Leasing vs buying a car (new)

Antonee

Hi guys, cars are so expensive nowadays and with so much criteria to consider such as 50-60% downpayment and loan kept to maximum 5 years.

Do you think it will considerable to lease a new car instead?

Recently , caught hold quite a number of car ads which a lot distributors coming up with leasing programme, with the rd tax, insurance , maintenance included, what do you conclude from leasing new car compare to buying a new car?

Is selling off current car or trade in with the leasing programme , which are more feasible?

Pls give your comments/feedback.

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, cars are so expensive nowadays and with so much criteria to consider such as 50-60% downpayment and loan kept to maximum 5 years.

Recently , caught hold quite a number of car ads which a lot distributors coming up with leasing programme, with the rd tax, insurance , maintenance included, what do you conclude from leasing new car compare to buying a new car?

Is selling off current car or trade in with the leasing programme , which are more feasible?

The only reason why you would want to lease is not able to afford the hefty downpayment and have no other option and still want to own a car.

The ADs are not stupid; why lease you when their job is to sell cars? Calculate the monthly instalments and see which one make monetary sense.

• Dislike 1

Turbocharged

I see no prob with leasing if the sums make sense.

And I feel that its an ingenious method to get around the current issue

Yes. This method has been tried and tested in United States.

Just take the total lease amount as the depreciation.

the monthly lease is the depreciation lor.

Unlike car where u get back parf value after 10yrs.

So if assume 3k monthly lease. depreciation is 36k per annum. while a typical 2nd hand car depreciation is 10-15k. so is it worth it?

The only reason why you would want to lease is not able to afford the hefty downpayment and have no other option and still want to own a car.

The ADs are not stupid; why lease you when their job is to sell cars? Calculate the monthly instalments and see which one make monetary sense.

You are not only Old Driver but also a very old car owner.

I feel that I am also leasing the car from our government, if not who can have the last say to keep the car after ten years.

Edited by Fongmy
  • Praise 4

You are not only Old Driver but also a very old car owner.

I feel that I am also leasing the car from our government, if not who can have the last say to keep the car after ten years.

Hahaha... yes that is sooo true. What the gahmen gives, they take back.

But then again, car-leasing is just another innovative way for the ADs to make $. It wouldn't be beneficial to the lessee.

• Praise 1

1-3 years ... lease option is best [thumbsup]

but cannot mod car ... must get a car with all swee swee options in

Maybe next car consider leasing as i keep on changing car within 1-2 years

Turbocharged

If one die die must drive new car and is unable to afford hefty downpayment, leasing is an option.eg. Vw Polo $2.5k a month.

If don't mind used car, cheaper to rent long term. Eg. Honda Jazz $1.4k a month.

Leasing or renting is good for high mileage drivers since maintenance is covered.

Also good for young drivers and those with frequent accident claims since insurance is covered.

To compare, you will also need to consider the interest you are paying to the bank for buying the car....this in addition to the down-payment, monthly repayments, road tax, insurance, regular servicing, etc.

Yes, l believe leasing will ultimately be more expensive, however as you do not own the car, the risk is lesser....I will have less of a concern leasing a problematic car like VW against owning one.

Edited by Samlimlp
  • Praise 3

The amount needs to pay monthly for a lease car at least $1.3k or more, and the car is just a normal 1.6L at least 6 years old and above car.

The amount needs to pay monthly for a lease car at least $1.3k or more, and the car is just a normal 1.6L at least 6 years old and above car.

If i am below 25 does that make the lease more ex?

Then how much for cars like alphard? Thinking to lease one

lease is 101% more expensive la

else everyone will lease and who is stupid enough to buy

just that leasing no need huge capital outflow

lease also got T&C ... doesn't mean anyhow can terminate the lease or change to another car without penalty

similarly, buy car already also can change car anytime

in a nutshell, it depends on the owner how much he can or afford to lose

in my opinion, those who cannot afford huge capital outflow, better look at used car 5 years or above

leasing new car .... it's equally expensive in terms of running cost

leasing old car ... is it worth it?

Edited by Wt_know

If i am below 25 does that make the lease more ex?

Then how much for cars like alphard? Thinking to lease one

Alphard should cost at least $3k or more to lease one!
↡ Advertisement