Amazon Free Shipping to SG >$125 & Good buys

Mustank

i still like going to ntuc for retail therapy. though i agree carrying bottles or rice etc is a pain.

Yup, poking thru the cling wrap of those soft fruits or meat, leaving signature dent is very therapeutic for some.
↡ Advertisement

Yup, poking thru the cling wrap of those soft fruits or meat, leaving signature dent is very therapeutic for some.

I still don't like buying fresh produce from NTUC much less online.

Wet market better hehe.

haha wet market also same lah.

I wanted to buy a pomfret. There were about 6 fish for selection. The aunty before me poke poke, press press for at least a good 3-5mins while i was standing just behind her.

My mood quite good that day, so i diam diam. 

haha wet market also same lah.

I wanted to buy a pomfret. There were about 6 fish for selection. The aunty before me poke poke, press press for at least a good 3-5mins while i was standing just behind her.

My mood quite good that day, so i diam diam.

Well that's like our bros here who talk about whacking their uber cars before they return it or whacking their cars before selling them ..

Well that's like our bros here who talk about whacking their uber cars before they return it or whacking their cars before selling them ..

not really the same analogy but ok lah. Doesn't bother me so much.

What i don't like is cut queue lol.

Go wet market is more than just buying, it is also a kind of service when most sellers will know which meats, parts, even which sources are good for what kind of cooking.

With some exceptions, NTUC (regular) is mostly farmed fishes, China-sourced vegetables, frozen chicken, frozen pork. Some NTUCs are better than others.

haha you should meet my place vegetable seller.

I ask him where the origin of the vegetables are from, he said, "dunno"  [laugh]

Go wet market is more than just buying, it is also a kind of service when most sellers will know which meats, parts, even which sources are good for what kind of cooking.

With some exceptions, NTUC (regular) is mostly farmed fishes, China-sourced vegetables, frozen chicken, frozen pork. Some NTUCs are better than others.

The porky smell of NTUC pork is stronger. Mainly cos it's australian pork.

Though sometimes i still use it for convenience.

Chicken is all the same if u not getting kampung.

I go to my wet market butcher when i need them to debone. NTUC chicken is actually cheaper than the wet market.

Either he don't want to tell you or he is "uncompetitive" lor.

well the good thing about wet market vegetables is that u can buy small amount.

Or else a lot goes to waste for someone who cooks 1-2 times/week.

buy 1 piece of ginger. 1-2 onions etc.

I have had a lot of potatoes, ginger, onions go bad on me.

Wah lau, from Amazon to buying vege, chicken and pork at wet market.

Apa ini?

Power la!

Amazon starting fresh produce delivery next year mah.

Still related what.

• Praise 1

The modern Singaporean doesn't really like to visit the wet market.

Instead everything should be delivered to their doorstep. With the added benefit of not having to drive or take a train with all the bags of groceries, that's the new paradigm, and Amazon is catching onto this.

Fairprice online and CS also have free delivery but above a certain limit.

Their limit is 100+ whereas Redmart's is only 35 for first delivery (and still got discount coupon) and 50 dollars for subsequent deliveries.

Wah, so we rest of us are ancient Singaporeans ?

I don't mind the convenience, although I also have my browsing moments.

The fact that we are in a car forum means we have a ride, but if we are forced to take trains / buses and carry those bags, we may think differently..

Their limit is 100+ whereas Redmart's is only 35 for first delivery (and still got discount coupon) and 50 dollars for subsequent deliveries.

redmart pricing is on the high side but they have products that other dun carry

Say I buy 70 bucks worth and pay 75 bucks. Still worth it for the convenience la. If I drive out, petrol and parking already more than 5 dollars?

Anything good to recommend?

↡ Advertisement