Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

I may join Uber in the future after they monopolized the market, charging higher fares and give better perks to drivers. Not now as my Uber pal say his first 4 hours goes to cost.   [smash]

Are you saying taxis don't have running cost?

I may join Uber in the future after they monopolized the market, charging higher fares and give better perks to drivers. Not now as my Uber pal say his first 4 hours goes to cost.   [smash]

Supercharged

Wah he driving NEW car? Assuming he starts at 8am - 12noon, that's like $36 + ($25 x 3) x 0.8 = $88.80... for 8 trips within 4 hours...

then starts from 5pm - 10pm, ($27 x 2) + ($25 x 2) x 0.8 = $83.20 for 10 trips within 5 hours... Total = $172 /day

Calculations based on http://www.driveuber.sg/incentives/

My rental per day is only $53 (verna)... on Ron 92 @$1.82 before discount... and within 2 hours I would have covered my cost... Of course if your pal is only basing on fares alone then ya it would takes 4 hours or more for me to cover cost as well.

GPGT

post-113529-0-49282500-1461724794_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carnoob

Uber foils Comfort Delgro plans for taxi fare hike

Screenshot%2B-%2B25_4_2016%2B%252C%2B10_

Screenshot%2B-%2B25_4_2016%2B%252C%2B10_

Read the link at Hwz. Why they think price hike is comfort earn money? The money go straight to cabbie driver.

Taxi running cost and uber different. Uber take a cut while taxi driver take the whole revenue. Taxi driver cost is higher though.

My point to the poster is that both Uber and Taxis have their own running cost. Every business have their own running cost.

Money go straight to cabbie driver true. We don't know if the very next day, they hike their taxi rental rate too.

Anyway I am neutral to this whole Taxi vs Uber/Grab thing.

So long as I can get a public personal transport when I need it, I am happy.

My worst experience back before Uber/Grab is during peak hours, every single cabby companies booking hotline either time me out of a booking or cannot get through even if I am willing to pay the booking and peak surcharge.

Read the link at Hwz. Why they think price hike is comfort earn money? The money go straight to cabbie driver.
Taxi running cost and uber different. Uber take a cut while taxi driver take the whole revenue. Taxi driver cost is higher though.

My point to the poster is that both Uber and Taxis have their own running cost. Every business have their own running cost.

Money go straight to cabbie driver true. We don't know if the very next day, they hike their taxi rental rate too.

Anyway I am neutral to this whole Taxi vs Uber/Grab thing.

So long as I can get a public personal transport when I need it, I am happy.

My worst experience back before Uber/Grab is during peak hours, every single cabby companies booking hotline either time me out of a booking or cannot get through even if I am willing to pay the booking and peak surcharge.

From what I understand (Father and in law) they don't raise for existing. If any raise will be when 8 years up and they change to new car.

Our evening peak hour is a joke. It's so happen to be changing shift time also.

Edited by Joseph22

From what I understand (Father and in law) they don't raise for existing. If any raise will be when 8 years up and they change to new car.

Our evening peak hour is a joke. It's so happen to be changing shift time also.

I dont quite understand..................why they need to change shift during peak hours???..........

I mean is this a fix thing or can the two drivers arrange among themselves???...................like maybe change at a different time where  the drivers can catch the morning peak and evening peak???...................isnt it better for income???...........

• Praise 1

I dont quite understand..................why they need to change shift during peak hours???..........

I mean is this a fix thing or can the two drivers arrange among themselves???...................like maybe change at a different time where the drivers can catch the morning peak and evening peak???...................isnt it better for income???...........

It's a arrangement.

Don't forget. Everyone have a family. Everyone want to spend time with their Wife during normal hour.

I mean is this a fix thing or can the two drivers arrange among themselves???...................like maybe change at a different time where  the drivers can catch the morning peak and evening peak???...................isnt it better for income???...........

morning peak and evening peak, how you arrange also difficult unless 12am to 12pm type, but then some older drivers cannot take it.

morning peak and evening peak, how you arrange also difficult unless 12am to 12pm type, but then some older drivers cannot take it.

Most drive 12 hour shift. So change at 5am and 5 pm. Both have peak hour. But afternoon one all outskirt have to drive towards town area. Which take about 30 min due to jam.

Turbocharged

but the 20% cut from fare is cut throat. [knife]

SG should seriously consider privately-owned taxi (real one) again with the apps now.

Let's do a comparison.

Say an Uber driver and taxi lao rake in $300 of fares a day which is achievable and realistic.

Uber driver rental: $50 a day

Uber driver cost for rent and Uber's 20% cut: $110 = 36.7% of total revenue

Taxi driver cost for rent: $115 (referenced from SMRT's Chevy Epica petrol driven vehicle) = 38.3% of total revenue

So actually both are really about the same in terms of cost of rent plus earnings cut (for Uber and Grab).

Do I think it's justified for Uber to grab a cut? Definitely!

Will I use Uber over taxis? Definitely because it beats playing cat and mouse games during peak hours  :a-fun:

Edited by Porker
  • Praise 1

Wah he driving NEW car? Assuming he starts at 8am - 12noon, that's like $36 + ($25 x 3) x 0.8 = $88.80... for 8 trips within 4 hours...

then starts from 5pm - 10pm, ($27 x 2) + ($25 x 2) x 0.8 = $83.20 for 10 trips within 5 hours... Total = $172 /day

Calculations based on http://www.driveuber.sg/incentives/

My rental per day is only $53 (verna)... on Ron 92 @$1.82 before discount... and within 2 hours I would have covered my cost... Of course if your pal is only basing on fares alone then ya it would takes 4 hours or more for me to cover cost as well.

GPGT

attachicon.gifNew Picture.jpg

Lets say he clocks average $30 a hour, 30km

Now Uber promo 15% left $25.5

Uber takes 20% left $20.4

Petrol maybe $5 left $15.4

Rental varies, New car $70, old car $53.

Of course for those whom have relief or own car will be better.

Let's do a comparison.

Say an Uber driver and taxi lao rake in $300 of fares a day which is achievable and realistic.

Uber driver rental: $50 a day

Uber driver cost for rent and Uber's 20% cut: $110 = 36.7% of total revenue

Taxi driver cost for rent: $115 (referenced from SMRT's Chevy Epica petrol driven vehicle) = 38.3%

So actually both are really about the same in terms of cost of rent plus earnings cut (for Uber and Grab).

Do I think it's justified for Uber to grab a cut? Definitely!

Will I use Uber over taxis? Definitely because it beats playing cat and mouse games during peak hours :a-fun:

Depend on time. I heard off peak taxi is cheaper.

Turbocharged

Depend on time. I heard off peak taxi is cheaper.

WTF are you talking about Huat? You mean taxi rental has peak and off peak rental charges? Isn't it a flat per day rate?

of course taxi have but this industry is declining. The commuters are rallying behind private. Even Temasek invest in private. I just saying now private is bleeding their own drivers for market share. So I won't be joining atm.

It's a arrangement.

Don't forget. Everyone have a family. Everyone want to spend time with their Wife during normal hour.

if is an arrangement between the drivers..............means they wont be able to provide service during that peak hour............doesnt make a different to their earnings with or without uber mah............the only different is commuters get a transport and uber drivers get to earn from these lapses............ 

Unless is like during peak hours we have tons of cabs on the road and no takers.................and uber come and join in some more...........that one can KPKB lor..........

and if everyone wants to spend time with wife during normal hours....................who work the normal hours???...................

↡ Advertisement