Amazon Free Shipping to SG >$125 & Good buys

Mustank

Choose those item "Sold and shipped by Amazon". Do not try to buy from other sellers on Amazon website. If you have problems, it's more difficult to handle.

It will also tell you whether they shipped to Singapore.

If you buy one single item like that, cost $36, you have to pay for shipping.

If you add up your orders with other eligible items, above $125, you get free shipping.

Yup. I also check seller on Amazon before I buy.

Used to buy stuff from Amazon when they had tie up with Macys. When the tie up ended I also stopped buying from Amazon.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks all.  Now I have a better idea liao.

1.  Must buy from amazon itself, dun buy from other seller or company in Amazon.

and also:

Free amazon shipping:

You need to be in the amazon website
Look for the shipping to Singapore checkbox
Then look for the free international shipping checkbox
Then make sure the seller chosen is Amazon itself and not some other company on amazon
Then make sure you add up to 125USD

There are additional T&C that you need to know from their website on size and weight.

Thank you very much.  I'll go and see again.  [thumbsup]

Thanks all.  Now I have a better idea liao.

1.  Must buy from amazon itself, dun buy from other seller or company in Amazon.

and also:

Free amazon shipping:

You need to be in the amazon website
Look for the shipping to Singapore checkbox
Then look for the free international shipping checkbox
Then make sure the seller chosen is Amazon itself and not some other company on amazon
Then make sure you add up to 125USD

There are additional T&C that you need to know from their website on size and weight.

Thank you very much.  I'll go and see again.  [thumbsup]

close but no guarantee that its free shipping to SG. Sometimes their filter gives weird results

The only sure fire way is to look at the price on the item's main page (it will state if free shipping to your SG address).

Item must be sold n shipped by Amazon, but it's not a sufficient condition.

for example, this item has free shipping to Sg. It should be mentioned next to the price, assuming your default delivery address is in SG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010RLCH2U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Edited by JohnSHL
  • Praise 2

close but no guarantee that its free shipping to SG. Sometimes their filter gives weird results

The only sure fire way is to look at the price on the item's main page (it will state if free shipping to your SG address).

for example, this item has free shipping to Sg. It should be mentioned next to the price, assuming your default delivery address is in SG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010RLCH2U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Huh! I so blur liao.

Sold and shipped by Amazon

Above US$125 in cart

Eligible for Free shipping

This item ships internationally.

Free shipping option appears in Checkout page

• Praise 1

Just look for these 2 conditions:

First, make sure item will be ship to Singapore. Just below the "In Stock", it will say this item "ship" or "does not ship" to Singapore. Eg:

In Stock.
Arrives before Christmas. Choose delivery option in checkout. This item ships to Singapore, SingaporeWant it Wednesday, Dec. 21? Order.... 

Second, make sure has Free Shipping above $125. Next to the list price, there is a "+Free Shipping....." Eg:

List Price: $17.99 Price:

$14.99 + FREE Shipping to Singapore on orders over $125.00 Details

This item ships to Singapore, SingaporeWant it Wednesday, Dec. 21? Order within 8 hrs 54 mins and choose AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping at checkout.

If don't have these 2 condition, don't bother adding to cart if you want free shipping.

Edited by West
  • Praise 4

Yeah, I'v got items that satisfied all the conditions for free shipping to SG but upon checking out, the free shipping option is not available.

Contacted the CSO, apparently some items despite being sold by "Amazon global sales" cannot be bundled into the 125usd minimum quota due to item cost (cheap) vs shipping cost (bulky/heavy)....end up the shipping cost to Amazon might make them lose money if they give free shipping.

Yeah, I'v got items that satisfied all the conditions for free shipping to SG but upon checking out, the free shipping option is not available.

Contacted the CSO, apparently some items despite being sold by "Amazon global sales" cannot be bundled into the 125usd minimum quota due to item cost (cheap) vs shipping cost (bulky/heavy)....end up the shipping cost to Amazon might make them lose money if they give free shipping.

Yes, only items eligible (size and weight) for free shipping and > US$125.

Some items are not eligible. You need to pay for shipping.

So you need to check individual items and all must be eligible.

I just bought a tool bag (oversize). I added some other eligible items, and the whole order still need to pay shipping.

But it's not a lot more, so if you need faster shipping time, once in a while, paying for shipping is ok.

If I have to buy from ebay, individual small items still need to pay for shipping and that's much worse.

There is always a market for the middleman business :D

I see liao so blur.  End up I went motherhood forum amazon spree and ask the TS to help me to buy.

• Praise 2

usually i use this as a guide, not 100% cos some can still eligible for free shipping to SIN at the Shipment & Payment page.

attachicon.gifAmazon.com Shopping Cart.png

Yes, that's what I meant. I believe the free international shipping for items beyond US$125 (year 2013-2014) was very good deal. But it adversely affect the retail business in Sgp. Hence, Amazon may receive a harsh feedback, hence the they gradually remove the free international shipping or even stop international shipping, in effort to encourage and boost local retail business... :(

• Praise 1

Don't worry, with the exchange rate going to hit 1.5 and above soon, amazon direct shipping sales will take a hit for sure.

Yes, that's what I meant. I believe the free international shipping for items beyond US$125 (year 2013-2014) was very good deal. But it adversely affect the retail business in Sgp. Hence, Amazon may receive a harsh feedback, hence the they gradually remove the free international shipping or even stop international shipping, in effort to encourage and boost local retail business... :(

I think the free shipping is more "fine tuned" by Amazon over the years.

Bulky and overweight items does not quality for free shipping from the start.

Licensing is a bigger problem.

When their suppliers start to make noise they have to comply.

Their stocks are meant for US market.

So when the Levis, etc starts to complain, they have no choice but to stop shipping out of USA.

Local distributors are licensed to sell certain brands. Of cuz, they want to make money and make more of it, but Amazon is "spoiling market" by selling cheaper. So definitely, they will complain to Levis.

• Praise 1

There is always a market for the middleman business :D

Ya lor but i dun knw how she earn.

My item was USD36.42 and I just need to transfer her 36.42 X 1.40 = SGD51.72.   I went to check the exchange rate was around this price too.  So how she earn?  Please share.

thanks.

Unless we have the details on what item and which online shopping platform it was from, there is not much analysis I can give you.

The basic principle for online shopping and it actually applies to every other aspect in life....no one does something for another stranger for free unless they are friends or relatives.

in case of spree, sometimes people organizes group buys for similar item or items from same shop/online platform to save on shipping charges.

there are "professional" spree-ers who organizes simultaneous multiple sprees collecting a small fee for each spree. Whether it is worth the while or financially viable is up to that individual to determine. Some of them are basically housewives just doing it in their free time to earn some pocket money.

Ya lor but i dun knw how she earn.

My item was USD36.42 and I just need to transfer her 36.42 X 1.40 = SGD51.72.   I went to check the exchange rate was around this price too.  So how she earn?  Please share.

thanks.

Unless we have the details on what item and which online shopping platform it was from, there is not much analysis I can give you.

The basic principle for online shopping and it actually applies to every other aspect in life....no one does something for another stranger for free unless they are friends or relatives.

in case of spree, sometimes people organizes group buys for similar item or items from same shop/online platform to save on shipping charges.

there are "professional" spree-ers who organizes simultaneous multiple sprees collecting a small fee for each spree. Whether it is worth the while or financially viable is up to that individual to determine. Some of them are basically housewives just doing it in their free time to earn some pocket money.

OIC.  Thanks. [thumbsup]

I dun think she does it for free.  Maybe I kpo go and ask her when I meet her for collection.  [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Dleodleo