and usually it works. [:)]

I remember someone posted a video here on a Jap guy demonstrating that opening and closing the door quickly helps to lower the high temperature down in double short time. I tried. It works. [thumbsup] But you will look like an idiot when you are doing it. :D

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I remember someone posted a video here on a Jap guy demonstrating that opening and closing the door quickly helps to lower the high temperature down in double short time. I tried. It works. [thumbsup] But you will look like an idiot when you are doing it. :D

How many times should i open and close the door quickly? [confused]

Supersonic

How about you wind-down the windows a bit (at the same time full blast the aircon at the coldest temp)....and drive off. Then 5 mins later fully wind-up the window and see if it works. This is to let the hot air inside "escape" out....

I do that at times when my car is parked under hot sun ...and usually it works. [:)]

No le, the thing now is the air blow out from the air-con vents not very cold, only when the car is expose to hot sun whole day. The air-con air take very long to become cold! But when the car is parked under shelter, no such problem.

if air con not cold , mean all the while not cold, when running or stopping

go to work shop ask them check your gas, the gauge will show the pressure, if pressure is high and still not cold, mean something spoil.

then u ask them procees to check your compressor if its moving, if compressor is moving and not cold,

ok u procees to ram your pedal, speed up the compressor, see if any different, if after ramming become slightly better, comfirm plus chop, compresss weak or damage etc

next to check if your air-con fan or radiator fan is it running? normally if fan not running or weak,

the sign is when u are speeding like 90, u feel cold, then traffic light stop, become hot.

then if u check all is ok, gas, enough, fan moving, but compressor not moving, then u take a hammer hit the compressor see if got reaction. most compressor in front got a magnetic clutch, if it cannot work , not cold also.

if still compressor cannot run, then more troubleshooting to do, check your a/c relay , wiring,

another example, lets say everything look fine, but still not cold, then can check if the condenser is choke

another example, totally no air come out from your air/con , should be blower motor up lorry/ not moving

and many other thing to check.

end of story, find a trusted mech to check for u, rather u go try and error yourself.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

No le, the thing now is the air blow out from the air-con vents not very cold, only when the car is expose to hot sun whole day. The air-con air take very long to become cold! But when the car is parked under shelter, no such problem.

Did you clean your aircon filter ?

Supercharged

i would rather look like an idiot than to be in an oven for the next 15-30 mins...

to emphasis on the trick is to wind down front passenger window, and "open/close" 5 times driver side door..

confirm chop brings down the temperature of the cabin.. but seats and steering still hot like shit..

yes, i am an idiot that always does that if I park under the sun for some time..

Supersonic

Did you clean your aircon filter ?

Lol, will change the filter in next servicing and see how. [:p]

Turbocharged

i would rather look like an idiot than to be in an oven for the next 15-30 mins...

to emphasis on the trick is to wind down front passenger window, and "open/close" 5 times driver side door..

confirm chop brings down the temperature of the cabin.. but seats and steering still hot like shit..

yes, i am an idiot that always does that if I park under the sun for some time..

I realise that when parked under the sun, leather seats are searing hot. But fabric or alcantara fare much better.

I like alcantara seats. Nice.

Turbocharged

If I see a driver right arm much bigger than left arm, I know it's you.

Just send yr car to Masrkcool se Ah Huat.

I also do that some times when I feel AC not cold but he just put his hand in front of vent n he can feel if AC is ok.

Many times he check n tell me its normal. Sometimes the outside temp is much hotter so we think AC is not cold. Our bodies also sometimes feel hotter than other times so we might blame the car AC.

Supercharged

I realise that when parked under the sun, leather seats are searing hot. But fabric or alcantara fare much better.

I like alcantara seats. Nice.

I prefer fabric. Nice. [:)]

Supercharged

Many times he check n tell me its normal. Sometimes the outside temp is much hotter so we think AC is not cold. Our bodies also sometimes feel hotter than other times so we might blame the car AC.

Yes, especially when we had a meal which makes up of hot soup/spicy food, or had a hot drink like coffee/tea/milo, or seen a sexy lady wearing tight clothings walk past..... our body temperature goes up up up! [sweatdrop]:D

How many times should i open and close the door quickly? [confused]

Do you also ask your Dad or Mom how many times do you need to tug on your own tool when playing with yourself?

Seriously?!?

If your car aircon take very long to blow cold air during hot weather in the afternoon, after you have parked your car in open air carpark under the hot sun. But aircon is cold at night and early morning, what could be the problem?

Exact problem on my lancer glx. First ws told me to change compressor, lucky I never change. Went to another ws, just change a washer at the air con clutch because the it is not engaging. Problem solved, less than $50 total to fix.

Just send yr car to Masrkcool se Ah Huat.

I also do that some times when I feel AC not cold but he just put his hand in front of vent n he can feel if AC is ok.

I tried to get Ah Huat to check on my car aircon, but he was on leave for the whole of this week. Suggest to give a call in advance, just in case he extended his leave.

Hi,

Need some advise on the following;

Just detected today: Aircon vents emitting "white color fumes" while driving, the white fumes smell funny ..... something like burning smell. However there is no white fumes when car comes to a stop. Btw aircon is still cold.

Help me!

[sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement