Amazon Free Shipping to SG >$125 & Good buys

Mustank

LOL.... come back here and share with us how she earns... :D

OIC.  Thanks. [thumbsup]

I dun think she does it for free.  Maybe I kpo go and ask her when I meet her for collection.  [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

OIC.  Thanks. [thumbsup]

I dun think she does it for free.  Maybe I kpo go and ask her when I meet her for collection.  [laugh] [laugh]

Yes please do.

Actually we just want to know 1 question.

She chio or not?

• Praise 3

Ya lor but i dun knw how she earn.

My item was USD36.42 and I just need to transfer her 36.42 X 1.40 = SGD51.72.   I went to check the exchange rate was around this price too.  So how she earn?  Please share.

thanks.

7% credit card rebate?

• Praise 1

Yes please do.

Actually we just want to know 1 question.

She chio or not?

Motherhood forum leh, must be a  mother.

7% credit card rebate?

OIC.  So credit card got a 7% rebate?  I'll ask her next time. wahhahhahaha

Twincharged

OIC.  Thanks. [thumbsup]

I guess all mark up abit la. My wife used to do that also long long ago when it wasn't that easy to buy from taobao/amazon. Every item mark up like 10-20%. One month can earn maybe 1-2k. Then got other benefits. Cuz the taobao/amazon account she use have so many purchases so got benefits there, then credit cards also can get all the points, rebates and all that.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

My 750gb sdd just arrived.

It states product of Singapore on the box so this silly item must have flown all the way from SG to USA then back to SG.

Best part is that it is still a good 20-40 percent cheaper than in Singapore.

• Praise 1

My 750gb sdd just arrived.

It states product of Singapore on the box so this silly item must have flown all the way from SG to USA then back to SG.

Best part is that it is still a good 20-40 percent cheaper than in Singapore.

from black friday?

mine came last week while i was overseas.

I think the free shipping is more "fine tuned" by Amazon over the years.

Bulky and overweight items does not quality for free shipping from the start.

Licensing is a bigger problem.

When their suppliers start to make noise they have to comply.

Their stocks are meant for US market.

So when the Levis, etc starts to complain, they have no choice but to stop shipping out of USA.

Local distributors are licensed to sell certain brands. Of cuz, they want to make money and make more of it, but Amazon is "spoiling market" by selling cheaper. So definitely, they will complain to Levis.

I have gotten very good deal of 4 pairs of shoes, 4 boxes of engine oils (a pack of 6 1-quartz per box), bulky speaker system with free international shipping back then, among other smaller items. Now these items are no longer shippable to Singapore.... Yeah, the local distributors felt threatened as Amazon is spoiling the limited market... :)

• Praise 1

If Singapore have the price and efficiency of Taobao or Amazon domestic equivalent, some local supermarket will shutdown within 5 years.

the market and volume size cannot reach the cost as low as the country that these mechants from. All the local supermarkets shutdown mean many many will be jobless.

i will still support local retailers, so far about 20% purchases were online. i watch movies in cinema 3-4 time a month.

• Praise 1

the market and volume size cannot reach the cost as low as the country that these mechants from. All the local supermarkets shutdown mean many many will be jobless.

i will still support local retailers, so far about 20% purchases were online. i watch movies in cinema 3-4 time a month.

That's a lot of movies you watch [laugh]

• Praise 2

actually i tried to watch DL movie at home but i just cannot sit there to finish the whole show, some time i just fast forward and finish within 20min [sweatdrop]

only when i watch in cinema then i enjoy appreciate the movie better, must respect the movie cast mah [laugh]

• Praise 3

Ask the greedy landlords or reits not to increase rental drastically, the retailers here can have higher chances survival.

Rental is on a year on year increase.

When rental was low back in the 70s 80s and up to 90s, so many retailers can stay on business for a long time.

Now is all come and go. End up costs passed on to consumers, who eventually have to bite the bullet, forgo it or make online purchases.

Stopping certain products from shipping here does not solve the root cause of the problem here. At most I don't buy that particular brand, but buy others that allows shipping. End up it helps the other brand grow.

I see what I want to buy, then take reference from the online shops before deciding who to get from.

Time to bring back the Rent Control Act.

• Praise 7

but watch in JB right............ [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

local big players just refuse to change lah...........players like NTUC...and others.......all have warehouses sitting there..........they just refuse to change their business model...................they want to wait until jusco or tesco from MY to start free delivery to SG via online purchase................or amazon to start operation ...............then start to KPKB that they cannot survive............ <_<  <_<  <_<

• Praise 2

Ask the greedy landlords or reits not to increase rental drastically, the retailers here can have higher chances survival.

Rental is on a year on year increase.

When rental was low back in the 70s 80s and up to 90s, so many retailers can stay on business for a long time.

Now is all come and go. End up costs passed on to consumers, who eventually have to bite the bullet, forgo it or make online purchases.

Stopping certain products from shipping here does not solve the root cause of the problem here. At most I don't buy that particular brand, but buy others that allows shipping. End up it helps the other brand grow.

I see what I want to buy, then take reference from the online shops before deciding who to get from.

Time to bring back the Rent Control Act.

Think for local retailers rental is the biggest cost component. And that gets passed back to us consumers.

Can already see mall owners using creative ways to fill up the empty shop units, eg pop up stall, art exhibition, children play area etc.

For me, if online cost savings for clothing is > 50%, then I will just buy online. Been buying clothing online for couple of years already. 

For some malls, their best days are behind them already. Reality.

• Praise 2

maybe now 3 - 4 only cos Yangtze has closed  :XD:

actually i tried to watch DL movie at home but i just cannot sit there to finish the whole show, some time i just fast forward and finish within 20min [sweatdrop]

only when i watch in cinema then i enjoy appreciate the movie better, must respect the movie cast mah [laugh]

I also prefer cinema experience if the movie is good. 

But I don't like the feeling of being stuck inside a cinema for 2 hours if the movie turns out bad.

Recently went to watch Nocturnal Animals cos Tom Ford's earlier movie, A Single Man, was good. This one turned out to be a very boring and unengaging movie.  [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement