To all SELFIE Buffs!

RadX

Even monkeys are getting into the act.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/08/opinion/cevallos-monkey-selfie-copyright/

And it's even causing a copyright row. Who's the lower primate now?

(CNN) -- Selfies are everywhere. Even Indonesian macaques are getting into the game. In 2011, two of these Old World monkeys borrowed photographer David J. Slater's camera and reportedly snapped some pictures of themselves. One of the selfies by a female macaque has since gone viral, making its way to Wikipedia's free-to-use website.

Slater asked the site to take down the photo, but Wikipedia asserts the photo is uncopyrightable because animals can't own copyrights.
↡ Advertisement

monkeys see monkeys do. I see so many people using selfie sticks taking selfies everywhere. And unbelievably just at the bench at the HDB void deck. I can understand if it's in the garden or some great scenery, but void deck?

Want to take selfie also must choose right place right time. Pity the children.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/world/europe/story/polish-couple-fell-death-while-trying-take-selfie-portugal-cliff-reports-201

Polish couple fell to death while trying to take selfie on Portugal cliff: Reports

CABO DA ROCA, Portugal - A Polish couple fell to their death while apparently trying to take selfies with their children on the edge of a cliff in Portugal's Cabo da Roca.

The Independent reported that the family were on holiday and visiting the cliffs on the west coast of Portugal on Saturday. They were believed to be taking pictures of themselves when they fell, said the report.

ABC News said a Spanish couple at the location called emergency crews and rescuers tried to recover the bodies using a helicopter, but had to give up because of the rising tide on Saturday. The bodies were recovered on Monday, according to Polish Radio.

News website thenews.pl quoted Monika Dulian, Poland's consul in Lisbon, as saying the family had been living in Portugal for several years.

Dulian said she had no details of the accident, but it seemed that the couple crossed a safety barrier to reach the cliff edge.

The children's closest relatives had been contacted and are due to arrive in Portugal, she added.

The Telegraph reported that the children, aged 5 and 6, are now in the care of Polish diplomats and are seeing psychologists.

Cabo da Roca is a popular destination for tourists in the area and it is the far western edge of Continental Europe

This news totally messed me up! [mad]

Hypersonic

This news totally messed me up! [mad]

I know. [:/] When I read about the two young kids.... Heart sank [bigcry]

No more selfie with tigers in New York

screen%20shot%202014-05-27%20at%207.03.5

The New York State Assembly passed legislation today to prevent people in New York from taking selfies with tigers.

Hugging, patting, or otherwise touching“ the big cats while at state fairs and traveling circuses is now prohibited in New York — and violating the law could cost you up to $500 in fines.

The trend of men posing with tigers for pictures for their Tinder or OKCupid profiles — tiger selfies, if you will — was brought to the public’s attention in a Wall Street Journal article last month. The big cats are popular on dating sites, especially location-based Tinder, where “users estimate they encounter tigers in one out of every 10 profiles they view.”

Manhattan Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal introduced the legislation because she saw the trend (immortalized on the Tumblr blog Tinder Guys With Tigers) as dangerous. She said the legislation was necessary, citing seven instances in 15 years New Yorkers were hurt by tigers.

So far, tigers are the only animal that New Yorkers won’t legally be allowed to touch while taking a selfie. “They can still pose with bears and monkeys,” Rosenthal said, in regard to the men posing with tigers. “They just have to take big cats off their list.”

Men seem to be the primary group of people taking tiger selfies. Women, on the other hand, are already sick of the trend.

The bill has yet to be signed by New York’s Gov. Andrew Cuomo, but a spokesperson for Cuomo said it was under review, reports the New York Post.

Source: http://www.businessinsider.sg/new-york-bans-tinder-tiger-selfie-2014-6/#.U-wkkfmSySo

Eat your heart out!

http://adobochronicles.com/2014/03/31/american-psychiatric-association-makes-it-official-selfie-a-mental-disorder/

AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION MAKES IT OFFICIAL: ‘SELFIE’ A MENTAL DISORDER

By adobochron on March 31, 2014
image45.jpg?w=300&h=208

Photo credit: AP

Chicago, Illinois - The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has officially confirmed what many people thought all along: taking ‘selfies’ is a mental disorder.

The APA made this classification during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago. The disorder is called selfitis, and is defined as the obsessive compulsive desire to take photos of one’s self and post them on social media as a way to make up for the lack of self-esteem and to fill a gap in intimacy.

APA said there are three levels of the disorder:

• Borderline selfitis : taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day but not posting them on social media
  • Acute selfitis: taking photos of one’s self at least three times a day and posting each of the photos on social media
  • Chronic selfitis: Uncontrollable urge to take photos of one’s self round the clock and posting the photos on social media more than six times a day

According to the APA, while there is currently no cure for the disorder, temporary treatment is available through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). The other good news is that CBT is covered under Obamacare.

This is unwelcome news for Makati City in the Philippines, especially for its mayor, Junjun Binay, son of the incumbent vice president. Makati was recently named selfie capital of the world by Time Magazine. The mayor even organized a ticker tape parade after his city was bestowed the rare honor.

I always thought it was kinda a mental state of OCD to post images of oneself all the frigging time.

A clear sign of insecurity perhaps

The only selfie i will ever post will be my orbituary....not on facebook tho....hahaahahah

Give yourself a DIY Mental Checkup today . . . .

post-114176-0-34382600-1412891993_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

That what I thought too, because of found the nationality, meant the must be a certain form of personal document found and if have personal document the name should be available.