• Premium member
    RadX

Eat your heart out!

http://adobochronicl...ental-disorder/

AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION MAKES IT OFFICIAL: ‘SELFIE’ A MENTAL DISORDER

By adobochron on  March 31, 2014
image45.jpg?w=300&h=208

Photo credit: AP

Chicago, Illinois - The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has officially confirmed what many people thought all along: taking ‘selfies’ is a mental disorder.

The APA made this classification during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago. The disorder is called selfitis, and is defined as the obsessive compulsive desire to take photos of one’s self  and post them on social media as a way to make up for the lack of self-esteem and to fill a gap in intimacy.

APA said there are three levels of the disorder:

• Borderline selfitis : taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day but not posting them on social media
  • Acute selfitis: taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day and posting each of the photos on social media
  • Chronic selfitis: Uncontrollable urge to take photos of one’s self  round the clock and posting the photos on social media more than six times a day

According to the APA, while there is currently no cure for the disorder, temporary treatment is available through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).  The other good news is that CBT is covered under Obamacare.

This is unwelcome news for Makati City in the Philippines, especially for its mayor, Junjun Binay, son of the incumbent vice president.  Makati was recently named selfie capital of the world by Time Magazine. The mayor even organized a ticker tape parade after his city was bestowed the rare honor.

I always thought it was kinda a mental state of OCD to post images of oneself all the frigging time.

A clear sign of insecurity perhaps

The only selfie i will ever post will be my orbituary....not on facebook tho....hahaahahah

oleandero praised this

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I always had a hunch these people were mental. Now it's confirmed -_-

article-2571848-1BFB364300000578-664_964

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Is taking picture of your own hand(singular) consider selfie? If yes, I think one of our forumer also inflicted..

Edited by Ender, 03 April 2014 - 05:32 PM.

Hydrocarbon praised this
You have eaten 10 curry puffs, 4 cakes and a tao sar boa.
You have drunk 10 cokes, and a jug of sarsi and I don't know how.
All you do is waddle, when the others run.
Eat a little less, play a little more.
You will find that life is a lot more fun than it was before.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The best cure is to give them a smartphone w/o camera. LoL...

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

Bavarian
What about taking photos of your penis and sending it? Is that considered a selfie or we are particular about just other body parts?
Mustank praised this
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Someone tell LHL one of his MPs got this disorder!!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Someone tell LHL one of his MPs got this disorder!!

No need to tell him because he is already one

sjpmleeselfie151113e.jpg

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The only selfie i will ever post will be my orbituary....not on facebook tho....hahaahahah

eh....u jealous say so lah. each time u take selfie, lens crack.  [lipsrsealed]

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Then take picture of food is what?

A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Selfood  :D

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

someone who isn't damn hungry.......

Chowyunfatt praised this

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i think taking selfies of a group is ok. U and your wife etc.

If u take selfies of yourself alone doing things. U are at least a narcissist. 

Edited by Lala81, 03 April 2014 - 06:55 PM.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ok, I am willing to sacrifice to help anyone here with this mental disorder however mild or serious.

Please PM me an address, I will collect all your digi camera, videocam, lomo cam, camera phone
With no charges.

Edited by Atonchia, 03 April 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Thaiyotakamli praised this
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

AhJason
  • AhJason
    5th Gear
    Author Image

PAP selfie king looks damn gay [rolleyes]

xm5eFGg.jpg

Blackyv praised this
MCF's Resident Tok Cock King

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

haha heng i only took 2x one day [lipsrsealed]

Tigerwoods praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

AhJason
  • AhJason
    5th Gear
    Author Image

haha heng i only took 2x one day [lipsrsealed]

Check yourself into Woodbridge tomorrow! U got mental problem! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

MCF's Resident Tok Cock King

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No need to tell him because he is already one

sjpmleeselfie151113e.jpg

The APA made this classification during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago. The disorder is called selfitis, and is defined as the obsessive compulsive desire to take photos of one’s self  and post them on social media as a way to make up for the lack of self-esteem and to fill a gap in intimacy.

he take selfie is Ho Ching fault ah?

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Check yourself into Woodbridge tomorrow! U got mental problem! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

haha joking la i take once a month only after hair cut :D

Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

http://abcnews.go.co...try?id=23179036

Obama does it as well. Haha note 2 vs apple.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i think the condition refers to people to takes selfie several times everyday and share in their social networking portal.

Once a blue moon, taking a selfie is alright to me. They have that in the old days with self timer camera for those who goes holiday alone (another condition?).

You have eaten 10 curry puffs, 4 cakes and a tao sar boa.
You have drunk 10 cokes, and a jug of sarsi and I don't know how.
All you do is waddle, when the others run.
Eat a little less, play a little more.
You will find that life is a lot more fun than it was before.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: selfie , buffs

Tags: selfie, buffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users