Air con not cold

Cutelmo

Supersonic

Maybe you turn your aircon circulation button to take in air from outside mode?

↡ Advertisement

Hi there,

its better for you to send in your ride for a detailed check on your existing AC system. It might be due to leak or compressor fluid running low. You might just need a AC system Treatment too. All these are minor maintenance works which don't cost a bomb.

Drive in to DM and we will give u a free detailed check. You definitely need a professional AC technician to check on your problems and do not try to rectify by trying out cause you might not be solving the problems and incur more cost on yourself.

Giving professional advice as a mechanical garage and not trying to hard sell anything. Diagnosis for your AC problem is totally FOC, which is a good contributions for worried drivers here on dishonest garage.

We are also the "Best Service & Repair" Awarded garage among 1000 over workshops in Singapore. Awarded by SgCarmart.

Bosch AC system restorations/ recovery machine : We spend a bomb to get the best machine for our customers.

1625736_670510449673547_1271559179_n.jpg

Hi all,

Anyone encounter after changing cooling coil and compressor. Aircon still not cold.

Have anyone tried using this K seal in radiator? Any feedback so far?

Thanks.

I tried before. Bought at autobacs for like 39 bucks. No effects at all.

You might want to bring down to experienced air con workshop and check your coolant and also check the air con oil.

(edited)

Hi,

Need some advise on the following;

Just detected today: Aircon vents emitting "white color fumes" while driving, the white fumes smell funny ..... something like burning smell. However there is no white fumes when car comes to a stop. Btw aircon is still cold.

Help me!

[sweatdrop]

I know b4 when I had white mist coming out of the AC vents I sent for checks n was told prob there is a leak in the AC cooling gas system. The smell is a bit strange also.

Best to send yr car for a check at a honest n reliable AC mech to check for some leaks.

Oh n one more thing.

If its a cold day/night n/or raining n humidity is very high when u just switch on the AC u might get white mist (vapour) coming from the vents cos its just condensation of the water in the air. After abt 10 mins it sud clear up as the humidity in the car reduces.

Edited by Pisces69

I tried to get Ah Huat to check on my car aircon, but he was on leave for the whole of this week. Suggest to give a call in advance, just in case he extended his leave.

I suggest u wait for Ah Huat to return after his leave cos the other mechs at Markcool I dun trust n there has been not so good feedback of some of them.

So far only Ah Huat has all the good reviews. I dun let any of the other mechs do anything to my car AC.

I know b4 when I had white mist coming out of the AC vents I sent for checks n was told prob there is a leak in the AC cooling gas system. The smell is a bit strange also.

Best to send yr car for a check at a honest n reliable AC mech to check for some leaks.

Oh n one more thing.

If its a cold day/night n/or raining n humidity is very high when u just switch on the AC u might get white mist (vapour) coming from the vents cos its just condensation of the water in the air. After abt 10 mins it sud clear up as the humidity in the car reduces.

Thxs for info. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

I got my aircon fix.

One of the part in compressor was shorted and cause the fuse to blow.

Thus just change the part and top up gas, aircon back again. yeah.

I would never go back to mark cool to diagnose aircon. They will just ask you to change compressor instead of "repair it" .

They just want to earn more money from you.

Btw, I did change my compressor from them about 2year back. Brand new set.

I had the same problem and did a flush and top up of the aircon gas. I also changed the filter and it eventually became cooler again. A friend had the same problem and it turned out to be the aircon clutch(not sure if its the rite name)

Good to check with a reliable mech.

most common problem is refrigerant is not enough and need to top up

Another common problem is wear and tear of compressor clutch or some adjustment needed
If you symptom are like these http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/archive/index.php/t-31600.html
then it should be due to what they say, washer or some dirt or need some adjustment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqp9IJ2ivl4

for your info only if u encounter such issue in future, need not change compressor and kenna chop carrot head.

Edited by Stanchiam

White mist can be quite common after a heavy rain or early in the morning, usually not a problem as it just vapour.

Just put the ac to demist but sometimes it could be the aircon gas leaking but it will smell weird. Have to get WS to check for leakage and chances are the gas need to be topped up.

Supersonic

I got my aircon fix.

One of the part in compressor was shorted and cause the fuse to blow.

Thus just change the part and top up gas, aircon back again. yeah.

I would never go back to mark cool to diagnose aircon. They will just ask you to change compressor instead of "repair it" .

They just want to earn more money from you.

Btw, I did change my compressor from them about 2year back. Brand new set.

Many places will tell u change entire comp($500). Then when u say budget or car only have 2 yrs left, they suggest recon set ($250) which they probably got FOC, from another chap who disposed of his old comp for a new 1.

In ur case

"One of the part in compressor was shorted and cause the fuse to blow.

Thus just change the part and top up gas, aircon back again."

Ur fortunate to have a honest mechanic.

Hi guys,

Last friday, i was driving when suddenly the aircon was not cold. After a short while, it was blowing out warm air.

I was near BB autobac so left my car there for them to check. The mechanic called me and told me fan, radiator, wiring, whatever.... are all ok. But the front disc of the compressor was not rotating, so need to change the compressor. I was told the replacement is $1130. Of course I never let them change.

The next day i drove down to mark cool to let ah huat to take a look. He checked and told me the autobac mechanic was telling the truth. Btw, i am driving a suzuki grand vitara. He further explained to me that depending on the type of compressor, the front disc can be replaced. But for the one i have, need to replace the whole compressor.

I was quoted $750 for the replacement. Brand new compressor. I tried to bargain to $700 but they are v firm on the price.

He assured me no problem and leave everything to him. Eventually, i agree to the price.

Quite fast job. I sent the car in at 10am plus. Around 12pm the lady called me and said can collect car.

3 months warranty given. So far so good, aircon is cold.

I actually took back the faulty compressor. Any idea who can i sell to? Haha

Hi guys,

Last friday, i was driving when suddenly the aircon was not cold. After a short while, it was blowing out warm air.

I was near BB autobac so left my car there for them to check. The mechanic called me and told me fan, radiator, wiring, whatever.... are all ok. But the front disc of the compressor was not rotating, so need to change the compressor. I was told the replacement is $1130. Of course I never let them change.

The next day i drove down to mark cool to let ah huat to take a look. He checked and told me the autobac mechanic was telling the truth. Btw, i am driving a suzuki grand vitara. He further explained to me that depending on the type of compressor, the front disc can be replaced. But for the one i have, need to replace the whole compressor.

I was quoted $750 for the replacement. Brand new compressor. I tried to bargain to $700 but they are v firm on the price.

He assured me no problem and leave everything to him. Eventually, i agree to the price.

Quite fast job. I sent the car in at 10am plus. Around 12pm the lady called me and said can collect car.

3 months warranty given. So far so good, aircon is cold.

wow, autobac actually charge so much higher, but every time go in still full of carrot to chop, funny..

the front disc of the compressor was not rotating, so need to change the compressor

Firstly front disc not rotating or engaging? It is impossible it is not rotating unless your belt is not fixed to it

I suppose they mean not engaging. Usually such things happen due to wear and tear which is normal, the gap become bigger between the clutch. If u know how to fix it, it is just removing some washer so that the distance or gap is smaller and it will engage.

They are just saying what you want to listen and make money from u. Too bad u have not read my post else u can do a simple test to find out and save those money.

Compressor does not cost much, think new one cost $150-350 depending on brand and model.

My car compressor cost me only about $100 if i buy directly from china....lol

So guess you will not be able to get much. Anyway, i believe it is not faulty, just the washer gap become bigger.

Edited by Stanchiam

Firstly front disc not rotating or engaging? It is impossible it is not rotating unless your belt is not fixed to it

I suppose they mean not engaging. Usually such things happen due to wear and tear which is normal, the gap become bigger between the clutch. If u know how to fix it, it is just removing some washer so that the distance or gap is smaller and it will engage.

They are just saying what you want to listen and make money from u. Too bad u have not read my post else u can do a simple test to find out and save those money.

Compressor does not cost much, think new one cost $150-350 depending on brand and model.

My car compressor cost me only about $100 if i buy directly from china....lol

So guess you will not be able to get much. Anyway, i believe it is not faulty, just the washer gap become bigger.

yah I was also in the same situation, first mech told me to change compressor, I did not want. Went to another mech, he just change the clutch washer and everything working normally again for the past 2 months. Total repair cost less than $50.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your feedback. Frankly I do not know much about the various parts of the car, how it works, etc.

Thus, when the aircon broke down, my objective is just to fix it and get back my cold air.

When i went down to Mark Cool and asked Ah Huat to diagnose, he actually did a very quick check, and said the compressor was faulty, need to replace. I asked him whether can replace some small parts, like clutch etc, so that it will work again.

He told me for certain brand, yes. And he led me to the back of his workshop and showed me the ones where the clutch can be replaced. He told me the one suzuki used (i checked the brand of my original compressor is valeo), the clutch cannot be replaced. Whether true or not, i really have no idea. I paused and think for a while.... autobac charge me $1130. Mark cool charge me $750. He seems to be quite genuine and i read many good review about him, thus i took the plunge and let him do it.

Subsequently i called up a retailer selling aircon compressor. I told him the valeo compressor suzuki use, and i was told if i just buy the compressor, will cost $400 plus.

Well, anyway, i take it as a lesson learnt.

Supercharged

Subsequently i called up a retailer selling aircon compressor. I told him the valeo compressor suzuki use, and i was told if i just buy the compressor, will cost $400 plus.

Well, anyway, i take it as a lesson learnt.

The $400 compressor is only the part, not including labour, right?

Is it always no cold, or sometimes cold, sometimes not cold?

If the latter, maybe the control valve is faulty. I experienced it 8 mth ago...

↡ Advertisement