Leasing vs buying a car (new)

Antonee

I saw Alfa on ytd paper, the leasing scheme quite attractive

Can you share what are their offer rates ? TIA.............

↡ Advertisement

Alphard should cost at least $3k or more to lease one!

But given the high road tax, depreciation and loan interest, for people like me who change car frequently maybe will be a better cheaper solution

• Praise 1

Leasing should be good if you like to change car often? Like sign up for a 3 years leasing contract, every month pay $2-3k for a car, then after contract ends, request to change to another car with a new contract?!

• Praise 1

Can you share what are their offer rates ? TIA.............

i only see $0 downpayment, monthly from $999. Affordable but car is too small for my family

By the way

If you drive a lot, say 150km per day, PLEASE DO NOT LEASE.

Some ADs had small small clause, indicating only 15000 to 20000km per year. After which, additional costs will be implemented.

Either way, if cannot afford, better to take BMW. For those leasing on $3,000 monthly, your basic take home pay better be more than $8000. And i am not talking about commission based, sometime got 8k sometime eat glass type hor.

i only see $0 downpayment, monthly from $999. Affordable but car is too small for my family

The Mini offering from 1.5k... cute puny car

I can' t afford... Still waiting, my old van still have a few more years

MINI, monthly 1.5k promotion only for 1st year...

2nd year onwards, monthly 2k + (totally not worth it)

Hi all,

I am thinking of leasing a new car for 5 years versus getting a used car with OMV (say 5 years old). There will be no issue with down payment for the either options.

On the surface, leasing seems attractive as it looks to me that one needs not worry about the following items:

1. Road Tax

2. Insurance

3. Maintenance and servicing (plus point as used car condition from the 6th to 10th year may be unpredictable).

4. What about consumables like the tyres, battery, wiper and etc?

Are the above true?

Can the experts advise us here?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

(edited)

Anyone had any experience with them would know about what I'm about to say.

I took a finance lease scheme from Hitachi from Dec 2014 onwards, 28 months later, after 28 installments, the outstanding amount is just reduced by less than 10k from the original loan amount. That is a hefty 25k penalty from the total amount of over 36k paid.

When I asked them for their detailed calculations. All I got was silence.

So if anyone come across financing done by them, my advice is just do it through a bank. Otherwise you'll get burned.

Edited by vbchia

Hypersonic

No head no tail story. Great  [thumbsup]

But we get the message. Don't take loans from them.

:D

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Could it be the first $25k instalments go towards paying for the interest first. Anyway Hitachi credit is quite an established loan company.

Edited by Ingenius

Anyone had any experience with them would know about what I'm about to say.

I took a finance lease scheme from Hitachi from Dec 2014 onwards, 28 months later, after 28 installments, the outstanding amount is just reduced by less than 10k from the original loan amount. That is a hefty 25k penalty from the total amount of over 36k paid.

When I asked them for their detailed calculations. All I got was silence.

So if anyone come across financing done by them, my advice is just do it through a bank. Otherwise you'll get burned.

I suspect finance lease scheme is more a lease or rental scheme but in the end you get to own the car. 

Hence much more expensive. 

Probably only those who want to avoid high down payment may find it attractive as it probably can bypass the min down payment requirements. 

↡ Advertisement