Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Driver has to be polite but you should F them.

Kana hit by airborne virus. Sick like f**k already

That why no energy to talk to her

But the india indian was damn aggressive . hope she dont get ep

post-131345-0-83866200-1499842186_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Today had the most horrible experience

Took grab share to sgh.

The driver pick up another rider but when we reached there.

It was a family of 4 india indian.

The driver explain to them that grab share only 2 person but the india indians wont care and kept saying the 2 kids are on complementary as they arrive 10 days ago and whenever they took train or bus is also free.

Nb. Some people just think this is their home town

the driver let them board? i rather pay the driver and ask them to f*** off.

or tell them you have chicken pox, hfmd, or whatever, keep coughing at them  [laugh]

• Praise 5

Erhem, let the children board and tell the adults to make themselves at home in the boot.

Got child booster seats? Enough seat belts? No? Sorry. Drive off.

Safe ride and hope u dun spread more germs leh. Take MC can?

• Praise 3

the driver let them board? i rather pay the driver and ask them to f*** off.

no, the driver didnt let them go on board cos he took out a rules and regulation that says below 1.35 , driver would be fine $130 3 demerit points 

but the india lady dont care, kept on pulling the door handle and wanted to enter.

i usually dont care but today incident was extraordinary cos she wasted 5min of the driver's time trying to explain to her why cannot accept her ride and kept using mrt and bus complementary ride on why her 2 kids should be allowed into the car for free

running a fever of 38.9 already didnt really have energy to say anything 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Kana hit by airborne virus. Sick like f**k already

That why no energy to talk to her

But the india indian was damn aggressive . hope she dont get ep

attachicon.gif20170712_144702.jpg

That's what you get for showing off your body in the exercise thread!

Erhem, let the children board and tell the adults to make themselves at home in the boot.

Got child booster seats? Enough seat belts? No? Sorry. Drive off.

Safe ride and hope u dun spread more germs leh. Take MC can?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I don't know whether this is because diesel vehicles usually move off in 2nd gear.

More than 10 years ago, I was driving a diesel cargo van. i remembered that the SE told me to use the 2nd gear to move off, as the turbo diesel engine was quite powerful.

However the manual did not have this advise. I find I need to slip the clutch in order to move off in 2nd gear. So, I always use 1st gear to move off

Small diesel, you still use 1st gear to take off.

Only large diesel, trucks and buses, you need to use 2nd gear, bcuz the 1st gear will jerk the whole vehicle.

Supersonic

no, the driver didnt let them go on board cos he took out a rules and regulation that says below 1.35 , driver would be fine $130 3 demerit points 

but the india lady dont care, kept on pulling the door handle and wanted to enter.

i usually dont care but today incident was extraordinary cos she wasted 5min of the driver's time trying to explain to her why cannot accept her ride and kept using mrt and bus complementary ride on why her 2 kids should be allowed into the car for free

running a fever of 38.9 already didnt really have energy to say anything 

Driver is right to stop them from boarding.

My first experience with the same people, but I was not ready for it.

Supposed to have 2 on uberpool, but 3 came on, a couple with a son.

Then he keep pushing me that's it's short distance. But it turns out to be further and further away.

I was supposed to pick up another one first, and when I finally did (after dropping the cheapo family off), she turns out very angry with me.

It was my mistake. Next time, I will just reject such cheapos straightaway.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Today had the most horrible experience

Took grab share to sgh.

The driver pick up another rider but when we reached there.

It was a family of 4 india indian.

The driver explain to them that grab share only 2 person but the india indians wont care and kept saying the 2 kids are on complementary as they arrive 10 days ago and whenever they took train or bus is also free.

Nb. Some people just think this is their home town

U very lucky they didn't sit on top of u :D
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

In this case, some passengers may try to avoid long queue and take the shorter queue. Once onboard, they can request the taxi driver to drive them to their location which is much further away. The taxi drivers would be more than glad to go to further places.

Imagine the taxi driver changing shift so took that queue.  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Driver is right to stop them from boarding.

My first experience with the same people, but I was not ready for it.

Supposed to have 2 on uberpool, but 3 came on, a couple with a son.

Then he keep pushing me that's it's short distance. But it turns out to be further and further away.

I was supposed to pick up another one first, and when I finally did (after dropping the cheapo family off), she turns out very angry with me.

It was my mistake. Next time, I will just reject such cheapos straightaway.

Uber app has one bad point. It uses Google map for location. When ever there is incoming call from passengers and the pick up location is in some condo or the Hdb blk pick up point that is just next to the main road, the map will direct us to the main road and not to the condo inside or Hdb blk carpark.

Sometimes passengers key in postal code, and we see the address is all postal code numbers, which make us difficult to find the way.

So if passengers could help message us where is the exact pick up location and also the street name / condo name etc, that would help us a lot. It will also save passengers time as we will less likely make a wrong turn or go to wrong pick up location where the map shows us.

Another example is Yishun mrt pick up location. When I just started driving Uber, newbie, I follow the GPS and it led me to Yishun north point main road bus stop, I am unable to see where is the passenger's and make one more round as cannot stop there for long. Make one more round it is the same, end up the passenger pick up location is at Yishun mrt taxi stand there.

If the passenger would message me straight at the point where I accepted the call, I will know the exact location and go straight there without being going round and round, waste passenger time and driver time.

Stupid flaw in the Google map.

Edited by Yewheng

Uber app has one bad point. It uses Google map for location. When ever there is incoming call from passengers and the pick up location is in some condo or the Hdb blk pick up point that is just next to the main road, the map will direct us to the main road and not to the condo inside or Hdb blk carpark.

