Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

This hybrid has amazing fc. I get average 25km/L by my style of driving.

Thanks. It was kinda last min decision. Not much choice I have.

Sorry I forgotten to put you as referral. They gave me non-referral incentives.

Actually I try to avoid town area, esp drinking places. Don't want them to puke in the car. [:p]

Yeah I know. My Prius also getting 25km/L. Damn good.

Put some plastic bags in your car, just in case of vomit cases.

↡ Advertisement

I tried Uber part time for fun.

Question for the old birds.

Yesterday was about 4th time doing it, normally when in surge area, the requests can be non-stop (i.e. haven't finish drop off the next request pops up).

But last night, I was in the surge zone (my car position tracker was deep in the orange zone to be clear), still had to wait like 13-16 mins with no customers. My question is, wtf is causing the hold up? Is the software algorithm determining that given the situation, the surge is required even when there are no immediate customers?

I tried Uber part time for fun.

Question for the old birds.

Yesterday was about 4th time doing it, normally when in surge area, the requests can be non-stop (i.e. haven't finish drop off the next request pops up).

But last night, I was in the surge zone (my car position tracker was deep in the orange zone to be clear), still had to wait like 13-16 mins with no customers. My question is, wtf is causing the hold up? Is the software algorithm determining that given the situation, the surge is required even when there are no immediate customers?

I also do a bit part time.

Honestly I find in the last couple of months, even if you're in the surge area it's also no guarantee of getting a customer. I think it's just down to oversupply of drivers versus the demand.

I don't see surge as a guarantee now. It's just some software manipulated by those at Uber to adjust your fares. It's not a real reflection of actual demand.

Yes. That's why experience as a customer as well. Sometimes I see so many available cars on the app but still surge 100 percent till it is 70% more than taxi price.

With so many taxis on the road, I just take taxi lor.

Turbocharged

Yes. That's why experience as a customer as well. Sometimes I see so many available cars on the app but still surge 100 percent till it is 70% more than taxi price.

With so many taxis on the road, I just take taxi lor.

Grab apps also similar.

can see so many taxi/grabcars shown on the apps....but system says no car. ask me try again.

seems like those ghost-cars on the apps

Supersonic

Nobody knows how the algorithm works.

It could have calculated based on historical figures of how many calls in a certain area at a certain time period,

If more than the norm, give it a multiplier and colour the map.

If too many drivers arrived at around the same time, then only the few nearest, gets the riders. The rest just end up empty handed.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

sounds like uber is trying to manipulate the system here.

They should be heavily fined if found guilty of doing so.

They are operating as private hire.

As long as the fare is given to you upfront and you accept it, how to punish?

Just don't take if you find Grab or Uber ex, sometimes taxi is cheaper in the end.

Yesterday night from Vivo to Eunos, taxi fare only $19.

Uber was $23, Grab was $24.

Then I would also question those coaches that travels to MY and the anti competition thingy act fine them for manipulating fares.i find that dubious too as the price is there in the first place for all to see. I see similarities there.

And of course there is also the cartels and the lists go on.....

Then I would also question those coaches that travels to MY and the anti competition thingy act fine them for manipulating fares.i find that dubious too as the price is there in the first place for all to see.

Yeah exactly.

As long as got passenger willing to pay there's no issue.

Then I would also question those coaches that travels to MY and the anti competition thingy act fine them for manipulating fares.i find that dubious too as the price is there in the first place for all to see. I see similarities there.

Different la bro.

You do realise that for Uber and Grab, what the passenger pays and what the driver gets is different right? 

Passenger may pay surge pricing but they can use promo code.

For drivers Uber takes 20% of the fare, but if there's peak period boost multiplier incentive this 'extra' is not charged to the passenger but paid out as an extra by Uber. Same with promo code, Uber pays the driver the fare anyway.

Both sides got their plus and minus.

• Praise 3

SMRT德士宣布与Grab合作

SMRT德士宣布与第三方德士预召服务业者Grab合作,让旗下司机使用Grab应用作为专属召车平台。

SMRT德士也将与Grab合作,即将采用动态计费(dynamic pricing)方式向电召德士的乘客收取车费,

Grab目前已同三家德士公司得运、宝威和百胜德士合作,这三家德士公司的车队共有7000多辆,加上SMRT的3400多辆德士,与Grab合作的德士占了德士总数将近四成。

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20170317-737130

So they called it JustGrab?! So commuters now can use three apps to call for taxi/private car, uber, grab and justgrab?!

If I'm not wrong, justgrab will be part of the grab app. Interesting that pick up rates will be 2.50.
↡ Advertisement