Sometimes passengers key in postal code, and we see the address is all postal code numbers, which make us difficult to find the way.

So if passengers could help message us where is the exact pick up location and also the street name / condo name etc, that would help us a lot. It will also save passengers time as we will less likely make a wrong turn or go to wrong pick up location where the map shows us.

Another example is Yishun mrt pick up location. When I just started driving Uber, newbie, I follow the GPS and it led me to Yishun north point main road bus stop, I am unable to see where is the passenger's and make one more round as cannot stop there for long. Make one more round it is the same, end up the passenger pick up location is at Yishun mrt taxi stand there.

If the passenger would message me straight at the point where I accepted the call, I will know the exact location and go straight there without being going round and round, waste passenger time and driver time.

If I not wrong the Uber app lets you choose whether to use Google Map or Waze for navigation.

But I agree very much about the rest. If passengers can just drop a message to mention the exact pickup point it would be very helpful. I also don't like just postal code numbers. We are not postmen.

Twincharged
(edited)

If I not wrong the Uber app lets you choose whether to use Google Map or Waze for navigation.

But I agree very much about the rest. If passengers can just drop a message to mention the exact pickup point it would be very helpful. I also don't like just postal code numbers. We are not postmen.

Yes waze for navigation, but the main app itself still use Google map.

Navigation is another thing. Waze navigation is a lot more accurate the Google map. But still where the Hdb block is next to main road and the main road do not have access to turn in carpark. Need to go one big round to small road to turn in carpark.

Also where pick up location like mrt and shopping mall is opposite. GG if passengers never message us where is the exact pick up location, if they just pin the map.

Lastly the postal code when passenger key in, we see postal code, and sometimes difficult to find where exactly it is without knowing the street name. Sometimes follow GPS blindly led to Holland.. And need to make one big round again to turn in.

Sometimes passengers just have to key in postal code or pin the map, if not the search location result will not show the location passeners want. But then the flaw is the Google map itself. If Uber tie-up the map with street directory and then we can either use Google map or waze for nagivation. The navigation itself will be hell lot better. Street directory is far more accurate and very detail.

Another thing is the pin the map. Try pin the map in CBD area, and driver will be lost on which building that the passenger is waiting as the location pick up will be 32 Robinson road for example. How the hell we know where is 32 Robinson road, no building name etc. So sometimes dont blame us that we missed them as we really do not know which building.

Edited by Yewheng

Turbocharged
(edited)

I think most uber drivers use waze. Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

You can choose to use either Google Map, Waze or Uber Map (latest).

For the same reason, I dumped Google Map and always use Waze.

Waze, most of the time will direct you even right into a Condo. Sometimes it doesn't. But Google Map has more flaws.

Even until today, I wait at "wrong" location, but it was exactly where the "ball" or target is showing.

The other reason is that riders sometimes cannot pinpoint exactly where they want to wait, due to restriction of the app.

For those who don't make contact with the driver, they can potentially lose out. Example, I waited 5 mins at Blk 19 Jl Tenteram, according to the app. I was about to leave when i decide to go around the road and she waved at me from Blk 16. So I picked her up. I could have cancel her trip and pocket $4 for waiting and she'll be charged cancellation fee, bcuz she didn't make effort to contact me.

There are many pickup places with "errors". Yishun MRT is one of them, as there are 2 sides to pick them up.

Be careful of Cluny Park Rd. Uber somehow likes to have pickups from there, where there are many double zig-zag lines and a hotspot for LTA to book you.

Supersonic

Yes waze for navigation, but the main app itself still use Google map.

Navigation is another thing. Waze navigation is a lot more accurate the Google map. But still where the Hdb block is next to main road and the main road do not have access to turn in carpark. Need to go one big round to small road to turn in carpark.

Also where pick up location like mrt and shopping mall is opposite. GG if passengers never message us where is the exact pick up location, if they just pin the map.

Lastly the postal code when passenger key in, we see postal code, and sometimes difficult to find where exactly it is without knowing the street name. Sometimes follow GPS blindly led to Holland.. And need to make one big round again to turn in.

Sometimes passengers just have to key in postal code or pin the map, if not the search location result will not show the location passeners want. But then the flaw is the Google map itself. If Uber tie-up the map with street directory and then we can either use Google map or waze for nagivation. The navigation itself will be hell lot better. Street directory is far more accurate and very detail.

Another thing is the pin the map. Try pin the map in CBD area, and driver will be lost on which building that the passenger is waiting as the location pick up will be 32 Robinson road for example. How the hell we know where is 32 Robinson road, no building name etc. So sometimes dont blame us that we missed them as we really do not know which building.

There are many faults with Uber map, and pickup points.

You just have to learn the hard way.

Example, there are 3 "special" pickups I learnt. City Square, Bedok Mall and Clementi Mall.

If you didn't know the pickups are at the basement, you'll be circulating around the block, usually with heavy traffic, get honked and can never find the pickup location. There may be more which I haven't found out yet.

Yes, Uber like to give address or postal code. As driver you get frustrated.

Why don't simply tell me KK Hospital instead of giving me 100 Bukit Timah Rd and I have to figure out which part of Bukit Timah Rd since it's so long ? And nobody puts "100" big sign on their building.

Stupid Uber.

City is full of traumatic experience. You don't know which side of the road you should drive to, left or right ?

You go to the wrong side, you can't cross over 5, 6 lanes when traffic is coming from behind.

You go to the left, there's RED bus line. Sometimes you need to go to the right.

Then there's only taxi stands which you can't use and riders like to wait there. Otherwise...now taxi drivers are encouraged to take video and pictures  of you and send to LTA.

U/G drivers are being kicked around at the moment.

↡ Advertisement